CJ Stroud Mock draft

BASF

Reaction score
I find it very interesting that CJ Stroud has been removed from the PFF Mock draft simulator. I found several players in the simulator who said they were returning to school over a month ago. However, Stroud has not made his decision yet as far as I can tell.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Stroud hasn’t declared yet and tomorrow is the last day he can. Speculation is that the alumni is coming up with more NIL money to get him to come back for a Natty run in 2023

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Indeed. Just very odd that he was already removed when others who have stated definitively that they are returning to school have not.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Found him. Weird that he wasn't showing up earlier. However, I doubt he declares at this point anyway. Mods, feel free to delete.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he has a shot at being the number one overall pick. Makes zero sense to stay. I don't get the logic.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if he declares for the draft today or not. I just saw a mock that had us picking Stroud at #5, while the Colts take Levis at 4.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Seems he has a bit of drama queen in him. Happy he declared. Makes our path to one of the best defenders that much easier.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
As long as we don't move up to get him, I am fine with it. Drama queen and all.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If he fell to 5 and John likes him enough to draft him I'd be pumped about it. I trust John here although it will be interesting to know who is in control Pete or John. I think last year Pete gave up some of his power in the draft process and let John do what he's good at and we saw the results so I hope it stays that way. This is completely a theory based on some stuff that came out and not verified for sure.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
My theory is that Pete took back more control last draft away from buffoon coordinators. I'd be willing to bet that the influence on our picks were the position coaches through Norton Jr. When he was shown the door, Hurtt lost his influence over the D-Line choices. Desai was obviously behind Bryant and Woolen, but with an inexperienced D-Coordinator Pete had to take control back. No way to prove it or disprove it except that we had pretty good D-Line choices until Hurtt showed up.

Rat

Reaction score
he has a shot at being the number one overall pick. Makes zero sense to stay. I don't get the logic.
There was chatter than Ohio State was working on putting a big NIL together for him to stay, but I agree it makes more sense for him to enter the draft. He'll be a high pick and one season closer to the biggest payday of his life.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Where are people getting the drama queen stuff? I've barely heard him talk.
Not people, just me. Waiting to the last day to make the announcement is one reason. The header for his announcement being almost a monument to him in the penitent/pensive/aggressive shots all capped off with the beauty shot of him looking to the future like it is a movie poster.

It points to showmanship and yes, being a drama queen. I am not saying it is a bad thing. It probably is something his PR people came up with.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't see what's bad about waiting until the last day. It may have been a difficult decision and he needed the time to decide what's best for him. Apparently, Ohio State was working on a big NIL deal to get him to stay, so he would have had to take that under consideration.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I don't see what's bad about waiting until the last day. It may have been a difficult decision and he needed the time to decide what's best for him. Apparently, Ohio State was working on a big NIL deal to get him to stay, so he would have had to take that under consideration.
Of course you don’t he’s your boy