Crazy idea, but hear me out. Trade Geno.

Spohawks

Reaction score
The trade deadline is November 1st, 1 month away.

You may say "No team will do it because there is not enough time to feed him the playbook/get used to the new offence".

Hogwash!

We are 4 weeks deep and pretty much every team knows what they have at this point. Plenty of teams think they are a QB away from being a contender (Think Denver during the offseason)

They can cram 2 weeks of playbook down Geno and send him out with what he is comfortable with...and learn on the fly.

A team that thinks they are a QB away would trade big for a 77+% completion rate, 6TD 2 INTs and over a 1000 yards in the first 4 games.

Over a years time thats 4100 yards, 24.5 TDs and 8.5 INTs...that is a solid starter!

After the season is over, the Hawks get nothing for him, getting value out of him now is the smartest move!

So what is a solid starter's trade value who only costs pennies?

2 First rounders? A first, 2nd and 3rd?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The trade deadline is November 1st, 1 month away.

You may say "No team will do it because there is not enough time to feed him the playbook/get used to the new offence".

Hogwash!

We are 4 weeks deep and pretty much every team knows what they have at this point. Plenty of teams think they are a QB away from being a contender (Think Denver during the offseason)

They can cram 2 weeks of playbook down Geno and send him out with what he is comfortable with...and learn on the fly.

A team that thinks they are a QB away would trade big for a 77+% completion rate, 6TD 2 INTs and over a 1000 yards in the first 4 games.

Over a years time thats 4100 yards, 24.5 TDs and 8.5 INTs...that is a solid starter!

After the season is over, the Hawks get nothing for him, getting value out of him now is the smartest move!

So what is a solid starter's trade value who only costs pennies?

2 First rounders? A first, 2nd and 3rd?
I have to assume this is sarcasm

No way this is real....

Rat

Reaction score
I have no problem with selling high, but I can't see him bringing some bounty of picks. Who's going to trade for him? The Panthers have blown enough picks on their current group of QBs, I don't think the Commanders are ready to wave the white flag on Carson Wentz after trading a pair of third-rounders for him, the Browns don't have any good picks to trade, the Bears invested multiple first-round picks on Justin Fields, etc.

I think Geno is worth more to us this season than what he'd draw in a trade.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Who would trade for him? What would they give?

The trade pool is tiny, what the Hawks would get back is pretty much nothing. Especially since Geno is a FA after the season

toffee

Reaction score
ONLY one team I would consider, that team has done so much for us, and may be time for us to reciprocate. If the ownership and GM of that team is sure that they are a QB away from a superbowl season. I will agree to trade Geno to help them out, that team is:

DENVER BRONCOS.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
I have to assume this is sarcasm

No way this is real....
Like Rat said...its simply selling high. We have lock to step in and many (not me) think this season is a wash and we are really gearing up for next year.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
In the NFL, they can trade 3 years out...just about every team has those picks still.

KinesProf

Reaction score
No team that doesn't have currently have their QB is a Geno away from contention.

chrispy

Reaction score
Geno would just drive the market for Cooper Rush when Dak comes back. Seahawks will get more draft capital by managing FAs and receiving a 3rd rd comp pick if he leaves. More likely, there's a 3 way competition this off-season and one of those 3 is Geno. If there's a market, JS is on top of it I trust.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
Dream on. This is not real and not happening.
Its a thing and Brett Farve was apart of it.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
A decision like that would basically signal to the entire team that they would be tanking the season. Not sure that's the type of message the FO and coaching staff wants to send.

gmor

Reaction score
I have no problem with selling high, but I can't see him bringing some bounty of picks. Who's going to trade for him? The Panthers have blown enough picks on their current group of QBs, I don't think the Commanders are ready to wave the white flag on Carson Wentz after trading a pair of third-rounders for him, the Browns don't have any good picks to trade, the Bears invested multiple first-round picks on Justin Fields, etc.

I think Geno is worth more to us this season than what he'd draw in a trade.
I agree. Geno is a pleasant surprise. He's doing better with more opportunity. If the opening is there to get some high draft picks, it should be considered.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
A decision like that would basically signal to the entire team that they would be tanking the season. Not sure that's the type of message the FO and coaching staff wants to send.
Tanking might be reaching a little. Before the season started everyone was 50/50 on who would start.

If Lock started and played out the season...would have anyone been shocked? No.

Lock started for Denver last year so its not like throwing a 3rd string guy in.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I agree. Geno is a pleasant surprise. He's doing better with more opportunity. If the opening is there to get some high draft picks, it should be considered.
There would be NO HIGH DRAFT PICKS FOR GENO

Seahawker

Reaction score
How about we trade the next defensive player that misses a tackle and keep Geno?
I kinda' like this 6' 3", 77 completion %, late blooming, blue collar package that GS brings.
Could be an interesting season with much to build on in 23'.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
There would be NO HIGH DRAFT PICKS FOR GENO
2 years out? 3 years out? Yes, there is plenty of high draft picks to be had for a guy who will be benched next year for the QB of the future.