Crazy pre-trade deadline idea

NINEster

Reaction score
It's funny how when Niner fans said losing Red Bryant would be a big deal, nobody here agreed saying you were fine with just Bennett.

You called us out on losing Delanie Walker as a loss and were ultimately right.

We were right about Bryant.

White Devil

Reaction score
NINEster":ij82y50c said:
It's funny how when Niner fans said losing Red Bryant would be a big deal, nobody here agreed saying you were fine with just Bennett.

Thanks. Great game last night btw.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
NINEster":3l7hm3tk said:

Don't pull a deltoid patting yourself on the back, mate. A lot of Seahawks fans were pretty upset over losing Big Red. And a lot of that talk about being just fine without him was probably sour grapes.

Hard to say what the comparison would be with him in Seattle rather than Jacksonville, but he might be doing a lot better with better surrounding talent.

As far as the trade deadline goes, I really don't see anything happening other than maybe the Vincent Jackson trade rumors heating up. We do allocate some wiggle room for stop-gap free agent vets. It's not where the meat of our team is going to come from anymore, but doing one- or two-year prove it deals have worked well in the past and will continue to work in the future.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1iqbuqn4 said:
Clemons is a band aid....no thanks.

tumblr_moj3p0wvjy1r24z09o1_500.gif

You're not getting a 5 year perennial Pro-Bowler at the deadline .. you're getting someone to help you get through the next 10 games of the season.

Which is what Clemons would do.

kf3339

Reaction score
If I was going to get a player by the deadline, it would be Suh from Detroit. I know the budget would have to fit him in and a new contract would be required, but he is the single dominant player that would change our run and pass defense more than pretty much any other guy. We need defensive interior penetration that just isn't happening to a great enough or consistent degree. If we had it our DE's would be having far greater success getting pressure and sacks, not to mention his own numbers. He is gone after the season, so Detroit might be willing to do the deal.

You have to remember that he grew up in Oregon and loves the Hawks. Could a somewhat home team discount be possible especially since he can see the championship potential for several more years?

I know it's a long shot, but there are not many truly dominant 3tech's that come available.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not having Red isn't the issue. With Wagner (MLB), our run D is fine. I'm starting to realize it's no coincidence that it only seems to falter when Wagner is either out or playing hurt. If there's an issue at the line, it's that we're playing a pure rusher at the LEO spot (Avril). In his prime, Clemons could rush and set an edge. Red doesn't help us get to the QB. The argument that we let Clemons go too soon has some weight; for Red, I don't see it as much (though there's no accounting for the impact his lockerroom presence had).

King Dog

Reaction score
Other teams love the value they get when trading with us if you catch my drift..... No thanks.