Clay Matthews dirty hit

Tundra

Reaction score
APB":xlwvvxq4 said:
TundraApe":xlwvvxq4 said:
Like I stated before, show me a Hawk hit on Rogers like that? End of story. Matthews =POS! Hope he enjoys fishing this spring!
What? WTF are you talking about? You're right because Rodgers has sense enough to get the heck out of the way when he throws a pick? LOL
i did not see any Seahawk defenders hit Rogers like that in the head. The hit was an attempt to injure Wilson IMHO. Again show me a hit on Rogers that was like that one? You won't see the Hawk defenders pulling that Bush League type hit! Matthews can start his fishing season now. He can finger himself while he does it too!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
In a post by APB on his Packer forum:

P.S. To our new Seattle friends - don't even try coming in here singing the praises of a superior team. The Packers outplayed your mighty Seahawks at their own game in your house but gave it away at the end. Just say "thank you" and move along. You're welcome.

Packers no more gave the Seahawks the game then the Seahawks gave them the game to begin with. The Seahawks stepped up and TOOK the game when it mattered most. Take a look at the box score, the better team did not lose today.

How about you crawl back to your forum and wallow in your beer and cheese. There are some great representatives form you team's fan base that have been around this week. You are rapidly proving to not be one of them. Just say "thank you" and move along.

OP
OP
SnoCoHawk

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
APB":6avmh9g7 said:
Not h2h and not away from the play. Matthews led with his shoulder to block Wilson who was clearly pursuing the runner. Had Matthews truly wanted to destroy Wilson, he could have very easily. He didn't.

clay-matthews-hit-on-russell-wilson-nfc-championship-replay.gif

It's football, folks. You probably celebrated the Browner hit on Greg Jennings a few years ago. This was much cleaner than that hit. And here I thought you Seahawk fans appreciated tough, hard-hitting football...?

Even if he was leading with his shoulder, it was toward Wilson's head. Wilson didn't duck at the last minute - it was no accident.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
At the time I said, "if he doesn't' get fined I'm never watching another NFL game". Of course I'm watching the Super Bowl so maybe I was taking s#(#* but it was a cheap shot and as some of u said - Karma. He went out which helped us win.

#gohawks

APB

Reaction score
Had Matthews went for a kill shot, Wilson would still be laying on the ground. He had him dead to rights and Russ never saw him coming. Matthews turned to offer his shoulder pad as the point of impact and hit him square in the chest with the main force of the blow.

There was an incidental glancing blow with the helmet. The main point on impact was the shoulder pad, tho. Last I heard, incidental h2h contact is allowed in football on tackle plays. It happens. Get over it.

OP
OP
SnoCoHawk

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
APB":1obqolnp said:
Had Matthews went for a kill shot, Wilson would still be laying on the ground. He had him dead to rights and Russ never saw him coming. Matthews turned to offer his shoulder pad as the point of impact and hit him square in the chest with the main force of the blow.

There was an incidental glancing blow with the helmet. The main point on impact was the shoulder pad, tho. Last I heard, incidental h2h contact is allowed in football on tackle plays. It happens. Get over it.

You're just wrong. He didn't get hit square in the chest, he got hit square in the jaw. So how about you just slither back to your own forum?

APB

Reaction score
Bitter":hl20t2e5 said:
In a post by APB on his Packer forum:

P.S. To our new Seattle friends - don't even try coming in here singing the praises of a superior team. The Packers outplayed your mighty Seahawks at their own game in your house but gave it away at the end. Just say "thank you" and move along. You're welcome.

Packers no more gave the Seahawks the game then the Seahawks gave them the game to begin with. The Seahawks stepped up and TOOK the game when it mattered most. Take a look at the box score, the better team did not lose today.

How about you crawl back to your forum and wallow in your beer and cheese. There are some great representatives form you team's fan base that have been around this week. You are rapidly proving to not be one of them. Just say "thank you" and move along.
Good find! LOL

I disagree, obviously, but that's not a debate I wish to pursue here. It'd be pointless for both sides.

Poor representative? Because I happen to disagree over the Matthews hit? I've been disrespectful on this forum when...?

morgulon1

Reaction score
TundraApe":14nj0l2z said:
Like I stated before, show me a Hawk hit on Rogers like that? End of story. Matthews =POS! Hope he enjoys fishing this spring!

