Cross, Adams & Morris OUT @ Lions

RiverDog

Reaction score
I really don't believe that they give a sh*t about the team maybe going into the toilet, just so long as it ain't Pete blowing sh*t up, that way, they have a whole new HC to get p*ssed off about.
Snivelers gunna Snivel cuz that's all they got.
So anyone that disagrees with you about Pete is a sniveler? Got it! Hand me the Kleenex.

No team that fires a coach, which almost always includes most, if not all, of his coaching staff at the same time, has their replacement ready to sign on the dotted line. When we fired Dennis Erickson, we didn't know that we'd be able to hire Mike Holgren. When we fired Jim Mora, we didn't have Pete warming up in the bull pen. The team conducts a talent search.

When you fire a head coach, it's always a roll of the dice. A team could end up like the Browns or the Lions, or they could end up like the Eagles or Chiefs.

Speaking of Eagles, they fired a coach who undoubtedly is a future HOF'er in Andy Reid, who compiled a 130-93-1 regular season record/9-8 playoffs (not too much different than Pete's 128-81/ 10-9 record with us) and in 5 years after a failed Chip Kelly experiment, the Eagles were hoisting their first Lombardi, fired that coach, then in another 3 years, were in the SB again.

I'm not advocating that we fire Pete, and certainly not at this point in the season. Suffice it to say that I am not satisfied with our performance over the past 7 years.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I honestly think the Russell Wilson situation held this team back. They chose to ride with #3 and that all time great defense deteriorated over time.
I bet Pete Carroll will have them deep in the tournament within 2 years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So anyone that disagrees with you about Pete is a sniveler? Got it! Hand me the Kleenex.

No team that fires a coach, which almost always includes most, if not all, of his coaching staff at the same time, has their replacement ready to sign on the dotted line. When we fired Dennis Erickson, we didn't know that we'd be able to hire Mike Holgren. When we fired Jim Mora, we didn't have Pete warming up in the bull pen. The team conducts a talent search.

When you fire a head coach, it's always a roll of the dice. A team could end up like the Browns or the Lions, or they could end up like the Eagles or Chiefs.

Speaking of Eagles, they fired a coach who undoubtedly is a future HOF'er in Andy Reid, who compiled a 130-93-1 regular season record/9-8 playoffs (not too much different than Pete's 128-81/ 10-9 record with us) and in 5 years after a failed Chip Kelly experiment, the Eagles were hoisting their first Lombardi, fired that coach, then in another 3 years, were in the SB again.

I'm not advocating that we fire Pete, and certainly not at this point in the season. Suffice it to say that I am not satisfied with our performance over the past 7 years.
Hence I want major change but the key is you must make a decision on your QotF. Ried is suddenly the shizzit because of Mahomes and Pederson is suddenly relevant again same reason....I'm thinking you better get lucky and draft a Purdy in the last round or get the **** serious and target who you want like Andy and just grow a set trade up and stop overpaying safeties full stop no pass go.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I honestly think the Russell Wilson situation held this team back. They chose to ride with #3 and that all time great defense deteriorated over time.
I bet within 2 years he's retired and if the new ownership isn't serious it will be the 1990's 2.0. You are completely correct about RW though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

That great defense was gone in 2015. Wilson kept the team afloat for years.

I highly doubt the team will ever make it past the 2nd round as long as Pete is here.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I bet within 2 years he's retired and if the new ownership isn't serious it will be the 1990's 2.0. You are completely correct about RW though.

Yeah 2025 will be his last season. I believe Jody has to sell by then if i'm not mistaken.

morgulon1

Reaction score
That great defense was gone in 2015. Wilson kept the team afloat for years.

I highly doubt the team will ever make it past the 2nd round as long as Pete is here.
I think you might be a troll. Or John63 .
You come out of nowhere and take the opposite stance of whoever makes a post. Sure , you have that right but dang dude..

Is it fun?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't like discussing possible coaching changes in Week 3. It's a distraction that we as fans have a role in creating.

But I will say that I agree with @pittpnthrs, sort of. I'll just back it up a couple of years. We were ranked 2nd and 5th in 2015 and 2016 respectively. It wasn't until 2017 that the demise of the LOB became apparent. From then on, we were ranked 11th, 16th, 26th, 22nd, 28th, and 26th, and although it's just two games, so far this season, we're ranked 31st. It's that kind of performance from a defensive-minded coach, arguably one of the best defensive minds of his generation, that has soured me on him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think you might be a troll. Or John63 .
You come out of nowhere and take the opposite stance of whoever makes a post. Sure , you have that right but dang dude..

Is it fun?

Lol. I've had the same stance since i've joined. You stated before that they chose to ride with Wilson which caused that great defense to deteriorate. I said that great defense was done after 2014 when the Super Bowl was lost and they quit buying in and they became bitter and egotistical.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't like discussing possible coaching changes in Week 3. It's a distraction that we as fans have a role in creating.

But I will say that I agree with @pittpnthrs, sort of. I'll just back it up a couple of years. We were ranked 2nd and 5th in 2015 and 2016 respectively. It wasn't until 2017 that the demise of the LOB became apparent. From then on, we were ranked 11th, 16th, 26th, 22nd, 28th, and 26th, and although it's just two games, so far this season, we're ranked 31st. It's that kind of performance from a defensive-minded coach, arguably one of the best defensive minds of his generation, that has soured me on him.
His generation hon you follow? I live in Kansas City I'm forced to watch this generation's Tom Brady unless Purdy is really for real. Either way Kansas City or San Francisco never would pay any safety oner 10 million

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
His generation hon you follow? I live in Kansas City I'm forced to watch this generation's Tom Brady unless Purdy is really for real. Either way Kansas City or San Francisco never would pay any safety oner 10 million
Oh, I agree. And I'll add that they wouldn't pay two wide receivers $24M, either, which is why the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill instead of coughing up $120M over 4 years, something that we should have done with Metcalf.

Of our top 4 highest paid players, two are safeties and two are wide receivers. We have 25% of our entire payroll tied up in wide receivers and safeties. And we wonder why we can't get pressure on the quarterback.

But that's diving into the details and really wasn't the point I was making. I was looking at Pete's overall defense these past 7 years. It's supposed to be his long suit, and all he's done to correct it is to throw a couple of DCs into the volcano hoping to pacify the football Gods.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Lol. I've had the same stance since i've joined. You stated before that they chose to ride with Wilson which caused that great defense to deteriorate. I said that great defense was done after 2014 when the Super Bowl was lost and they quit buying in and they became bitter and egotistical.
Yes , Carroll picked a side . The defense gets older , Avril and Chancellor hurt their necks , ET thing happened. They get old , leave for more money etc..

I just got home , did you get a chance to see what happened with Russell and the Broncos of Denver ?!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yes , Carroll picked a side . The defense gets older , Avril and Chancellor hurt their necks , ET thing happened. They get old , leave for more money etc..

I just got home , did you get a chance to see what happened with Russell and the Broncos of Denver ?!

Yeah I saw Russell threw for over 300 yards and a defense that couldnt stop the #1 ranked offense in the league. Why? Were you trying to make a point?