Cortez Kennedy dead at 48

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/0ap2000000046256/2012-HOF-Cortez-Kennedy[/urltargetblank]

Video of his HOF induction speech

Mojambo

Reaction score
Lost my dad last year. Cortez Kennedy was BY FAR his favorite Seahawk of all-time (and he went back to the start.)

Really tough day.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NO!!! WAY TOO YOUNG!! I go away for my yearly physical and come back to this awful news. I just cannot believe it. So sad. I am ordering his jersey NOW since I was planning on getting around to it this year anyways.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3465e0gr said:
Rat":3465e0gr said:
That's sad :(. He was probably the best player on the team the year I started following the Seahawks.

I just looked up the history of the #12 flag raisers because I couldn't remember if he had ever done it, and saw that he was the first player ever to be given the honor (season ticket holders did the first one, then Cortez). That says a lot about how much the team valued him and his legacy.

If you're going to pick a team ambassador, Tez was it. Big hearted, loved the fans, never had a bad word to say about anyone........and loyal to a fault.

Most people don't know that the Cowboys called Tez after he retired and asked if he could play the final 5 games of the season for them, and Cortez said no it wouldn't be right. He didn't want to steal their money nor ruin playing for one team his entire career.
Makes me love the guy even more, he was always very loyal to the Hawks franchise and the city of Seattle.

I never heard anyone even his opponents say a bad word about the guy.
A HOF football player and a gem of a human being. A very sad day indeed.

It's a crime he never got to play in a Super Bowl.

RIP Tez! :cry:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tez was the ONLY reason to watch the Hawks in the 2-14 season.
The guy was deceptively quick and a much better athlete than he looked.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cortez Kennedy had 242 tackles from 91-93.

Ndamukong Suh has 260. In his career.

2_0_6

Reaction score
RIP big fella. Truly a sad day.

I went on Ebay shortly after hearing about this and scored a autograph helmet from Mill Creek Sports for $69.99, which have climbed up to $199.99 now.

Reaction score
Rest in Peace Big Guy! I remember being at my cousin's house watching the draft and he was like man u guys just got Cortez Kennedy Look out boy was he ever right. He was one of my all time greats what the hell he was only six years older than me wow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3svlsnie said:

I went on Ebay shortly after hearing about this and scored a autograph helmet from Mill Creek Sports for $69.99, which have climbed up to $199.99 now.

Isn't this distasteful on Mill Creek's part?

idk, just kinda skeeves me out thinking about some memorabilia shop owner saying "hey Cortez Kennedy died today, mark up all the stuff we have for him."

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vhwicc5 said:
Hawk_Nation":2vhwicc5 said:

idk, just kinda skeeves me out thinking about some memorabilia shop owner saying "hey Cortez Kennedy died today, mark up all the stuff we have for him."

Shameless. Death for profit = vultures.

Thanks for the warning.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Great quote from Sports Illustrated they posted on Twitter when interviewing Tez back in 1992

SI's 1992 feature on Cortez Kennedy: "I don't want to be thin. I don't want to be pretty. I just want to be the Tez"

Mission Accomplished big man.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Kennedy was one of the rare bright spots during some of the Seahawks' darkest years. DPOY in a 2-14 year is essentially unthinkable. A sad day.

tc06067

Reaction score
My all time favorite and a great guy! He will be missed. He was the Seahawks in the 90's. RIP Tez.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":2e8zisqg said:
Sgt. Largent":2e8zisqg said:
Hawk_Nation":2e8zisqg said:

Shameless. Death for profit = vultures.

Thanks for the warning.

Sadly, I expected this to happen so that's why I bought it.

Latest posts