Cortez Kennedy dead at 48

StoneCold

Reaction score
White Devil":3ofxe9m1 said:
Heartbreaking.

An all time Seahawk and great person as well.

For the younger Hawk fans that may not have been around during his playing days...have a glimpse at one of the most dominating defensive players to wear any uniform.

[youtube]uJYVL5gk57Q[/youtube]

People may think this is a highlight reel. Uh uh. Just the way the man played. Way. To. Young.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
kidhawk":1adjtm4f said:
WHA...............He is literally 8 days older than me.....

Wow, I thought you were much older than that.

RIP, Tez

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":z8vck22p said:
kidhawk":z8vck22p said:

RIP, Tez

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I am sure that Tez wasn't old enough yet

warden

Reaction score
Teams frequently tripled teamed him, that is how good he was

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
kidhawk":29fm523j said:

RIP, Tez

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Very sad.
Rest in Peace Mr. Kennedy. I will always admire you.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Out of respect to his family lets not say anything about the off season for 24 hours

I am saddened

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
So sad. What a Seahawk legend-the most dominating DT of the entire 90s. Way too young. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":1qqbrrfs said:
That's sad :(. He was probably the best player on the team the year I started following the Seahawks.

I just looked up the history of the #12 flag raisers because I couldn't remember if he had ever done it, and saw that he was the first player ever to be given the honor (season ticket holders did the first one, then Cortez). That says a lot about how much the team valued him and his legacy.

If you're going to pick a team ambassador, Tez was it. Big hearted, loved the fans, never had a bad word to say about anyone........and loyal to a fault.

Most people don't know that the Cowboys called Tez after he retired and asked if he could play the final 5 games of the season for them, and Cortez said no it wouldn't be right. He didn't want to steal their money nor ruin playing for one team his entire career.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":87jrdr4m said:
Rat":87jrdr4m said:
That's sad :(. He was probably the best player on the team the year I started following the Seahawks.

I just looked up the history of the #12 flag raisers because I couldn't remember if he had ever done it, and saw that he was the first player ever to be given the honor (season ticket holders did the first one, then Cortez). That says a lot about how much the team valued him and his legacy.

If you're going to pick a team ambassador, Tez was it. Big hearted, loved the fans, never had a bad word to say about anyone........and loyal to a fault.

Most people don't know that the Cowboys called Tez after he retired and asked if he could play the final 5 games of the season for them, and Cortez said no it wouldn't be right. He didn't want to steal their money nor ruin playing for one team his entire career.

I never knew that. Just goes to prove how unique his allegiance and pride in the Seahawks was. He will always be remembered!

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vzy61h8k said:
Rat":vzy61h8k said:

Great story and stark contrast to the modern day diva "stars" (Percy Harvin types) infultrating todays NFL.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I was very sad to read this today. Watching Tez disrupt offenses was truly a blessing to watch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3g11aae8 said:
Sgt. Largent":3g11aae8 said:
Rat":3g11aae8 said:

Great story and stark contrast to the modern day diva "stars" (Percy Harvin types) infultrating todays NFL.

To be fair, it happened back in the day too. Remember the great Jerry Rice and Franco Harris finished their careers here.

Some guys just can't let go, but that's all ego.........of which Cortez had none. As humble as it gets.

But I agree with your sentiment for the most part, modern day players are far more worried about their touches, their stats, their brand, their contracts than guys like Tez who just loved the game and played their asses off for their teammates and team.

Like I said earlier, you don't win the NFL Defensive player of the year on a putrid 2-14 team without being a special person first.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Heartbroken right now.

I loved how he closed his HOF speech. "God bless the Seattle Seahawks"

You will be missed big fella.