Cross, Adams & Morris OUT @ Lions

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have a suspicion that I have absolutely no evidence to support. IMO Pete is so focused on salvaging this trade and resigning that he's making decisions that he normally wouldn't make if it were any other player. He's trying to save face.
I hate being a conspirator but I kind of agree. Hated it then and I hate it now. The fact we have almost 60 million tied up in safeties when we can’t generate a consistent pass rush and haven’t for years is truly bizarre. I love Pete Carroll but he will go down as the most unique coach I’ve ever seen. An all time great in some areas and truly baffling blind spots at other times.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Somewhere, in a home located on a rural street in Auburn Hills Michigan, Aidan Hutchinson just got an erection.
He didn't even have time to get hard. He just made sloppyfloppy jizzums.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
I have a suspicion that I have absolutely no evidence to support. IMO Pete is so focused on salvaging this trade and resigning that he's making decisions that he normally wouldn't make if it were any other player. He's trying to save face.
Yes and no. Adams' contract is so outrageous that even if he comes back only one week earlier than if he had gone on IR it makes a huge difference in terms of getting something in return for the salary. No other players who could've gone on IR make enough to really matter.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Witherspoon is a full go, and Stone is now the de facto starter unless they want to put one of our ps acquisitions there.
Was more curious as to whether Spoon will start over Bryant. And if Peters was going to be pressed into duty over Forsythe.

It wasn't clear if Spoon won the nickel spot in pre-season since he got hurt, and we've seen enough of Forsythe to know Peters for 4 games should be a safer option.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yes and no. Adams' contract is so outrageous that even if he comes back only one week earlier than if he had gone on IR it makes a huge difference in terms of getting something in return for the salary. No other players who could've gone on IR make enough to really matter.
That's the problem I'm having. I suspect that Pete is using a non-football related factor to make a decision regarding whether or not it would be best for the team to place a player on IR. Rather than trying to "get something in return for his salary", it should be purely about what would help the team win games. Financial considerations should not enter into the decision-making process.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
That wasn't known when Pete decided not to put Adams on IR. He got lucky.
Coaches and GMs have a good idea of who they may lose to waiver claims. They made an educated decision and it worked out as they thought it would. I don't know how you can blame them for getting it right lol

RiverDog

Reaction score
Coaches and GMs have a good idea of who they may lose to waiver claims. They made an educated decision and it worked out as they thought it would. I don't know how you can blame them for getting it right lol
There's too many variables, particularly injuries, to make a credible educated guess. They got lucky.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I still don't understand why Pete didn't put Adams on IR to start the season and bring him back after our bye.
I dunno - PC has been a bit schizo on a couple of players this year - Adams in particular.

One week we're getting training montages posted - he's back! He's meaner and stronger than we've ever seen!!! He's coming!!!

Then it's: "Well, gotta take it easy, do the right thing, go slow - you know - big feather bed with pillows".

Which is it? If he's ready to go and he's a beast - then start him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I dunno - PC has been a bit schizo on a couple of players this year - Adams in particular.

One week we're getting training montages posted - he's back! He's meaner and stronger than we've ever seen!!! He's coming!!!

Then it's: "Well, gotta take it easy, do the right thing, go slow - you know - big feather bed with pillows".

Which is it? If he's ready to go and he's a beast - then start him.
Yeah, that's typical Pete. He has this knack for painting a smiley face on the direst of circumstances, particularly with Adams. To hear Pete tell it, the Adams trade and subsequent resigning was the biggest boon for Seahawk football in franchise history.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
There's too many variables, particularly injuries, to make a credible educated guess. They got lucky.
Every player on the practice squad is still eligible to sign to another team. Do you consider them lucky each week a team doesn't sign one of them?

Perhaps they just aren't good enough to be kept on a 53 man roster which is why Pete and John cut them. It's not luck knowing your own roster and who isn't worth worry about losing to another team.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Whenever the fire Pete talk comes up I always ask “if you fire Pete who is your replacement ?” and will the team be blown up? Hawks have a lot of good young talent

Dan Quinn would be my choice right now. He did get the Falcons to a SB as a HC which is pretty good. Hopefully he's learned a few more tricks since then.

I'm ready to move on from Pete and take the consequences. I can't stand his defensive philosophy any more. It makes being a STH an annoyance rather than a joy. Imagine screaming for 10+ play drives and the defense never rises to the occasion. eventually you just feel like giving up.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Dan Quinn would be my choice right now. He did get the Falcons to a SB as a HC which is pretty good. Hopefully he's learned a few more tricks since then.

I'm ready to move on from Pete and take the consequences. I can't stand his defensive philosophy any more. It makes being a STH an annoyance rather than a joy. Imagine screaming for 10+ play drives and the defense never rises to the occasion. eventually you just feel like giving up.
To add... other than the LOB which some players were already there. Quinn built a stout defense/well rounded team in Atl. And Quinn has a very stout no-bs defense in Dallas. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Quinn.

Id honestly be interested to see how a Quinn/JS combo would be tbh.

Jville

Reaction score

Cross, Adams and Morris are ruled out for Sunday.

Bush and Mafe are listed as questionable, so we will have to wait and see.

Good news is Witherspoon looks good to go this week.

If there is a silver lining to injuries, it's that fans get to witness roster churn resulting in different player combinations combined with weekly game plans all of which presents a unique football spectacle each week.

The evolving 2023 story continues.

Jville

Reaction score
Great to read they are proceeding carefully with Jordyn Brooks. Such a quick rehab. Apparenty he'll play again on Sunday.

Not to be overshadowed, Jordyn appears to be on his way to writing a great come back story.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Whenever the fire Pete talk comes up I always ask “if you fire Pete who is your replacement ?” and will the team be blown up? Hawks have a lot of good young talent
I really don't believe that they give a sh*t about the team maybe going into the toilet, just so long as it ain't Pete blowing sh*t up, that way, they have a whole new HC to get p*ssed off about.
Snivelers gunna Snivel cuz that's all they got.