Why Not Us?

Maulbert

Reaction score
You trust Mr. Irrelevant to not come back down to earth and stink up the joint once every D-coordinator has had an entire off season to figure out Shanahan's check down to my super fast RB's style of offense?

Cause I do, and their defense is weaker too.

So I'm not sold on the we're not the best team in the west just yet until I see the Niners.
I also don't trust Christian McCaffrey to stay healthy 2 seasons in a row.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I also don't trust Christian McCaffrey to stay healthy 2 seasons in a row.

Good point. Add Deebo and Kittle are usually good for missing 4-5 games a season.

But yeah, most people I trust don't think the Niners are going to be as strong as they've been the past couple of years.

Also isn't Bosa still holding out?

Mick063

Reaction score
I'm worried about inside linebacker depth, but then again, this is a passing league.

It all really boils down to red zone efficiency. I think the team will move the ball between the 20s just fine. But can they punch it in from the 20? If they can, then they can unleash those edge rushers in the fourth quarter and kill clock with the run game as well. Getting that fourth quarter lead is huge for this team because the defensive roster is built that way. They can't settle for first half field goals.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Health is the key, we always hit the start of the season like a car running on a flat tire, takes till about midseason to have everything click. If we can start out hot for a change and keep it going we could set ourselves up well, Cards, well they are a spoiler team this year looking to get recognition for knocking someone out. Rams not thinking they have the pieces anymore, a pain in our ass granted but stepped back and I don't think have the pieces to step back up. 49ers, well they had pieces but squandered the advantage of first contracts and flexibility of cap. Now they are hoping rather then dictating as players start to drift off and depth with it. Healthy they could be Purdy good and win it if we stumble.

Reactions: LTH

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
"Why not us" seems like a bat signal to all of us that think that the peak of PCs remaining time in Seattle is maybe to get in the playoffs. He has a easily documented list of failures in the playoffs since the Super Bowl loss. He isn't changing. How do I know that? Because his current DC is bad and was the assistant to the prior DC who was also bad.
At least he quite drafting like a drunk Bobby Beathard maybe after some ownership "suggestions"

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think we'll go as far as our health and Geno's arm and decision making will take us. Could be far, could be not so far. Time will tell. Will be a very interesting and insightful season, as much will be made clear about the future of the franchise. I hope that ends up being a very positive thing.

LTH

Reaction score
Recently Geno said there's no reason we shouldn't think of the 2023 Seahawks as Super Bowl contenders. I agree. Why not us? The circle jerk over the Eagles and 9ers somehow having the end all as the cream of the crop, strangle hold in the NFC seems silly to me considering the difference between the elite teams and the bottom feeders isn't as much as people think. Currently, the Seahawks are rated at #14 in the NFL Power Rankings. I think they are closer to #10 myself.

This team could very well be special this year. Thoughts?
First thing Aros, you go ahead and use that phrase if you want ....damn it 😆 I'm not going to hold it against ya!

I agree with you. I was watching Dan Veins Forever Seahawks pod cast, and really the first time I saw what the team looked like on paper (assuming he is right about who is on the team) looks to me like there is good depth at all positions assuming Mone comes back. Stacked at corner..

If they can stay healthy and get the rooks to produce and play to their potential that's the key... a team is only as good as the weakest link as it just takes one guy not to do his job and it blows up.

The team is going to go through some ups and downs all they have to do is stay close to SF . It's really not how they start, its how you make needed adjustments with scheme and personal and most importantly finding and owning identity , peaking at the right time and finishing on top of their game. IMO the season is a time to dial in these issues... wouldn't surprise me if they added a DT after cuts. Another player I like DT Perry the 2nd.. I thought he flashed in pre season.

No reason this team can't be a SB contending team other than getting massacred with injury.

There is something special with this group... I can feel it... and it has nothing to do with the pre season record...

Those are my thoughts

LTH

morgulon1

Reaction score
First thing Aros, you go ahead and use that phrase if you want ....damn it 😆 I'm not going to hold it against ya!

I agree with you. I was watching Dan Veins Forever Seahawks pod cast, and really the first time I saw what the team looked like on paper (assuming he is right about who is on the team) looks to me like there is good depth at all positions assuming Mone comes back. Stacked at corner..

If they can stay healthy and get the rooks to produce and play to their potential that's the key... a team is only as good as the weakest link as it just takes one guy not to do his job and it blows up.

The team is going to go through some ups and downs all they have to do is stay close to SF . It's really not how they start, its how you make needed adjustments with scheme and personal and most importantly finding and owning identity , peaking at the right time and finishing on top of their game. IMO the season is a time to dial in these issues... wouldn't surprise me if they added a DT after cuts. Another player I like DT Perry the 2nd.. I thought he flashed in pre season.

