Why Not Us?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's just shocking to me how people have turned so much on Russ. I get it, I enjoyed beating him last year like the rest of you, but now that we've got our draft picks, I'm back to sort of rooting for the guy. He's basically the same guy that won a ton of games for 10 years and was the best QB in team history.

"Why not us" is an exercise in visualization and belief and it works. You can call it a cliche if you want, but maybe you should try it some time.

LTH

Reaction score
I didn't thrash. I can see where my comment might've been confusing. I meant to say
Why not us.
I thought it was all in fun anyways I said trashed but I meant that in an over exaggerated way... got to give the Godfather of .net some heat everyone in a while...I'm sure he appreciates that lol

GGotskill

Reaction score
It's just shocking to me how people have turned so much on Russ. I get it, I enjoyed beating him last year like the rest of you, but now that we've got our draft picks, I'm back to sort of rooting for the guy. He's basically the same guy that won a ton of games for 10 years and was the best QB in team history.

"Why not us" is an exercise in visualization and belief and it works. You can call it a cliche if you want, but maybe you should try it some time.

We still have interest in them losing, we have their third round draft pick.

NoGain

Reaction score
It's all about the D this year to me. We've got to tackle better, stop getting gashed on the run, and get better pressure on the QB. Basic stuff. If we can be an above average D this year, I like our chances. I don't want Geno to have to play hero-ball, at least not often. I'm high on our offense as long as our D isn't on the field for inordinate amounts of time.

I agree with others that this year does have a hopeful vibe going into it like 2012.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'm not convinced the run D is fixed. Like at all. Until that's fixed, like vastly improved, we might not even sniff the playoffs. I see no depth on the Dline. Were still a year or two out. Love the direction were going.

RiverDog

Reaction score

Boy, you're reading a lot into such a short comment/question. You can call it what you want, but I call it a corny cliche, an unoriginal expression that Russell overused. That doesn't mean that I'm not recognizing the fact that he won a ton of game for us, including our only Lombardi, and that he is the best QB in franchise history.

Sorry to divert the thread. That's all I'll have to say about Russell in this venue.

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I've been reviewing the 2013 Seahawk roster (https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/seattle-seahawks/roster/2013?sort=pos). The "depth gap" between starters and backups was smaller. This made for easier rotations among players and being able to run similar plays. This resulted in players staying fresh. Which meant a stronger overall team. For example, Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner were the starting CBs. Walter Thurmond and Byron Maxwell Backing them up but could be starters in their own right. Then they had Jeremy Lane who was a integral part of the secondary the following season.

I'm seeing some similarities in some of the positions on this years team. Especially in the secondary. But at other positions too like WR, TE, RB. I'm not saying the depth gap is equal to what they had in 2013. But it's closer to that than what they had in the past few seasons.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
"Why not us" suggests we are not legit. It is like saying "I have my doubts, but you never know, we could get lucky." Like any given Sunday garbage.

I'd prefer my QB coming up with something equivalent to "We're number one." or "we will destroy the competition".

RiverDog

Reaction score
As far as our D goes, I'm completely neutral about it. I want to see how we perform against another team's first stringers in games that actually matter. I'm very gun-shy when it comes to preseason games and all the hype from Pete and the beat reporters.

chris98251

Reaction score
"Why not us" suggests we are not legit. It is like saying "I have my doubts, but you never know, we could get lucky." Like any given Sunday garbage.

I'd prefer my QB coming up with something equivalent to "We're number one." or "we will destroy the competition".
Or we want the ball we're going to score, loved that moxie and it was there except a bad route ran.

audioeffects

Reaction score
Underrated Seahawks play Seahawks football. Did wonders for them last year. Add to that confidence and swagger and there’s a glorious blue and green cocktail to erupt all over the 2023 NFC West.

LTH

Reaction score
I don't mind the why not us thing... but I still have bad feelings toward Russ and it was Sando's article that made me pissed...it just showed who he is...

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score

SmokinHawk

Reaction score

He fell in love with his own legend and started acting like a complete narcissist. The guy hired a PR firm and tried to mount a coup d'etat in the C-Suite. He deserves to be dragged relentlessly.