Congratulations to the rams on their Super Bowl victory!!

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Congrats to the Rams fans, I remember vividly just barely beating the Ravens in 2011, and feeling fantastic cause I knew we were getting better. Remembering where you have been, makes winning that much better.

Anytime I want to feel better about my team, I remember Stan Gelbaugh, and the 92 team. Or recievers like Keary Colbert or Billy McMullin. Or how bout the suckfest of 2011 between us, and the Browns. I remember seeing a lot of people saying when we get a ring I hope we never rub it in other fans faces. Yet here we are, two years later, and I am seeing the phrase that I used to loathe being used.

Congrats Rams fans, your team won. Go ahead and be proud, cause it means beating the Seahawks is something special, and that is something I can be proud of.

BigMeach

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3f1hh15b said:
Hawkpower":3f1hh15b said:
Nice win today, but taking anything concrete away from this week is no different than the AZ fans who bristled when some hawk fans got all excited seeing you limp through your Minnesota game days after we blasted their doors off.

Only inexperienced fans read too much into one week or another. Feel free to be that fan if you want, just be prepared to potentially be disappointed down the road.

Roger that... and thanks.

Rob12":3f1hh15b said:
AZ_fan":3f1hh15b said:
Where were you last year? Or the year before? The Cardinals wrap the division up and you show up here and start flapping your gums? You're weak. I respect ringless. He's been here a bit and taken his lumps. You, on the other hand? Garbage.

For the record I took a job in Seattle in October and moved here. After being flooded with all the local Seahawks chatter I registered early December after checking out a few of the forums and deciding that this one looked the most legit. I mentioned that in one of my original posts.

What does that have to do with anything? If I had registered in October you'd accuse me of trolling your 2-4 Seahawks. If I waited till the playoffs you'd accuse me of something else... I registered when I did and I'm accused of waiting till we clinched...

You wanna know the real reason I waited? Because I wanted us to have something to talk about.

2013 we missed the playoffs at 10-6.
2014 our season was over in week 10.

Why register then? What would there be to talk about? The same thing I'm hearing now? "We beat you twice (with your 3rd string QB) you suck."

Oh... and you can bet the farm that if Arizona loses in the playoffs I WILL BE HERE TO TAKE MY LUMPS.

"Garbage?"

Get over yourself.

Hilarious that you write up this whole reason why you just joined this forum and how it wouldn't have mattered when you joined cause you'd get flack...

Then you throw all of it aside and admit it's because your team's been horrible until now. Just lead with that next time, honesty builds character.

Btw, don't go throwing "Seahawks fans" under the bus because a few people decided to discuss Superb Owl this year. I don't discuss it and most of us understand it's a long way to the top, some fans just can't help themselves and that goes for EVERY TEAM. Including those in your fan base.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ttgrulb said:
Popeyejones":3ttgrulb said:
Hawkpower":3ttgrulb said:
I think the original point was aimed at the douche filled behavior of the rams players and coach at the end of the game.

Uh, wait a sec, what did they do?

Real question.

Did Aaron Donald call Wilson a sorry and mediocre QB?

Did Kenny Britt go on an extended rant about how the media are idiots for doubting him?

Seriously, what did they do that was so douchey?

I watched it and just saw a bunch of guys celebrating because they won a game they weren't supposed to win. What's douchey about that?

(edit: just as a point of clarification, I'm using the two examples above for rhetorical effect. I don't personally find them "douchey" and really don't care about stuff like that at all. Personally I find almost all of the obsession with "classiness" among a lot of NFL fans to be totally uninteresting and mostly just about sour grapes).

Its not about some arbitrary level of "class"

When players who have underachieved for the umpteenth year in a row win a fairly meaningless game, and start taunting anyone who is in eyeshot, it looks stupid.

No matter who does it.

No, wrong.

These players work their ass off every week to win. They had a 5 game losing streak, have won 2 games and come into Seattle as 13.5 underdogs: the WORLD is telling them they CANNOT win.

They won.

They SHOULD celebrate. YOU would too: you are a massive hypocrite and I lose all respect for you as a football fan. YOU ARE THE WORST KIND OF FAN.

hawk45

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3p02539k said:
Hawkpower":3p02539k said:
I think the original point was aimed at the douche filled behavior of the rams players and coach at the end of the game.

Uh, wait a sec, what did they do?

Real question.

Did Aaron Donald call Wilson a sorry and mediocre QB?

Did Kenny Britt go on an extended rant about how the media are idiots for doubting him?

Seriously, what did they do that was so douchey?

I watched it and just saw a bunch of guys celebrating because they won a game they weren't supposed to win. What's douchey about that?

(edit: just as a point of clarification, I'm using the two examples above for rhetorical effect. I don't personally find them "douchey" and really don't care about stuff like that at all. Personally I find almost all of the obsession with "classiness" among a lot of NFL fans to be totally uninteresting and mostly just about sour grapes).

I had these exact same thoughts.

I'm still trying to understand why Rams player celebrations after sweeping a divisional opponent should be frowned on.

It's like they are not allowed to celebrate because they haven't had recent success I guess? Because that's douchey?

For one, Seattle is the town where the baseball team is celebrated when they finish within a mile of .500.

For two perhaps our own players and coaches might have fared better if they had as much invested in the game emotionally.

It all seems 2 parts sour grapes and 1 part hypocrisy. The douchiness I see here isn't coming from the Rams players for their post game conduct.