Clayton doesn't think PRich will get $6m APY from Seahawks

THE TABS

Reaction score
Four years with the team, and this past season was the first in which he dressed for all 16 games. 44 catches doesn’t merit 3 or 4 million a year, let alone 6.

I agree with Lockett over Richardson. If he leaves, I’d also take a cheap flier on Terrell Pryor. It would be nice to have a big physical receiver that could create mismatches on the outside.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Wenhawk":11hnksiv said:
Not for me, they are close. P-Rich is the fastest man in the team, speed is important and he draws more feel coverage than you would expect. Lockett had to stay injury free and regain all his speed before I'd pay him. He was special his rookie year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He may be the fastest on the team, but my impression is that it doesnt translate to game speed . Yes he is fast, butI dont see him pulling away from CB's the way I would expect. Of course, I can remember the Galloway days where if he had a 1/2 step he was gone.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":26s9kxbx said:
chris98251":26s9kxbx said:
Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes.

That's not the Schottenheimer profile.

YES IT IS.

There are a few pieces that will need to be added before anyone can try to predict the early features of the Rams Schottenheimer-led Air Coryell. The St. Louis Rams will need wide receivers with size and/or speed on the outside; polished route runners with a knack for making adjustments on the ball. The system basically doesn’t work without talented receivers. With the sidelines covered, that leaves the middle of the field, where danger and fear collide. This is where the quarterback’s safety nets reside - his clutch slot receiver and an able-bodied tight end. Pair these pass catchers with a workhorse like Steven Jackson in the backfield and you’ll get what I believe to be is an early look at the Rams’ new aerial game plan.

It does say or speed but you need a physical guy for the middle and if all you want is a sprinter for occasional deep balls then Prich isn't worth that money.

DrDix

Reaction score
Not worth the cap.

Don't get me wrong, I love PRich, he really came into his own this season and in a better offense could likely hit 1k yards. However, in a very low risk way his production can be replaced for a lot cheaper through FA or the draft.

original poster

Reaction score
I’d hazard a guess Darboh could at the very least offer 75% of his production for peanuts in comparison. Just needs a chance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":1c0xc7sc said:
MontanaHawk05":1c0xc7sc said:
chris98251":1c0xc7sc said:
Except he doesn't fit the Schottenhiemer Receiver Profile, not a big guy, speed yes.

That's not the Schottenheimer profile.

YES IT IS.

There are a few pieces that will need to be added before anyone can try to predict the early features of the Rams Schottenheimer-led Air Coryell. The St. Louis Rams will need wide receivers with size and/or speed on the outside; polished route runners with a knack for making adjustments on the ball. The system basically doesn’t work without talented receivers. With the sidelines covered, that leaves the middle of the field, where danger and fear collide. This is where the quarterback’s safety nets reside - his clutch slot receiver and an able-bodied tight end. Pair these pass catchers with a workhorse like Steven Jackson in the backfield and you’ll get what I believe to be is an early look at the Rams’ new aerial game plan.

It does say or speed but you need a physical guy for the middle and if all you want is a sprinter for occasional deep balls then Prich isn't worth that money.

I knew exactly what paragraph you were referring to.

mrblitz

Reaction score
they should draft/convert several college o-linemen to fill out their receiving corps. then there would be better blocking on the running plays. plus, big receivers would be very hard to tackle, and wear down a defense as the game went along. just find some college dudes who are 275 pounds or so, and check to see that they want to play wideout/te/h-back, and if they have good hands.

another place to recruit would be off of college bastketball teams.

Jville

Reaction score
The contract amount Richardson will attract is all speculative. We have seen teams, including the Seahawks, overpay. However, I do think Richardson is currently more valuable to Wilson than any other quarterback in the league.

A change in the offensive coaching staff hints at changes to 2018 practice priorities. Assuming that they will cut back on scramble drills and unscripted improvisation in favor of getting in as many scripted plays as possible, it's the guys that own a history with Wilson's improvisation that may have an edge.

Paul Richardson has a skill set that is not immediately replaceable. The speedy but very raw Cyril Grayson Jr. isn't ready. It would take a miracle for him to be ready for a significant role on opening day.

Given that tight end criterion could be altered for the new 2018 offense, who is to say that any resigning might not come down to the more affordable incompetent receiver.

The Seahawk 2018 defense is currently the leagues 6th most expensive while the offense is the 8th least expensive. A release of Jeremy Lane and a signing of Paul Richardson would improve cap balance. Richardson's best years are ahead of him.

This is a big year for cap management.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3fyzxpmx said:
I wouldnt give him more than that either....

In 4 years, only this past year he has done anything of substance...

