Crazy idea, but hear me out. Trade Geno.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good grief, buy some reading comprehension. Rubbish to try to pass your own words and thoughts off as if others said them.

How does "Geno hasn't YET led a crunch time drive with his passing" translate into "Seahawks 0-5"? Actual translation would be closer to, "Seahawks have gotten long TD runs from RBs at crunch time where Geno hasn't had to do it all with his passing".

My posts in this thread more accurately should have been in the "Pay Geno?" thread. A QB who can lead crunch time drives with his passing (and/or his own timely running) is going to get paid more than one that nearly always fails in those situations. Geno DID lead an early 4th quarter game-clinching TD drive vs the Cards, so that was fantastic to see. He's setting himself up nicely to get a huge bag.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Good grief, buy some reading comprehension. Rubbish to try to pass your own words and thoughts off as if others said them.

How does "Geno hasn't YET led a crunch time drive with his passing" translate into "Seahawks 0-5"? Actual translation would be closer to, "Seahawks have gotten long TD runs from RBs at crunch time where Geno hasn't had to do it all with his passing".

My posts in this thread more accurately should have been in the "Pay Geno?" thread. A QB who can lead crunch time drives with his passing (and/or his own timely running) is going to get paid more than one that nearly always fails in those situations. Geno DID lead an early 4th quarter game-clinching TD drive vs the Cards, so that was fantastic to see. He's setting himself up nicely to get a huge bag.
I did not post that comment. Try reading poster names.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I did not post that comment. Try reading poster names.
You posted someone else's words from a different thread, in some kind of weird link, and passed them off as your response. That's how it looks anyway, the post shows as coming from you, quoting someone else, with no words of your own.

Geno has been doing a great job overall, and I'm noticing a trend where posters are rushing to defend him from ANY criticism, no matter how mild or objective. I checked with Geno's agent, and his agent said it's all good as long as nobody is calling him a poser on national TV, and they include a pic of Geno with the post.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You posted someone else's words from a different thread, in some kind of weird link, and passed them off as your response. That's how it looks anyway, the post shows as coming from you, quoting someone else, with no words of your own.

Geno has been doing a great job overall, and I'm noticing a trend where posters are rushing to defend him from ANY criticism, no matter how mild or objective. I checked with Geno's agent, and his agent said it's all good as long as nobody is calling him a poser on national TV, and they include a pic of Geno with the post.
I didn't pass anything off as my response. Those were not words. Quit trolling. Ain't got time for childish BS.

Go try getting an education before you roll into somewhere and tell someone falsely that they cannot comprehend written English when you clearly don't know how to read an Internet forum appropriately.

FOH. Ignore button yet again here. The number of you knuckleheads I've had to use that on its way too high. Nonetheless you trolls get out what you put in. Later.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I do agree with the trade Geno, but there's no teams in the NFL that would want Geno.

He's an average QB that doesn't turn the ball over.
He excell's with a good running game, at least he doesn't need to throw the ball to win games.
Also he's not a QB that would win games if you were in a hole 17-0, 20-0. Just like Cooper Rush.

But the main problem why I don't like Geno is that even with the Hawks winning more than 3 games this season, Let's say they win 8-10 games, he would want a fair contract that is about 25mill per year. multi-contract.

Everyone knows that the Hawks organization doesn't give fair contracts to it's players. And when rookie's or even rental players know this, they won't be giving the Seattle Seahawks organization 100% effort.

Mad Dog

Reaction score

RB's only get long TD scores in crunch time when teams are running a light box because they are worried about your passing game.
It's a team game and Geno is excelling at taking what defenses are giving and avoiding the hero ball mentality. We've seen how hero ball can fail spectacularly by a certain other QB who won't be named.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RB's only get long TD scores in crunch time when teams are running a light box because they are worried about your passing game.
It's a team game and Geno is excelling at taking what defenses are giving and avoiding the hero ball mentality. We've seen how hero ball can fail spectacularly by a certain other QB who won't be named.
Absolutely true point. Both of Penny's long TDs vs the Lions caught the Lions in a blitz, trying to pressure and sack Geno. We know Pete is a fan of balance.

I was trying to also give Geno credit for Walker's 69 yard TD vs the Saints, but on further review it was mostly an amazing play by the rook against a stacked box from a run formation; at point of attack, the Saints had it stuffed. Geno still gets some credit because DK drew coverage on one side and Lockett drew attention on the other side as well, that helped provide that opening in the middle. Guys held their blocks on the backside and Walker made some brilliant cuts.

Rainger

Reaction score
I do agree with the trade Geno, but there's no teams in the NFL that would want Geno.

He excell's with a good running game, at least he doesn't need to throw the ball to win games.
Also he's not a QB that would win games if you were in a hole 17-0, 20-0. Just like Cooper Rush.

But the main problem why I don't like Geno is that even with the Hawks winning more than 3 games this season, Let's say they win 8-10 games, he would want a fair contract that is about 25mill per year. multi-contract.

Everyone knows that the Hawks organization doesn't give fair contracts to it's players. And when rookie's or even rental players know this, they won't be giving the Seattle Seahawks organization 100% effort.
OMG 200

olyfan63

Reaction score
I didn't pass anything off as my response. Those were not words. Quit trolling. Ain't got time for childish BS.

Go try getting an education before you roll into somewhere and tell someone falsely that they cannot comprehend written English when you clearly don't know how to read an Internet forum appropriately.

