Colin Cowherd: Daniel Jones will dominate Geno Smith

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
You didn't watch it apparently.
He said he’s taking the Giants in a fascinating game. I watched it yesterday on IHeart radio at the office. Had absolutely nothing to do with my post

Ozzy

Reaction score
He said he’s taking the Giants in a fascinating game. I watched it yesterday on IHeart radio at the office
Fair enough. There are some odd responses acting as if he shit on the Seahawks when most of the video was him praising Pete and the team. I think its reasonable to take the Giants in this game, they've been more consistent. I'm taking the Seahawks because I think/hope the defensive changes are for real. I can see why someone else would be skeptical about that.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Fair enough. There are some odd responses acting as if he shit on the Seahawks when most of the video was him praising Pete and the team. I think its reasonable to take the Giants in this game, they've been more consistent. I'm taking the Seahawks because I think/hope the defensive changes are for real. I can see why someone else would be skeptical about that.
The thing with Cowherd is his analytics go out the window when picking games. I used to like him back when he wasn’t so harsh towards Pete Carroll. Yeah the Giants will be a tough game but I think we’re looking at this game as a potential conference playoff tie breaker if it comes down to it. Undefeated against the AFC but we need this game

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The thing with Cowherd is his analytics go out the window when picking games. I used to like him back when he wasn’t so harsh towards Pete Carroll. Yeah the Giants will be a tough game but I think we’re looking at this game as a potential conference playoff tie breaker if it comes down to it. Undefeated against the AFC but we need this game
Pretty sure Cowherd has partnerships with some Vegas betting companies and gets his picks/info from them.

I've heard similar that he has shared business interests in Russell Wilsons PR company hence going all in on being pro Russ for several years.

I don't mind Cowherd. He's right on quite a lot of things. I do think he is too LA biased. Sucks up way to much to the Rams and USC and some of his talk about the city of Seattle seems outdated and more in line with the Seattle/Washington he grew up in. Especially the stuff about stars not wanting to stay in Seattle recently.

I actually thought he was pretty complimentary to the Seahawks in that video. I still think the Seahawks are a work in progress and likely a year or 2 away from contending but if they do beat the Giants it's a good statement. I'd also agree that Geno Smith isn't likely getting paid elsewhere. I think Smith has been great but the o-line and Waldron have also equally been as good.

Jac

Reaction score
I think it would be an interesting scientific experiment to post a video with a caption that had nothing to do with the video in order to see how many people actually watch the video. Oh...wait...silly me....we already have that right here.
It's so pervasive now. Here's one I just saw that says "Ryan Clark believes Daniel Jones will lead Giants to defeat Seahawks Week 8". Ryan Clark isn't even in the 10-minute video. I don't know if it's bad cutting/posting or if it's totally fabricated for views.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
It's so pervasive now. Here's one I just saw that says "Ryan Clark believes Daniel Jones will lead Giants to defeat Seahawks Week 8". Ryan Clark isn't even in the 10-minute video. I don't know if it's bad cutting/posting or if it's totally fabricated for views.

That channel does it all the time. They have thumbnails with people who aren't even in the video on multiple uploads. Skip Bayless, Stephan A Smith ect. Most of the time is just some arbitrary talking head who's there discussing the topic.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Pretty sure Cowherd has partnerships with some Vegas betting companies and gets his picks/info from them.

I've heard similar that he has shared business interests in Russell Wilsons PR company hence going all in on being pro Russ for several years.

I don't mind Cowherd. He's right on quite a lot of things. I do think he is too LA biased. Sucks up way to much to the Rams and USC and some of his talk about the city of Seattle seems outdated and more in line with the Seattle/Washington he grew up in. Especially the stuff about stars not wanting to stay in Seattle recently.

I actually thought he was pretty complimentary to the Seahawks in that video. I still think the Seahawks are a work in progress and likely a year or 2 away from contending but if they do beat the Giants it's a good statement. I'd also agree that Geno Smith isn't likely getting paid elsewhere. I think Smith has been great but the o-line and Waldron have also equally been as good.
Yeah. He grew up not too far from me. I went to high school in Mason county he grew up in Westport, we both graduated in the 80’s. Even his latest take he places blame on Nathaniel Hackett who balled out at OC with Rodgers. I just don’t get it. I know he’s harder on his hometown team but the coach blaming is getting ridiculous when he defends Wilson