Conspiracy Theory Explains Worst Play Call In NFL History.

Do you believe this theory posted below the poll (which insists on going first)?

• Yes

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 77 80.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

12thManNorth

Reaction score
You think that Pete Caroll and Bevell actually cared about who was going to win Super Bowl MVP more than doing what they thought was the best way to win the actual game ? What a bunch of absolute garbage. They wouldn't care if Tom Brady won the MVP in a losing cause, they just wanted that ring. Fans & media get so hung up on the BS stuff sometimes. Makes for good discussion I guess

Rat

Reaction score
12thManNorth":12kavzjp said:
You think that Pete Caroll and Bevell actually cared about who was going to win Super Bowl MVP ? What a bunch of absolute garbage.
You're absolutely right. I always forget that nobody in Seahawksland is human.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, I'm the one with the tinfoil hat in these here parts and even I am telling you the conspiracy theory is bullshit.

They handed the ball to Lynch on first and goal and he was stopped 1 yard short. If they wanted to make sure Wilson was MVP, they don't hand the ball to Lynch on first and goal, period.

Hyak

Reaction score
Aros":ccb6v2d6 said:
Look, I'm the one with the tinfoil hat in these here parts and even I am telling you the conspiracy theory is bullshit.

They handed the ball to Lynch on first and goal and he was stopped 1 yard short. If they wanted to make sure Wilson was MVP, they don't hand the ball to Lynch on first and goal, period.

I believe RW would have been the MVP anyway if the Hawks had scored down there regardless of whether it was a ML run or not.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Gonna have to go with what most say here...

...no way was that a factor. Pete/Bevell just thought they might catch them sleeping. Didn't work. Bad play call, great DB play...

...catastrophe. Simple as that.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Ahh Marv, I’d have thought you would appreciate the theory I under covered more than most…

Let the truth be known…

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1focallo said:

Sooo, you are saying Lynch intentionally didn't score because he wanted Wilson to be MVP? Got it! ;)

soxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks basically played a $h1t fourth quarter. From letting the Patriots back into the game, to giving them the lead, to not making the play that wins the Superb Owl. Sucks, but there's a winning atmosphere with Carroll. I think we'll be back just like the Patriots always come back.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The problem with the last play was Lockette so casually going after the ball, after all of Lockette's play this year, including many penalties and emotional blow ups, IMO, he's not worth the negatives & he's got to go. Imagine if Baldwin was the intended receiver, game over & SB#2 would have been in the bag. Dump Lockette!
:stirthepot:

Rob12

Reaction score
FargoHawk":n99x79m1 said:
Sorry, but this is a HUGE load of horse poo. Don't believe this one bit. They ran a play to maximize their chances with the clock and TOs remaining. Take your conspiracy theory crap somewhere else.

Is that really necessary?

You can disagree with it, but I wouldn't call it crap. The play call, no matter how well it's spun, will never make sense. I mean, I could get behind a fade route/jump ball to Matthews, who was balling all day, but a slant to Ricardo Lockette? I know that wasn't the first option there, but it never should have been an option at all.

No. 3 rush offense ever
Hardest RB to bring down - ever
A poor Pats run D in those situations (No. 30 in the NFL)

There's no logic in that play call. Even if that pass was completed, I'd be asking the same question - why play with fire like that? Honestly, why?

I don't think that article was your run of the mill media drivel. It makes sense on a lot of different levels. I'm not saying I buy it, but it definitely gives me pause.

Rob12

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1mmjd9c1 said:
Threads like this one are the absolute WORST part of .NET.

I think that they can spring somewhat meaningful discussion. And again, I'm not buying this article's assertion but I would be lying if I said it didn't make me think a bit.

Rob12

Reaction score
Aros":c8hwg74i said:

This is a damn good point.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":35gp4apq said:
FargoHawk":35gp4apq said:
Sorry, but this is a HUGE load of horse poo. Don't believe this one bit. They ran a play to maximize their chances with the clock and TOs remaining. Take your conspiracy theory crap somewhere else.

You can disagree with it, but I wouldn't ca it crap. The play call, no matter his well it's spun, will never make sense. I mean, I could get behind a fade route/jump ball to Matthews, who was balling all day, but a slant to Ricardo Lockette? I know that wasn't the first option there, but it never should have been an option at all.

No. 3 rush offense ever

There's no logic in that play call. Even if that pass was completed, I'd be asking the same question - why play with fire like that? Honestly, why?

I don't think that article was your run of the mill media drivel. It makes sense on a lot of different levels. I'm not saying I buy it, but it definitely gives me pause.

I'm not talking about the play call. I'm talking about the theory that this HC and coaching staff gives two shits about who wins MVP over their team winning the freakin Super Bowl. Give me a break!

Rob12

Reaction score
FargoHawk":2vs95kpg said:
Rob12":2vs95kpg said:
FargoHawk":2vs95kpg said:

You can disagree with it, but I wouldn't ca it crap. The play call, no matter his well it's spun, will never make sense. I mean, I could get behind a fade route/jump ball to Matthews, who was balling all day, but a slant to Ricardo Lockette? I know that wasn't the first option there, but it never should have been an option at all.

No. 3 rush offense ever

I'm not talking about the play call. I'm talking about the theory that this HC and coaching staff gives two shits about who wins MVP over their team winning the freakin Super Bowl. Give me a break!

Yeah, I agree. Especially considering Lynch did get the ball on first down.

It's sad that this is what we've been reduced to talk about following another SB appearance. Sorry guys, I shouldn't have paid this no mind.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Any of you that follow this team should know that Bevell does this crap ALL the time. This was not the first time he tried to get too cute, and as long as he is here.. it probably will not be the last time. It's who he is. For every great play he's called, and he has called numerous, he has also overthought some things.

The only reason this is as bad as it is right now, is because it probably cost this team a Super Bowl.. and didn't come in a regular season game in Week 5. The whole world was watching.. thats why criticism abounds.

So no.. I don't think theres anything to it that they wanted Russ to be the hero. I will never, ever, ever believe that Marshawn Lynch doesn't stroll into the end zone from a yard out.. but passing makes a little bit of sense when Pete broke it down the way he is. The issue was of all the pass plays in the playbook.. they picked a quick slant to a special teams star.. essentially killing the two best threats they had at the 1 in Marshawn Lynch and Russell's mobility. A play-action boot was the obvious pass play to go to.. a quick slant .. not so much

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I think a Russell-ism applies here........

Ignore the noise!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It would be undeniably better for the organization to have the ultimate company man and golden boy Russell Wilson win the SB MVP there. From a business and PR standpoint, clearly that would be their preference. I'm sure there are people in the organization that thought about it. But I doubt the coaches had that in mind when they blew it.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
C R A P ! Good heavens! People will come up with any number of things. I think the CIA was behind the loss. We lost people, get real.

dunceface

Reaction score
This is ridiculous and would only fuel bitterness and division