Clayton doesn't think PRich will get $6m APY from Seahawks

olyfan63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1m50foas said:
Lockett never returned his form as a RECEIVER, nor showed any real evidence of it. That's where his value needs to show up if we're going to stick with this value assessment. If he stays at his current gear, he's a shadow of the guy we drafted and not worth keeping in exchange for a guy who at least gave us six touchdowns and has better chances of high-pointing 50/50 balls.

That's what my eyes saw on the field this year as well. PRich was the far more valuable *receiver* and Wilson trusted him, including at crunch time. Richardson had numerous big catches at key times. Lockett had a couple here and there.

Lockett is easier to connect with emotionally, for fans, but PRich is the better *receiver* at present, and the one Wilson looks for when things break down. That said, I have no idea what the team will do here, other than I think they will make PRich a reasonable offer to stay.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Give that money to Allen Robinson - he should have been our pick anyway.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bqvtt45m said:
Sgt. Largent":bqvtt45m said:
MontanaHawk05":bqvtt45m said:
Sgt. Largent":bqvtt45m said:
So I fully expect him to regain his quickness and burst next year, or get closer than he was this year.

That's a lot of faith. He might get it back, he might not.

He was just starting to regain it towards the end of this year if you noticed. The timeline for major leg breaks is 12-18 months, so I'm certainly not going to write off Tyler just yet............and again if I was choosing between him and P-Rich? I'd choose Lockett.

He had one nice return for a touchdown, without which we're probably a lot more inclined towards keeping P-Rich.

Lockett never returned his form as a RECEIVER, nor showed any real evidence of it. That's where his value needs to show up if we're going to stick with this value assessment. If he stays at his current gear, he's a shadow of the guy we drafted and not worth keeping in exchange for a guy who at least gave us six touchdowns and has better chances of high-pointing 50/50 balls.

I guess I'm not ready to just give up on Lockett. Dude's a baller, and even at 80% of his top quickness and speed I'd rather have him over P-Rich, who gets hurt, doesn't play special teams and is the most inconsistent WR on the roster...........and I'm CERTAINLY not giving him a fat new contract at 6-8M a year.

I know we love our players, but the FA market and draft is full of Paul Richardsons, skinny fast guys.

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":sesan73o said:
Give me Norwell or Pugh at LG, then if there's money left over, consider Robinson if the price is right.

King Dog

Reaction score
massari":36h6vgsk said:
Hasselbeck":36h6vgsk said:
Give me Norwell or Pugh at LG, then if there's money left over, consider Robinson if the price is right.

Sounds like they're going to tag Robinson anyway.

original poster

Reaction score
King Dog":tlrtppyr said:
massari":tlrtppyr said:
Hasselbeck":tlrtppyr said:

Sounds like they're going to tag Robinson anyway.

Yeah I heard the same.