Congratulations to the rams on their Super Bowl victory!!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1xvzpbo0 said:
candyman4881":1xvzpbo0 said:
Rams fan here - even though the Rams are now 7-8, reasons I will celebrate today:

- First win in Seattle since the 2004 playoffs
- First sweep of Seahawks in a very long time
- Seahawks were the NFC Champions last year
- Rams have a chance to go to 5-1 in the division next week
- Rams were 13.5 point underdogs

I'm not here to gloat, just stating why this was a big win today for fans of the Rams

Big win? Celebrate?

Nothing personal about your post, it was fine, however you guys are staying home once again, despite having more first round picks on your D LINE than our whole team combined.

Doing less with more, that's the Rams way.

Celebrate your meaningless win with your classless coach all you want. The big boy teams wait and celebrate wins that actually count.

Yea we underachieved. We also just won with a non-starting caliber QB.

The reasons that Candyman provided are why I too was celebrating this win. Only 12 teams make the playoffs, which means 20 fanbases end up unhappy every year, with 11 more shortly to follow.

Is it a better feeling to make the playoffs and lose? Despite the recent success of the Seahawks, we ALL know how it feels to lose in the playoffs. And we all know it sucks not to make the playoffs.

Regular season games can be big wins. This was a huge win for the Rams. And it's actually one that could cost Seattle if they lose in the first round.

So why try to downplay it? Why point out that we're staying home once again? Seems to me that is just sour grapes....no fan likes their team to lose. Especially at home to a division rival, in a game they were supposed to win. Nothing wrong with saying your team got outplayed though.

The big boy teams wait and celebrate wins that actually count....is that supposed to be offensive some how? Seattle has been better than us for years. Nobody on our roster has any playoff experience, of course they were going to celebrate this win. Throwing it aside and saying "oh well you'll be at home" is just weak IMO. Fans are still going to be happy about wins. It's why NFL games are played....there's only 16 - they all mean something.

Torc

Reaction score
I'll trade the loss that doesn't impact much (the preferable seeding is debatable) for the memory and videos of the Rams punter thinking he can get in Avril's grill. I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard during a game, especially a loss.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
AZ_fan":urdfh6jy said:
Hawkpower":urdfh6jy said:
Nice win today, but taking anything concrete away from this week is no different than the AZ fans who bristled when some hawk fans got all excited seeing you limp through your Minnesota game days after we blasted their doors off.

Only inexperienced fans read too much into one week or another. Feel free to be that fan if you want, just be prepared to potentially be disappointed down the road.

Roger that... and thanks.

Rob12":urdfh6jy said:
AZ_fan":urdfh6jy said:
Where were you last year? Or the year before? The Cardinals wrap the division up and you show up here and start flapping your gums? You're weak. I respect ringless. He's been here a bit and taken his lumps. You, on the other hand? Garbage.

For the record I took a job in Seattle in October and moved here. After being flooded with all the local Seahawks chatter I registered early December after checking out a few of the forums and deciding that this one looked the most legit. I mentioned that in one of my original posts.

What does that have to do with anything? If I had registered in October you'd accuse me of trolling your 2-4 Seahawks. If I waited till the playoffs you'd accuse me of something else... I registered when I did and I'm accused of waiting till we clinched...

You wanna know the real reason I waited? Because I wanted us to have something to talk about.

2013 we missed the playoffs at 10-6.
2014 our season was over in week 10.

Why register then? What would there be to talk about? The same thing I'm hearing now? "We beat you twice (with your 3rd string QB) you suck."

Oh... and you can bet the farm that if Arizona loses in the playoffs I WILL BE HERE TO TAKE MY LUMPS.

"Garbage?"

Get over yourself.

Nobody cares. Run along now.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":i2flqf34 said:
HawkNuts":i2flqf34 said:
Nobody cares. Run along now.

I agree.

Your team has had 3 straight years of putting up 10+ wins. We've almost had the same success as well except we made it to the dance 2 years running. You better close the deal this year brother, this is your chance. You don't have a 27 year old QB.. We will be making a run at this for another 6-7 years at least.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Also, Ram Fans.. One day! One day you might sniff the playoffs again.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":qb4b8ja8 said:
Your team has had 3 straight years of putting up 10+ wins. We've almost had the same success as well except we made it to the dance 2 years running. You better close the deal this year brother, this is your chance. You don't have a 27 year old QB.. We will be making a run at this for another 6-7 years at least.

You are 100% right. 2013 was a year in which it took 11-5 to get a WC... 10-6 didn't cut it. 2014 the 9-1 season was derailed by an ACL injury to the QB.

The time is now.

All it takes is 1 Lombardi right?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Hawks have been the class of the NFL for the past two years, and after looking like just another team for the first 10 weeks this season for the five weeks before this game they became national media darlings and favorites to outclass everyone again.

The Rams outclassed them in every facet of the game, and with the Hawks at home too.

Remember a few years ago when the Seahawks still hadn't done anything of note and they beat up on the 9ers in a late regular season game and Hawks fans spent the next 12 months proud as peacocks while chanting 42-13?

