Could we get anything good for Boykin from:

Status
Not open for further replies.

endzorn

Reaction score
Any team Minnesota calls looking for a QB should jack the asking price a couple rounds. If I'm Tampa I'm asking for at least a 2 for Glennon. The Vikings will be desperate.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1byecz5p said:
Siouxhawk":1byecz5p said:
mrt144":1byecz5p said:
Siouxhawk":1byecz5p said:
And why do you think he's dunzo in regard to how I'm answering this thread? And I'm still not convinced that even without a Boykin trade that Pete and John wouldn't bring back Tarvaris as the backup if they weren't thoroughly convinced Tavone could handle the backup role. This isn't another team that would need to get acquainted with Tarvaris; this is the Seahawks who know the veteran better than anyone else.

Cause he's quite literally unfit to play backup for the Seahawks in any regard and under any scenario.
And we'll have to disagree there. Considering Pete put him in that very spot the last 3 years and I trust Pete's judgement immensely, I feel confident in my stance.

That in the unlikely scenario where we trade Boykin, Pete would bring T-Jack back? Let alone under a scenario where we have Boykin?

If you mean the former, then okay, even under that scenario Pete is going to give broke ass, gun pulling drunk, 33 year old T-Jack another shot in Seattle and kick the can on backup another year?

The latter? You're putting us on.

"Yeah, we drafted a backup but screw this, we're going play some Maddenball, pounce on a team in need, trade the pick we made, then bring in the last guy, who is currently under legal duress and old and be no worse off. I mean TJack's rating is still like 59 and he never sees action anyway. Darrell, stop putting these 100 page reports about bubble screens on my desk, I get it."
He has been completely exonerated of his legal issues and his QB rating is in the 80s. Just wanted accurate facts presented.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Can't lie; as soon as I saw the OP, I asked myself "how far does this thread make it before Sioux posts about Tarvaris?"

You're killin me, Smalls.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1p08jgqg said:
Can't lie; as soon as I saw the OP, I asked myself "how far does this thread make it before Sioux posts about Tarvaris?"

You're killin me, Smalls.
I thought it was a marvelous post by SNDavidson, Laloosh.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1phckcfc said:
He has been completely exonerated of his legal issues and his QB rating is in the 80s. Just wanted accurate facts presented.

Accurate facts to back up fever dreams.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":yl2ycq4j said:
Siouxhawk":yl2ycq4j said:

Accurate facts to back up fever dreams.
The only thing I got a fever for is adding more cow-bell.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Siouxhawk, this thread is not about Tarvaris Jackson. Please stop talking about him in multiple threads that aren't about him.

On topic, Boykin has proven enough tools and brains to be worth developing as a backup, and he's nice and young. I'd rather have him than any backup in the league I could think of.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3gi3w1aj said:
Siouxhawk, this thread is not about Tarvaris Jackson. Please stop talking about him in multiple threads that aren't about him.

On topic, Boykin has proven enough tools and brains to be worth developing as a backup, and he's nice and young. I'd rather have him than any backup in the league I could think of.
I disagree respectfully. It's very much about Tarvaris were Boykin to be traded, don't you think?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He has zero trade value.

He's a nice enough piece to develop, but there are QBs with real NFL experience who can't find jobs. No one is trading for a UDFA rookie on the basis of a wildly up-and-down preseason.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If Tarvaris is worth something, why is he unemployed?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2qmt1uur said:
MontanaHawk05":2qmt1uur said:

I disagree respectfully. It's very much about Tarvaris were Boykin to be traded, don't you think?

You've made half a dozen posts that are more about T-Jack than Boykin, some purely so.

I'll say no more.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":c0qhfjmf said:
MontanaHawk05":c0qhfjmf said:

The chance of Boykin being traded are just about a good as Pete getting fired, NO CHANCE IN HELL!
I can't believe this thread was even started.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":169o4vn8 said:
Siouxhawk":169o4vn8 said:
MontanaHawk05":169o4vn8 said:

The chance of Boykin being traded are just about a good as Pete getting fired, NO CHANCE IN HELL!
I can't believe this thread was even started.
Donn, is that because you think the front office values him more than a 4th or 5th round pick or that no teams would make that high of an offer?

sutz

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":ttju9rlu said:
If TJ was worth signing, why wouldn't Minny sign him instead of trading for a rookie UDFA?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2lkxrxf7 said:
Ad Hawk":2lkxrxf7 said:
If TJ was worth signing, why wouldn't Minny sign him instead of trading for a rookie UDFA?
Maybe they will yet Sutz. Caplan has him as the current top free agent on his board. But I believe his true fit is still with the Seahawks.
And from a Seahawks perspective, wouldn't trading Tavone fit their endgame? We take a raw quarterback, develop him and then try to secure a draft pick in a trade and start the process over. Would a 4th or 5th in one preseason be a fair exchange when QBs are in demand or would you prefer keeping him a year or two to try to escalate that value, while also taking a risk it could go the other way?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":2ugs07p1 said:
Ad Hawk":2ugs07p1 said:

This is evidence for Boykin and not "anyone else" for the Hawks this year. I wouldn't trade him for anyone who is currently looking for work.

There's no evidence from the Front Office they value anyone more who is currently available; in fact, there's plenty of evidence they plan to keep him, unlike some (ok, one) poster here believes (against all current evidence to the contrary).

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2miog15a said:
sutz":2miog15a said:
Ad Hawk":2miog15a said:
Maybe they will yet Sutz. Caplan has him as the current top free agent on his board. But I believe his true fit is still with the Seahawks.
And from a Seahawks perspective, wouldn't trading Tavone fit their endgame? We take a raw quarterback, develop him and then try to secure a draft pick in a trade and start the process over. Would a 4th or 5th in one preseason be a fair exchange when QBs are in demand or would you prefer keeping him a year or two to try to escalate that value, while also taking a risk it could go the other way?

No?

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2ts739v8 said:
Ad Hawk":2ts739v8 said:

Wondered that as well. Nobody wants him.

Siouxhawk?

Part of Pete's plan. Tomorrow he's announcing Bevell is taking over in 2020 as HC and signing T-Jack on Thursday. Souixhawk is announced to raise 12th man flag during all playoff games and get's a seat next to Paul Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.