Only 1 true villain remains

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The version of Josh Allen that dosent turn the ball over is still the most lethal weapon in the game imo. when that dude is rolling, it would not shock me at all if him getting hot rolls all the way to a championship win.
Especially when they actually use his running ability, that's a huge weapon.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
The version of Josh Allen that dosent turn the ball over is still the most lethal weapon in the game imo. when that dude is rolling, it would not shock me at all if him getting hot rolls all the way to a championship win.

Perhaps this might explain why Josh Allen has been playing better & is currently on a 6-game winning streak.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not denying that the Niners are a good team, but that was about as lucky as team could get. Just one thing after another.
Even my coworker, who is from the bay area, said he couldn't believe how lucky the Niners got. I'm guessing he's in the minority.
Niners fans are not exactly known for speaking the truth when their team gets outplayed.

NINEster

Reaction score
I'm not denying that the Niners are a good team, but that was about as lucky as team could get. Just one thing after another.
Even my coworker, who is from the bay area, said he couldn't believe how lucky the Niners got. I'm guessing he's in the minority.
Niners fans are not exactly known for speaking the truth when their team gets outplayed.

There was some luck involved for sure, and the Niners could've lost.

Was it the luckiest NFC West playoff win in the last decade? Not by a long shot, haha.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My disdain for the packers is greatly reduced with Rodgers departure.
Yep, me, too.

I actually like the Packers minus Rodgers for a couple of reasons. I like the way their organization is structured where the fans own the team, I like the fact that they're in the smallest market in major league professional sports, and I like the tradition of kids carrying player's pads for them/lending them their bikes after practice.

A friend of mine, a diehard Hawks fan, told me how he went to a Hawks-Packers game in Lambeau in a game where we were just getting hosed and the Packers fans were buying him beer, feeling badly that he had to travel so far only to see his team turn in a pathetic effort. "Hey, Seagull! What kind of beer do you want?"

On a side note, I, too, once went to a game in Lambeau and had a similar experience. Pregame and wearing my colors, I was sitting with several Packers fan and drinking a beer with a Packer's label called "Green 19". They started giving me shit about it: "Look, we've converted him into a Packer Backer!" "Nope," I answered as I tapped my beer. "Washington hops." They were clearly befuddled by my comment, so I set them straight: "80% of the hops in this country are grown in Washington, so there's a 4 in 5 chance that I'm drinking a Washington beer, now STFU!" All friendly, of course.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, me, too.

I actually like the Packers minus Rodgers for a couple of reasons. I like the way their organization is structured where the fans own the team, I like the fact that they're in the smallest market in major league professional sports, and I like the tradition of kids carrying player's pads for them/lending them their bikes after practice.

A friend of mine, a diehard Hawks fan, told me how he went to a Hawks-Packers game in Lambeau in a game where we were just getting hosed and the Packers fans were buying him beer, feeling badly that he had to travel so far only to see his team turn in a pathetic effort. "Hey, Seagull! What kind of beer do you want?"

On a side note, I, too, once went to a game in Lambeau and had a similar experience. Pregame and wearing my colors, I was sitting with several Packers fan and drinking a beer with a Packer's label called "Green 19". They started giving me shit about it: "Look, we've converted him into a Packer Backer!" "Nope," I answered as I tapped my beer. "Washington hops." They were clearly befuddled by my comment, so I set them straight: "80% of the hops in this country are grown in Washington, so there's a 4 in 5 chance that I'm drinking a Washington beer, now STFU!" All friendly, of course.

Yep, went to Lambeau in 1999 for Holmgren's first return back to the team who coached before us. Halloween weekend, went pub crawling with some KJR guys (Gas and Groz) and a bunch of us fans. Had a blast! Even though we waxed them on MNF, the fans (minus one super drunk, obnoxious fan) were super friendly to us. The atmosphere and tailgating is next level, legendary. A great football memory I will never forget.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What a cool game to be at. And one of the few that Holmgren actually got them super fired up for on the road. They knocked GB's teeth in that day.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yep, went to Lambeau in 1999 for Holmgren's first return back to the team who coached before us. Halloween weekend, went pub crawling with some KJR guys (Gas and Groz) and a bunch of us fans. Had a blast! Even though we waxed them on MNF, the fans (minus one super drunk, obnoxious fan) were super friendly to us. The atmosphere and tailgating is next level, legendary. A great football memory I will never forget.
Wow, that's cool!

I can remember when free agency first started, and a lot of the urban black players were afraid to come to the nearly all white Green Bay area, with Reggie White being the first to break the 'color barrier.' Multiple black players who followed were pleasantly surprised at how accepting of them that the fans in Green Bay were. Here's a pretty neat story about it if anyone's interested: