Christine Michael

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't even want to hear anything about fumbling. Aside from all the upside, the downside with CM, coming out of A&M, was "attitude and putting the ball down". Obviously, we hoped both of those things would be corrected by now, but IF he's still dropping the ball...just no..no no no PLEASE GOD tell me we didn't draft a fumbler to replace Marshawn Lynch. : /

cacksman

Reaction score
HawkWow":1076cscx said:
I don't even want to hear anything about fumbling. Aside from all the upside, the downside with CM, coming out of A&M, was "attitude and putting the ball down". Obviously, we hoped both of those things would be corrected by now, but IF he's still dropping the ball...just no..no no no PLEASE GOD tell me we didn't draft a fumbler to replace Marshawn Lynch. : /

:roll: That would also be Adrian Peterson's downside as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
cacksman":2rsb7en3 said:
HawkWow":2rsb7en3 said:

:roll: That would also be Adrian Peterson's downside as well.

Yes. Same with Stallone's wife, Adrian in the Rocky movies. Christine Micheal, Adrian Peterson, Adrian Balboa. All Identical in every way.

253hawk

Reaction score
Since Peterson entered the league, he's fumbled more than any other RB by a wide margin.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":37oys0iy said:
MontanaHawk05":37oys0iy said:
Michael will be on the sidelines until the coaching staff has tried to squeeze every drop of potential out of Robert Turbin and failed.

...or until Michael stops fumbling in practice? (Just a total shot in the dark guess on why he isn't trusted to play yet.)

...or until he learns how to block

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1i73m9yr said:
MontanaHawk05":1i73m9yr said:
Michael will be on the sidelines until the coaching staff has tried to squeeze every drop of potential out of Robert Turbin and failed.

...or until Michael stops fumbling in practice? (Just a total shot in the dark guess on why he isn't trusted to play yet.)
Pretty sure he can't be fumbling any worse in practice than Lynch is fumbling during actual games...

nwgamer

Reaction score
AgentDib":2280jat0 said:
DavidSeven":2280jat0 said:
Carroll specifically mentioned pass blocking as the reason when talking about this in a recent press conference - last monday maybe? He said something about how Turbin had the job because they liked his all around capabilities including what he could provide in pass protection.

Additionally, in the same presser, PC said that Turbin has more experience than Lockette and others carrying the ball in traffic and he prefers to go with the ball security.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yes, I'm well aware of Michael's blocking issues. That's only been talked about ad nauseam since the beginning of the season. My hunch is that ball security might also be an issue for him, which is why Pete doesn't trust him as a kick returner.

Again, all speculation. But that was his flaw in college, and I recall someone who attended pre-season practices saying that he fumbled almost every single time they gave him a chance to return.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The FO has shown that to get on the field you either need to earn your way, or an injury needs to happen. Even Russell Wilson was kept pretty close to the vest the first half of last year.

When you're playing behind a back like Lynch, you need to prove to Pete that you're ready to be out there. It does not matter how much potential you have.
Turbin proved it to Pete, which is why you see him so much and why he is the number two. Michael needs to earn his reps. No different than any other player.
He's still a rookie on a deep, deep team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37iu6esm said:

Why are you down on Turbin?

IMO Turbin's pretty damn electric for the few snaps he gets during the game, damn he hits those holes fast. I'd love for us to wrap up the division this weekend so we can get to see both Turbin and Michael for extended periods of time against the Rams.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2btubgum said:
MontanaHawk05":2btubgum said:

IMO Turbin's pretty damn electric for the few snaps he gets during the game, damn he hits those holes fast. I'd love for us to wrap up the division this weekend so we can get to see both Turbin and Michael for extended periods of time against the Rams.

Turbin is average. That is why people are down on him....nothing like a 3.6 ypc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":zgyu7p5h said:
Sgt. Largent":zgyu7p5h said:
MontanaHawk05":zgyu7p5h said:

Turbin is average. That is why people are down on him....nothing like a 3.6 ypc.

