Contest For New .NET Header Graphic

Laloosh

Reaction score
Throwdown":1zjs8117 said:
i like how you made the "K" and the Lombardi work well together.

Well, I'm a firm believer that if you're going to do something, do it with MS Paint!

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm terrible at this but...

banner-test-04_zps0aa761bf.png

banner-test-07_zpsa0c3a895.png

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Guardian":3drcpkoa said:
Hawknballs":3drcpkoa said:
hmmm test...

1kjU06O
wow, that looks great!

Thanks open to any suggestions about the 12th man tagline..I wanted something that sounded tough to go with the text so I went with "stronghold" but not sure if that sounds too cheesy. I'm also not sure if i'm using too much of the logo or not.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Laloosh":3umusv5f said:
I'm terrible at this but...

banner-test-04_zps0aa761bf.png

banner-test-07_zpsa0c3a895.png

looks cool what editor are you using? if it's photoshop make sure you turn on the AA (anti-aliasing) for your text, to get rid of the jaggies around it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3pkldeai said:
looks cool what editor are you using? if it's photoshop make sure you turn on the AA (anti-aliasing) for your text, to get rid of the jaggies around it.

Photoshop Elements, thanks for the tip.

Guardian

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3rbqphhk said:
Guardian":3rbqphhk said:
Hawknballs":3rbqphhk said:
hmmm test...

1kjU06O
wow, that looks great!

Thanks open to any suggestions about the 12th man tagline..I wanted something that sounded tough to go with the text so I went with "stronghold" but not sure if that sounds too cheesy. I'm also not sure if i'm using too much of the logo or not.
Well, here are a few tagline alternatives, if you're not sure about "stronghold."

Voice of the 12th man
Home of the 12th man
The essential 12th man community

I kinda prefer "Home of the 12th Man," myself, but it's also used at Texas A&M.

Edit: Also, if you're worried about using too much official logo, I can send you the full sized osprey picture I used in creating my entry. Won't look exactly the same, but still looks great, and no worries about legal issues, so you can use as much as you want.

nwgamer

Reaction score
I think if we include a logo/catchphrase we should consider using something along the lines of the "Legions of 12's" I like the masses of twelves being referred to as legions of twelves. Fits in with the Legion of Boom identity. Just a thought.

I was considering building a kickbutt Hawk Legionairre outfit for the coming season. Pretty cool.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Laloosh":1zqw9c1w said:
Hawknballs":1zqw9c1w said:

Photoshop Elements, thanks for the tip.

Yeah, that cleans the edges up nicely.

banner-test-15_zps99ef37fb.png

A

Anonymous

I think Guardian's Signature pic should be our banner.

Add the "Seahawks.net" characters in the same spot and font as his username is now.

Xcqkav

An implied Seahawks player running away from an implied Niners player engaged in a futile attempt at a tackle.

IMHO, it says exactly what we all need to see every time we refresh our browser. :mrgreen:

Guardian

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":35htukot said:
I think Guardian's Signature pic should be our banner.

Add the "Seahawks.net" characters in the same spot and font as his username is now.

Xcqkav

An implied Seahawks player running away from an implied Niners player engaged in a futile attempt at a tackle.

IMHO, it says exactly what we all need to see every time we refresh our browser. :mrgreen:
Thing is, I found that picture originally on amazon.com of all places, then just photoshopped it a bit. I don't really know how to make a picture like that. Not on the computer, anyway.

I am good with sketching, though, so I suppose I can try to draw it, send to comp, then edit from there. ... Okay, I'll try that and see how it turns out.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I personally think Aros and now from what I seen HawkNBalls should be the two selections, or the ones doing the desigins. I like the chrome look even though you kill it too much sometimes Aros. HawkNBalls graphic looks good, maybe add some more flair, idk just giving me designer input.

Laloosh gets a weekend nomintation or maybe gameday, I think it would be incredibly outstanding to have that up on Sundays, make it happen mods.

Guardian

Reaction score
@Hawknballs: So far your design is my favorite, but I was wondering what you'd think of the following tweaks to make it more... 'poppy.'

-perhaps give the est., 12th man tagline, and SB champs the same font and 3d effect that .net has? but in grey, and all drop shadowed.
-or, if you'd rather they look more backgroundy, perhaps give them that indented look?

that's all i can think of.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2n5271hx said:
I personally think Aros and now from what I seen HawkNBalls should be the two selections, or the ones doing the desigins. I like the chrome look even though you kill it too much sometimes Aros. HawkNBalls graphic looks good, maybe add some more flair, idk just giving me designer input.

Laloosh gets a weekend nomintation or maybe gameday, I think it would be incredibly outstanding to have that up on Sundays, make it happen mods.

yeah I thought about trying to incorporate something like this but I was worried about it being too busy. The wings I would need to redo, they are from a stock graphic library that i'm not sure we could use (not sure if this site makes any sort of profit, if not then it would be fine but i could also create something original and similar)

1gc4y5e

would look like this on the top

324pqxv

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Guardian":2ujzmfkv said:
@Hawknballs: So far your design is my favorite, but I was wondering what you'd think of the following tweaks to make it more... 'poppy.'

-perhaps give the est., 12th man tagline, and SB champs the same font and 3d effect that .net has? but in grey, and all drop shadowed.
-or, if you'd rather they look more backgroundy, perhaps give them that indented look?

that's all i can think of.

I need to make the est. part pop more but i don't want to add too much to the other text, the site name should be the main message the other stuff should be kinda secondary.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawknballs":jftq83nj said:
NFSeahawks628":jftq83nj said:

yeah I thought about trying to incorporate something like this but I was worried about it being too busy. The wings I would need to redo, they are from a stock graphic library that i'm not sure we could use (not sure if this site makes any sort of profit, if not then it would be fine but i could also create something original and similar)

1gc4y5e

would look like this on the top

324pqxv

It looks good, but if possible could you maybe add the lombardi somewhere I want there to be emphasis on that. Look at me giving demands, lol. I also like graphics and have made it a part of my life but don't have the patience to do something like this right now, perhaps I'll get in a mood and do one.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I have no skill for this (too cool, hung) but just a thought...

The head- on Lombardi with the logo on the side like its a helmet.

Make sense?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Prob with that is that we don't have permission to use the full logo. Not even sure if I need to change my eye up a bit to use it.