Congrats Cowpoke fans lurking

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":q9j8nksy said:
Murray is a very good back, but that O line... wowzers. shades of the early 90's Cowboy O-line. Just dominant.
Yeah...I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but you can't go wrong drafting O-line high every year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":blub9a3b said:
CANHawk":blub9a3b said:
Murray is a very good back, but that O line... wowzers. shades of the early 90's Cowboy O-line. Just dominant.
Yeah...I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but you can't go wrong drafting O-line high every year.
What's your definition of high? 1st round? 2nd round? What position are we focusing on? Because LT almost always requires a top 10 pick, Center usually 1st round, Guards can be gotten anywhere in the draft or possibly the street (Sweezy) RT mostly anywhere in the draft.

Where the Seahawks issue is isn't going to be cured by wasting high value picks on OL every year because it's all about the type of OL we keep drafting. If you want a line that can actually pass block then you need to actually draft for that type of lineman like New Orleans did (Huge guys with backwards mobility in the middle that create a nice clean pocket for their short quarterback that depends on sight lines and passing lanes).

There is no excuse for not doing something along those lines given Wilson has already proven he can play and excel behind a line that is as big or bigger then most NFL lines in Wisconsin.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1iy35e1c said:
RolandDeschain":1iy35e1c said:
CANHawk":1iy35e1c said:
What's your definition of high? 1st round? 2nd round? What position are we focusing on? Because LT almost always requires a top 10 pick, Center usually 1st round, Guards can be gotten anywhere in the draft or possibly the street (Sweezy) RT mostly anywhere in the draft.

Where the Seahawks issue is isn't going to be cured by wasting high value picks on OL every year because it's all about the type of OL we keep drafting. If you want a line that can actually pass block then you need to actually draft for that type of lineman like New Orleans did (Huge guys with backwards mobility in the middle that create a nice clean pocket for their short quarterback that depends on sight lines and passing lanes).

There is no excuse for not doing something along those lines given Wilson has already proven he can play and excel behind a line that is as big or bigger then most NFL lines in Wisconsin.

Well both Niners and Cowboys have had a lot of success taking 3 O-Linemen each in the 1st round.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":eg7aipj8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":eg7aipj8 said:
RolandDeschain":eg7aipj8 said:
CANHawk":eg7aipj8 said:

Well both Niners and Cowboys have had a lot of success taking 3 O-Linemen each in the 1st round.
At a time when both teams were utter trash and had higher picks then what Seattle has been having in the same time period (last 10+ years) it makes a difference. But the real difference is in the type of lineman that they are drafting not where or at what frequency they're being drafted at.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
First two rounds is what I had in mind. I'd also not be averse AT ALL to seeing us trade up into the earlier part of the first round to get a great tackle.

That epic O-line Dallas had in the 90s had zero first-round picks, by the way...Not that it's easy to build a great O-line; don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say. What I'm saying is, we really need to focus more heavily on our O-line in a big way. I've been saying it for years. I'd seriously be happy if we drafted only O-line in the first round for the next three drafts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3gzkuex1 said:
First two rounds is what I had in mind. I'd also not be averse AT ALL to seeing us trade up into the earlier part of the first round to get a great tackle.

That epic O-line Dallas had in the 90s had zero first-round picks, by the way...Not that it's easy to build a great O-line; don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say. What I'm saying is, we really need to focus more heavily on our O-line in a big way. I've been saying it for years. I'd seriously be happy if we drafted only O-line in the first round for the next three drafts.
That I agree with and it will become even more important as Lynch declines. Also if we do give Wilson his 22M/year then its a must that we not only focus on the OL but draft a different style of player for that OL. I can't say this enough. If you have decided you have a franchise level quarterback then you MUST build a line that can pass block end of story.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":wv0vbwfh said:
Marvin49":wv0vbwfh said:
MizzouHawkGal":wv0vbwfh said:
RolandDeschain":wv0vbwfh said:

At a time when both teams were utter trash and had higher picks then what Seattle has been having in the same time period (last 10+ years) it makes a difference. But the real difference is in the type of lineman that they are drafting not where or at what frequency they're being drafted at.

Absolutely...but taking them high gives you the pick of the litter. Being a first rounder of course doesn't guarantee anything, but usually 1st round linemen are projected in that round for a reason. Especially centers and guards. Tackles always go high.

byau

Reaction score
I'm still thinking about it now too.

Cowboys definitely deserve all the credit. No excuses because the Seahawks had many chances to win and the Cowboys never let up.

The beginning of the game almost felt like SB48, but the Cowboys continued to battle and not give up.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":12atblrk said:
RolandDeschain":12atblrk said:

That I agree with and it will become even more important as Lynch declines. Also if we do give Wilson his 22M/year then its a must that we not only focus on the OL but draft a different style of player for that OL. I can't say this enough. If you have decided you have a franchise level quarterback then you MUST build a line that can pass block end of story.

Okung - 2010 1st Round 6th
Carpentar - 2011 1st Round 25th
Unger - 2009 2nd Round 49th
Sweezy - 2012 7th Round 225th
Britt - 2014 2nd Round 64th