CLINCHED... WILD... CARD.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah it is so nice to see the little "X" next to the Seahawks on all the playoff scenarios and see that no other team has one. We're in!

LAMike1

Reaction score
Can someone with better math skills than I confirm? If... Check that... WHEN we win next week, doesn't that clinch the division? It would put SF and Arizona no less than 4 games behind us with 3 games to go. Am I right?

KK84

Reaction score
LAMike1":1d95vm7s said:
Can someone with better math skills than I confirm? If... Check that... WHEN we win next week, doesn't that clinch the division? It would put SF and Arizona no less than 4 games behind us with 3 games to go. Am I right?

Yes.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
A good milestone, but if it all ended today, would anybody be happy with a wild card?

I certainly wouldn't! Funny how expectations change from a roughly the last half of last season until now. Another important win is coming up (one of the two we need for HFA), and wouldn't a win in the 9ers crib be sweet?!

sutz

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1riv0i8d said:
A good milestone, but if it all ended today, would anybody be happy with a wild card?

I certainly wouldn't! Funny how expectations change from a roughly the last half of last season until now. Another important win is coming up (one of the two we need for HFA), and wouldn't a win in the 9ers crib be sweet?!
Actually, "if it all ended today" I believe we would be the #1 seed, not a wild card.

;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LAMike1":24w0m120 said:

Not only the division, but a first round bye.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's crazy that we could clinch the #1 seed if we win our next 2 games. With 2 games to go after that.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
So we just clinched a playoff spot... but check this out: we did so as the leader of the strongest division in the league by win/loss %.

A win next week over the 9rs would clinch the division, but over a strong wild-card contender.

Am I wrong in seeing the only other teams close to clinching are AFC: Patriots and Colts with wins coupled with losses from Dolphins and Titans?

We truly do control our own destiny. What a thrill to not have to depend on other teams winning or losing for our own advancement!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2srs18od said:
So we just clinched a playoff spot... but check this out: we did so as the leader of the strongest division in the league by win/loss %.

A win next week over the 9rs would clinch the division, but over a strong wild-card contender.

Am I wrong in seeing the only other teams close to clinching are AFC: Patriots and Colts with wins coupled with losses from Dolphins and Titans?

We truly do control our own destiny. What a thrill to not have to depend on other teams winning or losing for our own advancement!

True...we are in Hawk Heaven! Rarified air for this team....not since 2005!