Colts vs. Broncos

taco40

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":281iisxe said:
I didnt think the Ducks were playing until tmw ... then I saw Manning try to throw multiple deep balls ...

Those Ducks weren't particularly close, though.

Go Ducks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not only is his arm strength weak, which we already knew. But where is the classic Peyton? The Peyton that picks apart defenses and audibles to advantageous matchups? They Peyton that hits his 2nd or 3rd read?

The Peyton I'm watching is throwing to his first read regardless of coverage. I've already seen at least 2 or 3 times him throwing at double coverage with a safety over the top.

chris98251

Reaction score
taco40":2qa4s6d8 said:
chris98251":2qa4s6d8 said:
taco40":2qa4s6d8 said:
Smellyman":2qa4s6d8 said:
His arm looks old and weak.
Looks like it's time to draft a QB, Denver.

I'll bet they fire Fox before they let Manning go.

Explain, please. I think I agree, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Because of his status as a legend, because Elway played well into his career and sympathizes with Manning wanting another Ring, because the nature of the business, most players of a Mannings stature will get a coach fired before an organization gets rid of a player.

Oh and Manning puts butts in seats, Fox does not.

OP
OP
mbtitleist

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Luck goes deep and throws an interception. It's not necessarily the worst play considering the Colts would have been punting from deep in their own territory, but the Broncos have the ball at midfield now with two timeouts.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
russell would never throw a ball like that . luck is so overatted

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This is why Luck should never be considered superior to Wilson. you can bank on an ill timed pick or 3.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't like the "it's basically a punt" rationale. No, you forfeit a down. 3rd and long isn't impossible to convert, and you never want to get the opposing D going on takeaways. Bad, bad throw IMO.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
All those deep balls have no chance ... so many horrible throws. Gonna get picked in 2nd half.

ivotuk

Reaction score
OMFG these announcers are idiots!

"Its like a 39 yard punt."

No it's not! A punt comes on 4th down and you can waste a lot of clock time! That INT saved time on the clock and is great field position!

Jimmy Johnson had a stat yesterday that showed how much more an INT increases your chances of scoring a TD as opposed to a punt.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2prwgvht said:
I don't like the "it's basically a punt" rationale. No, you forfeit a down. 3rd and long isn't impossible to convert, and you never want to get the opposing D going on takeaways. Bad, bad throw IMO.
It was third down when he threw it.

Mojambo

Reaction score
If Andrew Luck were 4 inches shorter, he wouldn't throw interceptions like that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":va7cp8i1 said:
DavidSeven":va7cp8i1 said:
It was third down when he threw it.

I think he realized that, just want clear when expressing it. You don't risk an INT on third down while reasoning that is the same thing as a punt.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
the hawks closed denvers window to get peyton another ring last year. he looks old right now.