This is that on a smaller scale, and 9ers fans of course had the exact same sour grapes about this being the Hawks' "Super Bowl"

Nothing really surprising about it, IMO. Players feel slighted by general NFL fans and the media all the time. When they convincingly outplay a team they're not supposed to even be able to beat they're always extra excited about it.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1ztdpwfa said:
ApnaHawk":1ztdpwfa said:

You are 100% right. 2013 was a year in which it took 11-5 to get a WC... 10-6 didn't cut it. 2014 the 9-1 season was derailed by an ACL injury to the QB.

The time is now.

All it takes is 1 Lombardi right?

After growing up watching the Hawks play, that 1 trophy made all the misery and pain worth it. The constant heart break. SuperBowl XL. Man, it felt great that day. The way we won too, my god. That was the year the best team in the NFL won and with a damn statement.

I'll never forget that day and that feeling.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2t9roltf said:
After growing up watching the Hawks play, that 1 trophy made all the misery and pain worth it. The constant heart break. SuperBowl XL. Man, it felt great that day. The way we won too, my god. That was the year the best team in the NFL won and with a damn statement.

I'll never forget that day and that feeling.

Absolutely. This is exactly how I felt about the 9ers season in '89. They went 14-2, and won their three playoff games by the scores of 41-13, 30-3, and 55-10 (the SB).

It's why when Hawks fans talked about how that (and the 9ers other SBs) didn't matter anymore b/c they were too old I always crinkled my nose.

Hawks fans are never, and should never, forget that whipping they put on the Broncs, just like 9ers fans will never and should never forget their own whipping of the Broncs in '89.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
They won. They outplayed us. Just shut up about it. Resentment is a fool's endeavour.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":86clch94 said:

No doubt about it. Things come and go....one day the Seahawks won't make the playoffs. Four years in a row is a nice stretch....one more and you'll match the most in your franchises history.

Three more after that and you'll match the most in Rams and Niners history ;)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Rams haven't won here since 2004.

I don't believe there is anyone on their roster who was with the 2004 team. Is that right? None of their players have EVER won here until yesterday, crazy to think about.

So think about a guy like Chris Long, has been with the Rams 8 years and got his first win in Seattle yesterday?!!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":3peo21dk said:
Both the cards and Rams came here and won and literally acted like it was the biggest win of their lives

Maybe if we acted like it was the biggest games of our lives, we'd have won.

This is the NFL, ever game means a lot. So to act like it meant more to the other teams.............in our house........with US having more to play for? That's not a rank on them my friend, it's an indictment on us.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1wi6f2jg said:
ApnaHawk":1wi6f2jg said:

No doubt about it. Things come and go....one day the Seahawks won't make the playoffs. Four years in a row is a nice stretch....one more and you'll match the most in your franchises history.

Three more after that and you'll match the most in Rams and Niners history ;)

Hmmm, I'm quite sure we have only missed the playoffs 4 times in over 10 years. When was the last time you were in the playoffs? Ever since we've been in the west, do you know who has the most division titles/superbowl appearances? And superbowl title?

Not the Rams.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1sy83ekm said:
The Hawks have been the class of the NFL for the past two years, and after looking like just another team for the first 10 weeks this season for the five weeks before this game they became national media darlings and favorites to outclass everyone again.

The Rams outclassed them in every facet of the game, and with the Hawks at home too.

Remember a few years ago when the Seahawks still hadn't done anything of note and they beat up on the 9ers in a late regular season game and Hawks fans spent the next 12 months proud as peacocks while chanting 42-13?

This is that on a smaller scale, and 9ers fans of course had the exact same sour grapes about this being the Hawks' "Super Bowl"

Nothing really surprising about it, IMO. Players feel slighted by general NFL fans and the media all the time. When they convincingly outplay a team they're not supposed to even be able to beat they're always extra excited about it.

Bro, that year we went to the playoffs. With a FUTURE HOF QB. HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Difference. Please don't compare. That's just absurd to the 100th power.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Said it was on a smaller scale, which you may have missed.

And anyway, let's be honest: If at the time Hawks fans knew their team would be winning its first Super Bowl the following year they probably wouldn't have been as excited over an ultimately pretty meaningless regular season win over a team that at the time was the class of the division.

Trust me, if the Rams win the SB next year they'll quickly forget about this last Sunday too.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I added AZ_Fan to my ignore list. The peace is wonderful. Still wonder where they get all that time to post here.

seahawks08

Reaction score
candyman4881":1qwjvyoo said:
Rams fan here - even though the Rams are now 7-8, reasons I will celebrate today:

- First win in Seattle since the 2004 playoffs
- First sweep of Seahawks in a very long time
- Seahawks were the NFC Champions last year
- Rams have a chance to go to 5-1 in the division next week
- Rams were 13.5 point underdogs

I'm not here to gloat, just stating why this was a big win today for fans of the Rams

I have nothing against the fans, but I remember last year when the Rams played the Redskins, remember the coin toss, where they send the whole group of players who were picked for what redskins gave up for RGIII. See where the Redskins are today talking about playoffs and where the Rams are. If I were a Rams fan that would make me cringe. No offense to you my friend, I would love if every organization stayed classy. Its about respect, run an organization with class not deal with the owner who has one feet in LA already, I feel bad bad for all the lovely Rams fan friends I have. Hats off on winning yesterday, but I am glad I am not a fan of an organization which is run so poorly.