Conspiracy Theory Explains Worst Play Call In NFL History.

Do you believe this theory posted below the poll (which insists on going first)?

• Yes

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 77 80.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Rob12

Reaction score
Kansashawkfan":1fheulhu said:
C R A P ! Good heavens! People will come up with any number of things. I think the CIA was behind the loss. We lost people, get real.

No one is saying we didn't lose. This thread is grasping at straws to try and find an acceptable explanation on why such a moronic play call took place that costed us a repeat.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
Rob12":3skjrjui said:
Kansashawkfan":3skjrjui said:
C R A P ! Good heavens! People will come up with any number of things. I think the CIA was behind the loss. We lost people, get real.

No one is saying we didn't lose. This thread is grasping at straws to try and find an acceptable explanation on why such a moronic play call took place that costed us a repeat.
Had the play been successful, It would have been called the most brilliant play call in history.

KatarHol

Reaction score
You have got to be a special kind of stupid to believe that theory.

kf3339

Reaction score
I don't believe the theory, even if some players or reporters do think it's valid.

I just think PC and Bevell are absolute dimwits for coming up with that play call.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I have no problem with the pass in this situation, it's the fact that it wasn't play action that bothers me. Some things that may cross your mind about this as you ponder it longer. Example would be: What if we give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on second and goal? What say he scores a touchdown in this scenario and does the crotch grab costing us 15 yards. That gives Tom Brady 26 seconds plus potential great position with which to work. The truth is, we have no idea what would've happened in that scenario. You can say Marshawn is not stupid and would never do that but the truth is we just don't know that. I'm not saying this as an excuse for what was called,

I'm just saying there is no conspiracy and I understand passing in that situation. You maybe use 3-5 seconds on that 2nd down pass and have 20 seconds and a timeout left to run on 3rd and 4th if you need it. A pass there is using the downs and time as strategically as you can to leave them nothing. And if you score, you score. It was just not the RIGHT pass call for that situational part of the game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1tii1385 said:
I have no problem with the pass in this situation, it's the fact that it wasn't play action that bothers me. Some things that may cross your mind about this as you ponder it longer. Example would be: What if we give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on second and goal? What say he scores a touchdown in this scenario and does the crotch grab costing us 15 yards. That gives Tom Brady 26 seconds plus potential great position with which to work. The truth is, we have no idea what would've happened in that scenario. You can say Marshawn is not stupid and would never do that but the truth is we just don't know that. I'm not saying this as an excuse for what was called,

I'm just saying there is no conspiracy and I understand passing in that situation. You maybe use 3-5 seconds on that 2nd down pass and have 20 seconds and a timeout left to run on 3rd and 4th if you need it. A pass there is using the downs and time as strategically as you can to leave them nothing. And if you score, you score. It was just not the RIGHT pass call for that situational part of the game.
Exactly.

So, in his illustrious career, Bevell has called play action on 4th and 15, but not on 2nd and goal from the one with a team in goal line D. Figures.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not buying this, but if I did want to buy into a conspiracy, my angle would be that Bevell called this play hoping it would succeed and make him like a genius who did things his own way. If there is anything Bevell is desperate for, it's to shed the perception that he is a vanilla OC. Though in this case, I don't really buy that conspiracy theory either since I think it's more likely explained by incompetence.

Scottemojo":2csbu3pj said:
So, in his illustrious career, Bevell has called play action on 4th and 15, but not on 2nd and goal from the one with a team in goal line D. Figures.

Maybe I am severely underestimating Bevell, but my take on those two calls is not that Bevell gets cute, it's that he doesn't have a strong fundamental understanding of situational football. He is the equivalent of the manager in baseball that doesn't shift his infield, or use platoon splits, or never submits lineup cards that are close to optimized. Maybe that manager is great at managing players, but he has no idea how to manage the game itself (seems like this is every manager the Mariners have ever hired).

I guess the hole in that theory was that Bevell started with an offensive HC in Brad Childress who would have presumably set Bevell straight damn quick, and that Bevell does often play situational stuff correctly.

It does feel like when Bevell goes away from conventional thought, it is random as hell, and not devious in any kind of way. Bates was a devious OC, if he ever got cute it was usually a good thing.

randomation

Reaction score
pmedic920":2l6zxzej said:
The Fan in me wants to lock and delete this this tread.
We are better than that here, Everybody gets to voice their opinion within the guidelines.
I don't believe the theory one bit.

I kind of think it's a good thing to have up since it's a resounding no; basically why attribute to conspiracy what can simply be explained by stupidity :D

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
I cannot stress how much I hate this post and the fact that people are spewing this garbage all over the internet. Are you forgetting that first down when Lynch came within 1 yard of running it in? If its so high stakes and unthinkable for Lynch to get the MVP why give him the ball then?

Also who gives a shit about the Super Bowl MVP, you get a truck and say "I'm going to disneyland" thats about it. This whole insane conspiracy theory makes getting the MVP out to be this prestigious incredible honor, almost like its more important than winning the Super Bowl.

This stories believability hinges on whether or not you think its reasonable that Pete Carroll and the Seahawks ownership would risk a Super Bowl championship on one player being more marketable than the other. That is a completely ridiculous thing to believe. Completely, absolutely, positively RIDICULOUS.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
randomation":39oq5cxs said:
pmedic920":39oq5cxs said:
The Fan in me wants to lock and delete this this tread.
We are better than that here, Everybody gets to voice their opinion within the guidelines.
I don't believe the theory one bit.

I kind of think it's a good thing to have up since it's a resounding no
Agreed. We've been through as much stress and trauma as a fan base can experience, all in the blink of an eye. It's going to elicit some weird, weird stuff. Better to let it out than let it fester.

Latest posts