FOH. Ignore button yet again here. The number of you knuckleheads I've had to use that on its way too high. Nonetheless you trolls get out what you put in. Later.
Ever stop to consider that maybe you're the knucklehead here? Eager to call people trolls? Projection much? Kinda thin-skinned aren't you? You posted a response with link showing someone else's quote that was just weird and out of context. Whatevs, have a nice life. It's just a message board.

olyfan63

Reaction score

Wow, what a mixed bag, some good on-target stuff, and some off-target stuff.

On Target:
Geno's an above-average QB who rarely turns the ball over. (the above-average is new this season)
He is excelling and the strong running game has massively helped. His timely passing has been key in all 3 Seahawk wins.
The Hawks did come back from 2 TDs down in the 4th quarter vs the Saints to take the lead. No QB could overcome the Hawks sucky defense that week.
Yeah, Geno is performing like a 25 mill a year QB.

Off Target:
"Everyone knows that the Hawks organization doesn't give fair contracts to it's players" RUBBISH.
Truth: Hawks love, love, love, guys who massively outperform their contracts. When it's time to pay up or move on, guys who performed either get fair contracts from the Hawks, or they get paid, often overpaid, by another team. Shaq Griffin, anyone? What could be more motivating than knowing you're in a contract year and in line to get a bag (of cash) SOMEWHERE, Seahawks or elsewhere? I submit that Pete gets 100% effort from pretty much everyone. Except, in the past, Russell at times.

If the Seahawks kill it again in the draft this coming year, with their picks and Denver'1 1st&2nd, we'll be looking at a 2012-ish, 2013-ish team, lots of young, hungry, rookie contract players massively overperforming their contracts, and enough cap room to bring in a couple-three difference maker Free Agents. (A healthy Jamal would help) at this point, if Drew Lock can be as good a game manager as Geno and is on a cheap contract, that's the 2012-2013-2014 formula again. But HELL NO, let's not trade Geno THIS YEAR OR NEXT, give him his $25M, and then roll with Lock who by then is signed to a cheap 2-year backup QB contract.

OK, trade Geno for the 2024 season, if all the cards fall into place as described in the preceding paragraph. All depends on whether Lock shows he can provide 90% of more of what Geno is currently doing, and if we can sign him to a team-friendly contract that covers 2024 & 25. A 74 year old Pete becomes oldest SB winning coach, and has a Dick Vermeil crying retirement speech? Love it!

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
Wow, what a mixed bag, some good on-target stuff, and some off-target stuff.

On Target:
Geno's an above-average QB who rarely turns the ball over. (the above-average is new this season)
He is excelling and the strong running game has massively helped. His timely passing has been key in all 3 Seahawk wins.
The Hawks did come back from 2 TDs down in the 4th quarter vs the Saints to take the lead. No QB could overcome the Hawks sucky defense that week.
Yeah, Geno is performing like a 25 mill a year QB.

Off Target:
"Everyone knows that the Hawks organization doesn't give fair contracts to it's players" RUBBISH.
Truth: Hawks love, love, love, guys who massively outperform their contracts. When it's time to pay up or move on, guys who performed either get fair contracts from the Hawks, or they get paid, often overpaid, by another team. Shaq Griffin, anyone? What could be more motivating than knowing you're in a contract year and in line to get a bag (of cash) SOMEWHERE, Seahawks or elsewhere? I submit that Pete gets 100% effort from pretty much everyone. Except, in the past, Russell at times.

If the Seahawks kill it again in the draft this coming year, with their picks and Denver'1 1st&2nd, we'll be looking at a 2012-ish, 2013-ish team, lots of young, hungry, rookie contract players massively overperforming their contracts, and enough cap room to bring in a couple-three difference maker Free Agents. (A healthy Jamal would help) at this point, if Drew Lock can be as good a game manager as Geno and is on a cheap contract, that's the 2012-2013-2014 formula again. But HELL NO, let's not trade Geno THIS YEAR OR NEXT, give him his $25M, and then roll with Lock who by then is signed to a cheap 2-year backup QB contract.

OK, trade Geno for the 2024 season, if all the cards fall into place as described in the preceding paragraph. All depends on whether Lock shows he can provide 90% of more of what Geno is currently doing, and if we can sign him to a team-friendly contract that covers 2024 & 25. A 74 year old Pete becomes oldest SB winning coach, and has a Dick Vermeil crying retirement speech? Love it!
Golden Tate and DJ Reed seems to disagree with you.

Lets use Tate's example. He was always getting better each year, and he would had become a star just like Kupp with Rams. 227, 382, 688, 898.

DJ Reed was making rookie contract earnings the last 2 years he was with the Seahawks, and how much did PC and JS offer him? He said the offer from them was disrespectful.

Rainger

Reaction score
Golden Tate and DJ Reed seems to disagree with you.

Lets use Tate's example. He was always getting better each year, and he would had become a star just like Kupp with Rams. 227, 382, 688, 898.

DJ Reed was making rookie contract earnings the last 2 years he was with the Seahawks, and how much did PC and JS offer him? He said the offer from them was disrespectful.
Crap Tate was let go cause he did RW's wife and got into a fight with team mates over it.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Crap Tate was let go cause he did RW's wife and got into a fight with team mates over it.
He wasn’t let go. His contract was over and they offered him a contract extension and the offer was very less than what he got in Detroit. He didn’t get into a fight and if I remember Harvin was the one that punched him. If you think that the organization gave him a small contract extension because of the factors you posted you’re dead wrong.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Seattle offered something like 2 year 6 mill contract.