Coach

bluedog62

Reaction score
The problem in Seattle are the coaches. I have watched the Hawks play since they came into the NFL, This is the worst team I have seen in 30 years.
We should be 0-and 3, got lucky in the first two games, luck ran out last Sunday.
The OC and DC are bad. Pete is stuck in football of the past, while the NFL has moved on, and he refuses to change.
Why would you pay Wilson all that money and then not use him to his strengths. That is nuts.
As long as we keep Pete and this coaching stall the Hawks are going struggle year after year like we have the last three. Don't tell me about last year when we made the playoffs, we got kicked out first game. It is not about making the playoffs, it is about making a run in the playoffs. My prediction for this season 10and6.
Let the thinking I am crazy begin.

rcaido

Reaction score
Worst Seahawk team you ever seen and you have them 10-6?

Washington49er

Reaction score
bluedog62":646lvoo4 said:
The problem in Seattle are the coaches. I have watched the Hawks play since they came into the NFL, This is the worst team I have seen in 30 years.
We should be 0-and 3, got lucky in the first two games, luck ran out last Sunday.
The OC and DC are bad. Pete is stuck in football of the past, while the NFL has moved on, and he refuses to change.
Why would you pay Wilson all that money and then not use him to his strengths. That is nuts.
As long as we keep Pete and this coaching stall the Hawks are going struggle year after year like we have the last three. Don't tell me about last year when we made the playoffs, we got kicked out first game. It is not about making the playoffs, it is about making a run in the playoffs. My prediction for this season 10and6.

Yep you crazy. I'm not even a Hawk fan and I can think of worse teams in last 30 years.

How about 2008-11?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This can't be an actual serious post. The worst team in 30 years???? Coming off another playoff season and sitting at 2-1, with Russ under center and all the talent on both sides of the ball? The year before I finally got Season tickets (1992) they were 2-14. No, THAT was one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. :roll:
The Mora(n) team was horrific. In 93 and 94, they were 6-10, same in 2000.
How in the world is this team the worst???? This team would absolutely Slaughter those teams.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Are you sure you saw them every year?
whatcha been smoking?

xray

Reaction score
This is far from the worse team in Hawks history . I saw them all since 1976 . Other than Wilson and a few others ; the Hawks are playing like a 6-10 team right now . IMO...game day coaching is hurting this team more than lack of talent . Carroll's got 2 more years on his contract. Learn to live with that :!:

ivotuk

Reaction score
xray":3c4pjus8 said:
This is far from the worse team in Hawks history . I saw them all since 1976 . Other than Wilson and a few others ; the Hawks are playing like a 6-10 team right now . IMO...game day coaching is hurting this team more than lack of talent . Carroll's got 2 more years on his contract. Learn to live with that :!:

xray, callin' like he sees it! LOL :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bluedog62":26uf2eqq said:

You must be a new fan. "Struggling" is not going 10-6 and making a playoffs. Struggling is going 2-14 and your owner tries to move your team to California.

Perspective, what it be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, I love how spoiled we have gotten here in Seattle. A 9 win season that ends in missing the playoffs is considered a brutal season these days. That's a good thing. 10 wins or more is the expectation, and that's also a good thing. Maybe not the expectation of all the fans, but I would bet it is to the coaches and players.

Chawker

Reaction score
bluedog62":37rq5vo5 said:

Normally I'd be welcoming to dot net and say good post, but you don't fit the mold of a 12 with a statement like this. It is apparent to me that you are hear to stir up some trouble to make yourself feel good. And this statement is proof you don't know OUR Seahawks.

I'm not sure us 12's want you around any longer, in fact a opening statement like that should bring a swift and lasting ban on you from the administrators. Justly ! Have a nice day. ;)

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Got to love these bandwagon fans who declare 2-1 a lost season and before any of you tell me I'm being harsh. If he would have been here for Holmgren's last year/Mora's only year he wouldn't have made such an overreaction post.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Not to stick up for the 1992 Seahawks too hard but that was a really terrific defense. Monstrous DLine, strong LB group, and really good secondary. The starters had 39 sacks that year and Robinson had 18 INTs in two seasons ('92-'93). A ton of our points allowed that season were either due to turnovers or offensive ineptitude.

We also should have had a good running game on paper with Chris Warren running behind John Williams. Our passing offense was just that historically inept. We had two separate losses where we only achieved 24 total passing yards.

Interesting, one of our lone wins that season was against Hugh Millen in New England.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Be very careful.

You may feel that Carroll is not doing a great job with some of the great players he has. But remember, many of those great players are here because of Carroll.

Remember George Karl?

People were so upset because Karl was not doing well in the playoffs. We solved that problem by getting rid of Karl and bringing in Westphal (or however you spell it). He helped us with messing up in the playoffs by just missing the playoffs entirely. Just a worthless coach, but we brought him in because we were tired of Karl's 'failures'.

He was so much worse.

When we get rid of Carroll, we have a much better chance of getting another Westphal than we do a MacMillan. Other words, you might be frustrated occasionally but when we do lose Carroll it will get so much worse.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":10cmifki said:
Be very careful.

You may feel that Carroll is not doing a great job with some of the great players he has. But remember, many of those great players are here because of Carroll.

Remember George Karl?

People were so upset because Karl was not doing well in the playoffs. We solved that problem by getting rid of Karl and bringing in Westphal (or however you spell it). He helped us with messing up in the playoffs by just missing the playoffs entirely. Just a worthless coach, but we brought him in because we were tired of Karl's 'failures'.

He was so much worse.

When we get rid of Carroll, we have a much better chance of getting another Westphal than we do a MacMillan. Other words, you might be frustrated occasionally but when we do lose Carroll it will get so much worse.

Interesting take and so true, people got tired of Karl's 55-60 win seasons with no ring. I think you take the good with the bad with Pete you will lose some games you should win and you'll win some games you're a heavy underdog (KC last year).

Latest posts