That bitch has time to make another fat head commercial. I dislike him. Had someone from Seattle had done that to Rodgers or worse Brady, there would be a 50,000 fine or more and suspension.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3lc9qrob said:
Any defensive player in that situation is going to put a big hit on the QB. It sucked to watch but it's football, folks.

I'll step into the hate fire with you. Most defensive players are going to revel in a chance to make a hit on a quarterback like this who is trying to tackle. It's pretty similar to the Golden Tate blindside on Sean Lee from a couple years ago. It just sucks that Matthews is a giant man and Wilson is a not-so-giant man who is also the quarterback.

I definitely cringed on the first replay.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
You could not include anything from today and prove that Matthews is dirty. He hits every QB late and is not all that he is touted to be.

hawk45

Reaction score
I agree with Seanhawk that last week's shot to Romo's knees was dirtier. If Clay weren't such a consistently dirty POS he'd get some benefit of the doubt for today's shot to Wilson's jaw.

But he is, so he doesn't.

seafence82

Reaction score
I for the most part like the pack and there fans, but Matthews is a dirty player and he clearly had intent on this shot. Saw it last year against Kaep of all people, and he acted the same today like he does every time i see him - he is a cheap shot and goes for the injury but using playing within the rules as his excuse to get away with it. How on earth can you launch for the neck in this type of situation, when it was the qb who destroyed you last game and he is already out of bounds, same today intent.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... Kaepernick

We all know he took roids in college, and the result is a fake tough guy trying to make up for it cause he isn't one from birth. Eff that guy and rodger's crybaby when he loses, but everyone else from players to coaches to most fans have mad respect for

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
Clay Matthews is, without a doubt, one of the five most over-rated players in the NFL. He makes 2 plays a game if he is lucky and the announcers drool all over him. They never talk about the other 48 plays where he does nothing.

On a side note.......That JR Sweezy hit on him was great and I would take that 15 yards every time.

irocdave

Reaction score
I thought the same thing about Sweezy spearing him in the ribs. Payback and I'd take the penalty for it every time. That hit seemed to get the team out of the funk they were in.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
APB":3liynk8f said:
Kam makes a hit like this and you celebrate it.

Matthews clearly turns his shoulder into the hit to save from completely laying Wilson out and he's a d-bag.

I think I get it now.

A Blind side block is illegal, helmet to helmet has nothing to do with it. Kam does not blind side block opposing quarterbacks after they throw INTs. He knocks the everloving shit out of opposing RBs straight up....like a man. Matthews shames his bloodline.

APB

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":dpdenzza said:
APB":dpdenzza said:

Matthews clearly turns his shoulder into the hit to save from completely laying Wilson out and he's a d-bag.

I think I get it now.

A Blind side block is illegal, helmet to helmet has nothing to do with it. Kam does not blind side block opposing quarterbacks after they throw INTs. He knocks the everloving shit out of opposing RBs straight up....like a man. Matthews shames his bloodline.
Like this?
kamhit.gif

I could pull up several hits like this. Is this dirty play? Was Kam intending to hurt him? Is Kam a dirty player?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
APB":3p4bb5ld said:
SoCalSeahawk":3p4bb5ld said:
APB":3p4bb5ld said:

I think I get it now.

Like this?
kamhit.gif

I could pull up several hits like this. Is this dirty play? Was Kam intending to hurt him? Is Kam a dirty player?

Seriously, take a few days off from here. We don't want you here crapping on our win right now anymore than you want us on your forum rubbing it in.

Hawks46

Reaction score
JSeahawks":uddb2wmz said:
Didnt think it was that bad to be honest. He could have squared up on and killed him if he wanted to.

He did square up. The only reason he didn't kill him was he dipped his helmet and lead with his head. When lead with your helmet you lose vision on the target and many times miss.

He was trying to take Russ out. Period.

What no one else is mentioning is that Russ was already being blocked and was going down. Absolutely a head hunting dirty play.

APB

Reaction score
It's a legitimate question. Many of you called out Matthews for making a "dirty" hit. Answer the question. Was Kam's hit dirty? Is he a dirty player?

homerun1970

Reaction score
APB guess what Kams hit was legal no helmet to helmet. That hit was submitted to the league and no fines came out on Weds. Why don't you do us a favor and come back on Weds and discuss the fine or lack of. Till then your just trolling we have a shack for that .

Latest posts