Contest For New .NET Header Graphic

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Love Aros' work up on top, but we've recently had a uniform change, the team has undergone a full change of identity, and we've got a Lombardi under our belts now. I think something a little more modern that eliminates the "Seahawk blue" and comes closer to our current uni colors would be an outstanding change. If I had any artistic ability, I'd attempt something, but it would look like a 1st grader's art project.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. The team has had a new design for a couple years now and the site IMO, should reflect the current aesthetic. Until Anguish and crew has the time to do a full site redesign, this would be a nice quick bridge to the new look.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
The header designed in the last thread by one of the mods/admins was pretty good and pretty much everyone liked it. I hope that one is at least in consideration.

Guardian

Reaction score
Question: Are we allowed to use the Seahawk font?
Seahawksfont zps2bb2b99f
I know you said we can't really use more than the eye from the official logo, but I was wondering what the restrictions are about this.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Y'know, just spitballing again here, but had another quick idea. It might be kind of cool/unique/whatever to do something similar to Guardian's signature pic. But as a side, maybe make all the opposing players each team we played during the year, chronologically, starting with the Panthers and ending with the 49ers and Broncos following a bunch of Seahawks rushing at the Lombardi trophy with the ball. I don't know that it'd be the best header pic here, but it'd be cool to see someone take a stab at it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I prefer the vector look like Anguish designed in the above link over the Photoshop look of my stuff, personally. It's time for a change.

Guardian

Reaction score
Okay, I just finished making my entry!
2z5kkdd

The seahawk/osprey in the logo was created by Max O'Brien, from over at OspreyDawn, who has given me full permission to use it. Thought it would look nice with the 12. The font is edited to appear indented, and is opaque, so it will work fine with any color background. Well, except pure black.

I have every individual piece saved in it's own file, so if anybody would like to use anything I've already made for their own entry/project, just ask. :)

Also, let me know if you'd like to see any changes. I originally went for a more minimal/flat/matte kinda look, but I can easily add a little pop to it with shadows or whatever.

nsport

Reaction score
I don't pretend to have a single artistic bone in my body, so I won't even try to sketch anything on a napkin.

If I described the new logo, I would want something that anchors us to the team logo, but also expresses toughness, smarts and depth through the entire roster. Is there a way to make a graphic that says all that?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Just a random thought, I've always loved the background on this pic:

Seahawks_by_Natemz.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
I don't want to make any of the previous contributors feel insecure but I think I've got this locked up...

Attachments

• AmazingBanner.png
    AmazingBanner.png
    16 KB · Views: 3,235

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":247nl06g said:
Laloosh, this thread did not need a shotgun abortion.

You're just jealous because I have talent...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ac5dadd said:
I think we have a winner here with EC's.

Was it the eye inside of the Lombardi? I am very proud of that little detail.