Not really fair considering he only gets about 10-15 snaps per game if he's lucky. People also get down on him because of who he plays behind, also not entirely fair.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2o1b6iwk said:
ImTheScientist":2o1b6iwk said:
Sgt. Largent":2o1b6iwk said:
MontanaHawk05":2o1b6iwk said:

Not really fair considering he only gets about 10-15 snaps per game if he's lucky. People also get down on him because of who he plays behind, also not entirely fair.

Oh, ya...that MUST be why people are down on him. It has nothing to do with the ability of Christine Michael (which people want to see more of) and all about the fact he plays behind Lynch. Nothing to do with the fact that he gets ankle tackled and is averaging 3.6 ypc.

:141847_bnono:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":pe9cq51w said:
Oh, ya...that MUST be why people are down on him. It has nothing to do with the ability of Christine Michael (which people want to see more of) and all about the fact he plays behind Lynch. Nothing to do with the fact that he gets ankle tackled and is averaging 3.6 ypc.

I get it, you don't like Turbin. Just saying his body of work isn't complete enough to write the guy off as a failure in the NFL.

btw, you keep repeating his 3.6 ypc THIS year, but he averaged 4.4 ypc last year, and over 6 ypc in college. So to tell me a guy who only plays a handful of snaps per game behind a future HOF running back isn't good is a shortsighted opinion.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uzhcksa said:
ImTheScientist":3uzhcksa said:

I get it, you don't like Turbin. Just saying his body of work isn't complete enough to write the guy off as a failure in the NFL.

btw, you keep repeating his 3.6 ypc THIS year, but he averaged 4.4 ypc last year, and over 6 ypc in college. So to tell me a guy who only plays a handful of snaps per game behind a future HOF running back isn't good is a shortsighted opinion.

70 carries is more than a handful. The inability to take the homer blinders off is a failure on your part. I think Michael is a star waiting in the wings......he plays behind that same future HOFer you reference.

BamKam

Reaction score
They are saving CMike's legs until Lynch is done. Running Backs have so many carriers, there is no need to waste his legs while we still have an elite running back. Once Marshawn's time is up, CMike will be the starter and Turbin will still be backing him up. I don't know how this couldn't be more clear to others here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL. This thread is funny.

It's not because I'm laughing at anything anyone said in particular, it just reminds me SOOOO much of the talk on the Webzone about LaMichael James.

People make the assumption that hes a bust because if he were any good he'd be playing. The 49ers and Seahawks have ALOT in common at the RB position. Absolute stud 1st teir starters. Different style runners, but both great backs. Lynch is younger tho, so advantage Seahawks. :) Behind those great RBs is a very good # 2 back. For Niners its' Hunter and in Seattle its Turbin. Again...2 backs with very different style.

The issue for Michael and James (interesting...two first names as last names) is that they are good players who are simply stuck deep on the depth chart on deep teams.

I was impressed with what I saw from Michael in the preseason so I wouldn't trip on him not playing.

As for Lattimore....I guess the best way I can explain the way I see it is that the 49ers are effectively a year ahead of the Seahawks in the process. Their starter is older, their backups are a year older with an additional year in the offense, and they have JUST taken a flyer on an injured college player who may have a bright future. I'm sure the Seahawks will take a flyer on another young back this year. The running game is far too important. They, like the Niners, will constantly look to improve their stable of backs.

Jville

Reaction score
I don't believe "most people" are down on Robert Turbin. I believe that assertion is false.

I do think those of us who appreciate Robert Turbin place a much stronger emphasis on trust and ball security.

BamKam

Reaction score
Turbin is a solid #2 guy. He isn't an every down kind of back. People thought he was a lot better than he was because he had big biceps coming in.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49 .... your hopeless. You can't help yourself from injecting 49er subjects into as many seahawks.net threads as possible. SMH

Latest posts