In his first 3 years and 31 games played, only 51 catches 599 yards and 2TD

This past year he had a decent year but it wasnt anything special

44 catches, 703 yards and 6TD

Catch wise 86th in the league, yard wise 45th in the league, TD tied 26th in the league

AVG per year of around 5-6 would put him in with the likes of Chris Hogan, Erick Decker, Kearse, Thielen, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall, Edelman, Amari Cooper, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate

Still hurts we didn't come up with the cash for Tate. He's actually worth that price bracket.

I agree, PRich is not worth it. Before this year, we would all have waved goodbye without a second thought because of his injury history. I don't trust him and I'd rather use the money elsewhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've said since November that all I'd give P-Rich is a 2-3 year Kearse type deal to prove he's worth a bigger contract.

No one's going to give him more than this, he hasn't proven anything other than he's still got upside, and upside isn't worth much in the NFL until you prove it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gtambtd said:
I've said since November that all I'd give P-Rich is a 2-3 year Kearse type deal to prove he's worth a bigger contract.

No one's going to give him more than this, he hasn't proven anything other than he's still got upside, and upside isn't worth much in the NFL until you prove it.

LOL.....Nope.....

The Seattle Seahawks signed first-round draft pick Aaron Curry to a six-year deal that guarantees the linebacker $34 million, a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora on Saturday.

The contract is the richest for a rookie non-quarterback in NFL history, The Associated Press reports, and has a maximum value of $60 million, according to the league source.

The trade between Seattle and Minnesota that brought Harvin to the Seahawks became official once the NFL's league year began Tuesday. The Seahawks gave up a trio of draft picks, including the first-round pick in 2013.

Harvin signed a six-year, $67 million extension with the Seahawks, with $25 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1vxl042l said:
Sgt. Largent":1vxl042l said:

LOL.....Nope.....

The Seattle Seahawks signed first-round draft pick Aaron Curry to a six-year deal that guarantees the linebacker $34 million, a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora on Saturday.

The contract is the richest for a rookie non-quarterback in NFL history, The Associated Press reports, and has a maximum value of $60 million, according to the league source.

The trade between Seattle and Minnesota that brought Harvin to the Seahawks became official once the NFL's league year began Tuesday. The Seahawks gave up a trio of draft picks, including the first-round pick in 2013.

Harvin signed a six-year, $67 million extension with the Seahawks, with $25 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

1. First round picks are different, especially before the new CBA slotting contracts.

2. Harvin had proved himself, 60+ receptions for four years and one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league. Maybe we got screwed on the deal, but it doesn't mean he didn't prove himself........or else we wouldn't have paid him.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Aros":csmqyqqh said:
original poster":csmqyqqh said:
Lockett over PRich ten times out of ten.

^ This. SO much ^ this.

Why? Lockett hasn't done a lot the last 2 years. His return game has been limited and his receiving hasn't taken off.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jlwaters1":13ov8swv said:
Aros":13ov8swv said:
original poster":13ov8swv said:

^ This. SO much ^ this.

Why? Lockett hasn't done a lot the last 2 years. His return game has been limited and his receiving hasn't taken off.

And he can't block on the perimeter. Huge issue in the offense Pete wants to run.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15jj7ido said:
jlwaters1":15jj7ido said:
Aros":15jj7ido said:
original poster":15jj7ido said:

^ This. SO much ^ this.

And he can't block on the perimeter. Huge issue in the offense Pete wants to run.

Richardson is an even worse blocker.........and he doesn't return kicks or punts.

It's true that Lockett has lost a step, but he's coming off a major leg break. So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

People can say whatever they want about P-Rich, he ain't getting a big contract, here or elsewhere. Slight, injury prone and inconsistent doesn't = 6-8M a year. It equals 3-5M a year and prove you can stay healthy and consistently catch balls if you want more.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fu65jvnt said:
So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

That's a lot of faith. He might get it back, he might not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2380z1f4 said:
Sgt. Largent":2380z1f4 said:
So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

He was just starting to regain it towards the end of this year if you noticed. The timeline for major leg breaks is 12-18 months, so I'm certainly not going to write off Tyler just yet............and again if I was choosing between him and P-Rich? I'd choose Lockett.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6tr4d7q7 said:
MontanaHawk05":6tr4d7q7 said:
Sgt. Largent":6tr4d7q7 said:

He was just starting to regain it towards the end of this year if you noticed. The timeline for major leg breaks is 12-18 months, so I'm certainly not going to write off Tyler just yet............and again if I was choosing between him and P-Rich? I'd choose Lockett.

He had one nice return for a touchdown, without which we're probably a lot more inclined towards keeping P-Rich.

Lockett never returned his form as a RECEIVER, nor showed any real evidence of it. That's where his value needs to show up if we're going to stick with this value assessment. If he stays at his current gear, he's a shadow of the guy we drafted and not worth keeping in exchange for a guy who at least gave us six touchdowns and has better chances of high-pointing 50/50 balls.

Latest posts