Cross, Adams & Morris OUT @ Lions

kidhawk

Reaction score

Cross, Adams and Morris are ruled out for Sunday.

Bush and Mafe are listed as questionable, so we will have to wait and see.

Good news is Witherspoon looks good to go this week.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Are we seriously thinking Adams will ever be a factor for us or anyone else again? Am I misunderstanding what his injury actually was like Grandpa Pete?

Whether he'll get back to where he was before is a huge question, but it doesn't really matter, because with his contract, we're better off with a 75% Adams than letting him go. It's worth it to wait and see what he can give us while his contract plays out.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Do we know if Witherspoon is going to start? Is Forsythe?

Pete doesn't usually like to say his gameplan for stuff like that, but I believe that Witherspoon will be our nickel corner so starting will depend on the package we come out on defense with.

As for Forsythe, that is the running assumption, as he has more time in our system, but i don't think any of us really know how any of the new guys were looking in practice. I just hope that Waldron has built in some help in the blocking schemes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Are we seriously thinking Adams will ever be a a factor for us or anyone else again? Am I misunderstanding what his injury actually was like Grandpa Pete?

Whether he'll get back to where he was before is a huge question, but it doesn't really matter, because with his contract, we're better off with a 75% Adams than letting him go. It's worth it to wait and see what he can give us while his contract plays out.
Ok, but am I free to still disagree and want Pete/JS fired and sent to the corner of Hell where you always compete...what a bunch of bullshit. You guys really need to see what a franchise quarterback does for an entire franchise and city and that isn't Russell Wilson at all. **** Pete and JS get out already they knew what they needed to do already those checked out *******.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score

Cross, Adams and Morris are ruled out for Sunday.

Bush and Mafe are listed as questionable, so we will have to wait and see.

Good news is Witherspoon looks good to go this week.
I still don't understand why Pete didn't put Adams on IR to start the season and bring him back after our bye.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I assume they believe he'll be ready to play by week 4 otherwise it was a waste.
I have a suspicion that I have absolutely no evidence to support. IMO Pete is so focused on salvaging this trade and resigning that he's making decisions that he normally wouldn't make if it were any other player. He's trying to save face.

hoxrox

Reaction score
JA was a limited participant in in practice this week. They typically don't like to play someone until they are full participant.

Unless there is a setback, I think he'll be ready to go next week.

rjdriver

Reaction score
JA was a limited participant in in practice this week. They typically don't like to play someone until they are full participant.

Unless there is a setback, I think he'll be ready to go next week.

He will be. He's the Lou Gehrig of our time!

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Are we seriously thinking Adams will ever be a factor for us or anyone else again? Am I misunderstanding what his injury actually was like Grandpa Pete?
I wish we would just cut this/these dude/s loose (Pete and Adams). What a joke Adams has been… seriously, what do they think he’s bringing at this point?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Ok, but am I free to still disagree and want Pete/JS fired and sent to the corner of Hell where you always compete...what a bunch of bullshit. You guys really need to see what a franchise quarterback does for an entire franchise and city and that isn't Russell Wilson at all. **** Pete and JS get out already they knew what they needed to do already those checked out *******.
Supported.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Whenever the fire Pete talk comes up I always ask “if you fire Pete who is your replacement ?” and will the team be blown up? Hawks have a lot of good young talent

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I still don't understand why Pete didn't put Adams on IR to start the season and bring him back after our bye.
It's allowing him to play full speed in the 3rd week of the season versus waiting till week 5 to start playing him at game speed reps during practice.

And it hasn't really hurt the roster keeping him considering all our 53 man cuts were available to sign to the practice squad.