CM over Turbin

justafan

Reaction score
Not all backs will or can do the things needed to be the 3rd down back.I doubt he will beat out Turbin for that role but he will get more carries I think.
I think kearlys right.He would beat out Turbin for the starting role but not 3rd down back.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Don't care about RT or CM filling in as needed. I like them both just fine. Just keep Lynch on the field.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":1dbhq6n3 said:
DavidSeven":1dbhq6n3 said:
On more than one occasion, Tom Cable has said Turbin has outplayed Michael this off-season. We'll see how they look when the pads are on.

And that doesn't frighten me the way it does others. I'd love to see Turbo get some more reps before writing him off. I said last year I would have him running every day in ankle deep sand. I hope he's done that. He can sledfoot at times, which causes balance issues, which leads to being easily removed from his feet. But improve that area and we have a back with decent speed, capable of running with power, that can block and never drops the rock. I personally like the guy and hope for his success on this team.

totally agree. I actually pull for Turbin as so many on this site are down on him.

I think it would be sick if the OL managed to run block well enough to see 15 carries a game from Marshawn, 5 from CMike and 5 from Turbo. We'd be beating teams up and killing them over the top.

Hell, throw a few carries in for Harvin while we're at it.

mrblitz

Reaction score
ware is the guy who is going to consistently get 4-5 yards, and run for that average. michael is a big-play threat, but maybe not as much of a lunchpail type. turbin would be better if the refs would decide not to call back 'every one' of his double-digit gainers. plus there's the tolbert-esque rookie and the 2nd year guy out of ucla.

sutz

Reaction score
I thought they backed off a bit on the RBBC comment and said that really only applied to off-season work and TC?

Love the comments here, though. TC is shaping up as a good battle among the RB/FB prospects this pre-season. If the O-line improves, and I think it will, our offense will be in good shape.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I specifically remember Pete saying that Michael was the Most improved player on the team this year. someone smarter then me can dig that up and find it, I think its still on the .com site. so... if cable in fact said turbin was.. then Cable is full of crap. or Pete and cable don't value the same things.. and since cable failed as a HC, my money is on what Pete said.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":bva3ttuv said:
Turbin has the most horrible luck. EVERYTIME he busted out a long run (Saints, Superbowl) the offense was called for holding. Word is he is even faster this year. I don't think the backup job is going to be handed to CM.
I don't see Pete just handing the job to Turbin either.
I think Pete wanted to give Turbin a real chance to prove his value, and gave him a lot more touches last Season, as he was drafted a Year ahead of CM.
Could be he might do the same with C. Michaels this Year to see how the competition shakes out.
From the small samplings we've seen of Michaels, he does show flashes of get after it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Though it should be noted that Turbin is good protection for Wilson, because he seems to do a good job of being a dump off receiving threat.

It gives Wilson one more option to get rid of the ball and get a positive gain.

Also, Turbin does not seem to put the ball on the ground and he gets positive yards. Those are both very valuable for the type of football this team plays.

I admit to not being blown away by Turbin's ability. But I will also admit that he does a good job of doing some of the thankless work that this team requires to keep the sticks moving.

The Radish

Reaction score
I too thought that Micheals put the ball on the ground a bit much last year.

I'm willing to wait and see what happens in training camp.

:les:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
well one thing is CERTAIN.. they will make the BEST decision. its what they been doing since day one in this era.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Radish":3cfv4gjx said:
I too thought that Micheals put the ball on the ground a bit much last year.

I'm willing to wait and see what happens in training camp.

:les:

When did Michael fumble? Nfl.com credits him with no fumbles preseason or regular season.

Turbine however did fumble last year on a kickoff return, and had another that was to close for comfort.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Crissy has an injury history that I'm not comfortable with. I gotta see him be durable before I am comfortable passing him the torch.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":290r4jwx said:
I specifically remember Pete saying that Michael was the Most improved player on the team this year. someone smarter then me can dig that up and find it, I think its still on the .com site. so... if cable in fact said turbin was.. then Cable is full of crap. or Pete and cable don't value the same things.. and since cable failed as a HC, my money is on what Pete said.
Cable was fired by Al Davis, that doesn't necessarily qualify as failing. Besides, his team kicked the ever lovin' crap out of our team when he was on the opposite sideline from Carroll.

To your point, rather than concluding either one is full of crap, I'd wait to see who actually said what, in which context.