Common theme on every Lions forum rn????

GemCity

Reaction score
It's pretty clear that many would rather complain about who the Hawks didn't take, instead of just pulling for the guy they DID take.
That’s the biggest thing.

Gotta root for our guy.

If Carter ends up in the HOF, good on him. But, we weren’t the only team worried about him. And after a dose of picks like McDowell and Collier, I can’t say I blame them for passing him up.

Personally, I wanted them to make a run at AR. But now that we have Spoon, I’m 100 percent behind our rook!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And none of us will ever know. But if Richardson somehow fell to 5, I'm not convinced the Hawks would have passed on him. Total guess of course.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I have pointed these things out, the posters will ignore it to support their stance. I have also pointed out that seeing friends die like that changes a person in almost every instance, which they also ignore.
What a great point! Carter still has this on his conscience, no doubt, a moment of playful innocence turned tragic. Such things DO change people. (Assuming Carter HAS a conscience and isn't a Narcissist + Psychopath) Many athletes have gotten serious after losing a loved one, even a friend, and approached things with a new dedication and effort afterwards to honor the memory of the one they lost*. We just don't know how Carter will respond, or if a positive change in approach will be a permanent one or fizzle and go back to business as usual. So you're saying there's a chance? (Jim Carrey Dumb and Dumber animated GIF omitted)

* We can even put one Russell Carrington Wilson in this category after losing his father too soon

ivotuk

Reaction score
Let's be clear. Henry Ruggs had a BAC twice the legal limit when his accident happened. Jalen Carter wasn't intoxicated. The reckless driving occurred in moments; we know this from the pieced-together security footage: one car sped away, the other tried to pass them, and within thirty-sixty seconds, the accident occurred. Similarly, the driver was drunk and wasn't wearing a seatbelt. So, is he really Henry Ruggs the 2nd?

Jalen Carter did not speed away to cover his ass. That's patently false. We know that from the 911 call immediately after the crash. He eventually left, by the urging from someone at the scene (also in the 911 call), but came back to answer questions when contacted. It's worth mentioning that there was absolutely nothing he could have done to change the situation.
You've missed the point.

Henry Ruggs seemed like a good bet when he was drafted. He'd never been involved in anything like what Jalen had been involved in. Henry's troubles started when he got a huge paycheck.

What happens when Jalen gets enabled with millions and the hangers on starting showing up for a party? He had NIL money sure, but that's not the millions he gets in the NFL. Give him time, he will show his true colors, and I'll be thankful that he's not a Seahawk when he does. The same way I was thankful that Ruggs was not a Seahawk when he committed vehicular manslaughter.