No reason this team can't be a SB contending team other than getting massacred with injury.

There is something special with this group... I can feel it... and it has nothing to do with the pre season record...

Those are my thoughts

LTH
Why not ?

LTH

Reaction score
Why not ?
Why not? What? Lol oh my I'm confused not sure what you mean?

Why don't I hold his comment "why not us" against him?

Because you guys already thrashed him.. lol

LTH

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
Every offseason, I convince myself we're a Super Bowl contender. I mean, I picked us to win 11 games last year. So, I'm all in on the optimism.

Our contender status rides on Geno's shoulders. For the most part, Geno is an excellent guy to bet on. Almost every meaningful stat favored him last season. Except one. Turnover potential. He benefited greatly from good fortune. So we need him to be better than last season to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I see no reason why he couldn't improve. But I worry about what happens if he doesn't improve and those 50/50 plays start bouncing against him.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Every offseason, I convince myself we're a Super Bowl contender. I mean, I picked us to win 11 games last year. So, I'm all in on the optimism.

Our contender status rides on Geno's shoulders. For the most part, Geno is an excellent guy to bet on. Almost every meaningful stat favored him last season. Except one. Turnover potential. He benefited greatly from good fortune. So we need him to be better than last season to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I see no reason why he couldn't improve. But I worry about what happens if he doesn't improve and those 50/50 plays start bouncing against him.
No worries!
Geno's line and backfield have been upgraded from last year, not to mention receiving core.
He will have good protection, for the most part and many more options to erase the 3rd and longs. This will be nice to watch!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Calling it a Russ line is silly, considering 'Why not us?' was cliche in the 90's.
In retrospect, I think he was saying, “why not Russ”. It makes more sense considering how he evolved. We just heard it as “us”! :ROFLMAO:

HagFaithful

Reaction score
You trust Mr. Irrelevant to not come back down to earth and stink up the joint once every D-coordinator has had an entire off season to figure out Shanahan's check down to my super fast RB's style of offense?

Cause I do, and their defense is weaker too.

So I'm not sold on the we're not the best team in the west just yet until I see the Niners.
I think Darnold wins that QB job by Week 8.

You believe we are the best team in the division?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You believe we are the best team in the division?

It all hinges on Purdy IMO. If he can continue to play at a high level like he did last year? Then I think SF is still the best team in the division.

But I don't believe he will. I think coordinators are VERY good at figuring out offenses and limited QB's like Purdy once they have enough film. So I expect him to come back down to earth. Dude's got a noodle for an arm and only led the league in completion percentage cause 80% of his passes were screens and check downs watching McCaffrey, Deebo and Kittle run for 20 yards after the catch.

This combined with the Hawk's vastly improved roster should put us right there for the division.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Why not? What? Lol oh my I'm confused not sure what you mean?

Why don't I hold his comment "why not us" against him?

Because you guys already thrashed him.. lol

LTH
I didn't thrash. I can see where my comment might've been confusing. I meant to say
Why not us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think if Geno can take it up a slight notch we may be golden.
I’m not taking away anything from his year last year which was better than I expected.

That and avoiding major injuries as a team.
I think next year will be the year.

GemCity

Reaction score
Optimistically, I want to say we have a shot. This team is becoming a real threat due to some very solid drafting by PC and JS.
We have some of the best position groups in the league. DBs, WRs, RBs…and you’ve got to give Geno credit.

Bear with me…on paper, our D-line doesn’t scream SUPERBOWL. But, I think (hope) that we’ve got some guys that are going to get it going. I’m optimistic on how they’re going to perform and feel like we’ve found some diamonds in the rough up front.

Even still, I don’t think we’ll benefit much by playing it as safe as we have in the past on O. I’m hoping Pete unleashes the arsenal on O because Sheeshus H we’re talented. Take some pressure off the defensive line because our DB group is going to be talented enough to hold off consecutive 20 yard passes when it’s the 4th quarter, they have the ball, and are taking chunk after chunk away.

Play to win. Don’t play to not lose. Those statements sound as if they have the same meaning but, they don’t. Get the lead. Expand the lead. 4th and 1 in opponent’s territory, let’s go for it Pete.

We’re too damn stacked on offense to not be in the Top 5 on that side of the ball. It’s a philosophical shift..far off the Legion of Boom days.

I think our defense is going to be way better than years past. But, that’s not saying a lot as we were ranked pretty damn low last season.

If we crack the top 15 on D…and we let our offense loose….start saving for them SB tickets.