Current roster

McGruff

Reaction score
raisethe3":2wlis2y8 said:
4 TE?! Also why aren't there any back-up for Mike Morgan (SLB) and Germain Ifedi (RG)? You better hope those guys doesn't get hurt. I like the fact that the Seahawks are stocking up the secondary. Don't want to go in Super Bowl 49 mode, where our players were injured and the lack of depth was short. I would've eliminated that 4th TE and get a back up at RG behind Ifedi just to be safe. Also no fullback, kind of surprised me. I mean the Hawks always have at least 1 fullback, every season. I am guessing they trust/feel confident in their OL more now?

What's nice is the amount of rookies we have here on this team. I guess this is a way of staying "cheap" at the same time reloading players?

WitH Ifedi, Odhiambo, Britt and Webb have all played RG should there be a siautuion there.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2qb4mu8q said:
McGruff":2qb4mu8q said:
TwistedHusky":2qb4mu8q said:
Schneider is reading too many of his press clippings and it is starting to show.

There were some moron moves this year in these choices.

"If they didn't do what I wanted they must be morons!"

Twisted you're taking this a little hard today. I suggest a walk and possibly a drink later. Lets see what the roster looks like in a week. :shock:

:lol: agreed. Husky, cool your jets. I'm not a fan of some of these cuts, but the coaches and Schneider have a track record that prove they know what they're doing. Besides, most of the questionable cuts were just special teams and depth. Starting lineup is very solid

Jerhawk

Reaction score
randomation":25qihwst said:
Like it only issue I have is keeping Collins over Pope.

Exactly. Fairly obvious Schneider didn't check the results of our Pope v. Collins poll here on .net. Pope won in a landslide

Fade

Reaction score
Tharold Simon. Why won't you go away!?

What a waste of space.

Collins over Pope is a bummer, but we're talking about the 4th RB on the roster here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You don't have a problem with keeping Simon over Burley?

That's worse than cutting Pope.

Sure Collins is about as useful as a fishnet condom, but all he costs you is a roster slot. Same with CJ.

But losing effective corners hurts you in GAMES. (note the S...that means more than one)

We lose corners to injury all the time, we struggle with the shifty smaller receivers until we put Burley on them.

Now they are going to violate us, repeatedly.

Schneider just added 1-2 extra losses to this team this year based on the moves he made.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":2f1rx83e said:
Tharold Simon. Why won't you go away!?

What a waste of space.

Collins over Pope is a bummer, but we're talking about the 4th RB on the roster here.

Actually your talking about the third RB, Prosise is more WR that can play RB.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":tpis5s8i said:
Schneider is reading too many of his press clippings and it is starting to show.

Every year a bunch of fans always doubt pcjs, as if they know better. I think their track record speaks for itself.

McGruff

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":22qvcuhh said:

Sure Collins is about as useful as a fishnet condom, but all he costs you is a roster slot. Same with CJ.

But losing effective corners hurts you in GAMES. (note the S...that means more than one)

We lose corners to injury all the time, we struggle with the shifty smaller receivers until we put Burley on them.

Schneider just added 1-2 extra losses to this team this year based on the moves he made.

Simon is the one I really don't get. At all. Just hoping they don't use him much as the 4th corner.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":kmq4g0vc said:

I'm beyond confused that the "humble thug" is still here as well. Burley showed he belonged with his strong play while we had him. Something Simon has NEVER shown. I've never liked Simon. He's definitely worn out his welcome. It's Walter Thurmond all over again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":ki4ffj56 said:
TwistedHusky":ki4ffj56 said:

Every year a bunch of fans always doubt pcjs, as if they know better. I think their track record speaks for itself.

There is also the fact John and Pete have said they have done things and got too cute or over thought things. Where we have not been at practice we can see on field production on game days. This is why there is doubt and head scratching, keeping future potential on the roster because the Browns snagged someone once, or stacking up on Safeties to sort out special teams that should have been done already while cutting CB's that have helped and making that position thin, not picking up a Linebacker when your thin, cutting the most explosive RB you have on your roster that out performed all you had for 4 games as well as the other rookies you drafted.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":2b11b8sd said:
Jimjones0384":2b11b8sd said:
TwistedHusky":2b11b8sd said:

There is also the fact John and Pete have said they have done things and got too cute or over thought things. Where we have not been at practice we can see on field production on game days. This is why there is doubt and head scratching, keeping future potential on the roster because the Browns snagged someone once, or stacking up on Safeties to sort out special teams that should have been done already while cutting CB's that have helped and making that position thin, not picking up a Linebacker when your thin, cutting the most explosive RB you have on your roster that out performed all you had for 4 games as well as the other rookies you drafted.

That pretty much sums it up. /thread

Reaction score
So did Kenny Lawler make the cut? I dont see any info on him hes not listed on being cut on nfl.com. Oh never mind I see it he did get cut on the official Seahawks.com probably will make ps if he clears waivers.

kearly

Reaction score
I liked that Fant and Elliot made it. Didn't Elliot get carted off the field in game 4? I guess his injury wasn't serious.

Montana's pessimism won the day with Collins v. Pope. I'm not pessimistic all that often, but when I do get that pessimist feeling it is almost always right, and I shared a brain with Montana on this one. Honestly, if our run game were constructed differently I would completely support the move, but unfortunately I just see Collins as a repeat of the Turbin scheme mismatch mistake. The other 31 teams would have to be brain dead to let Pope clear waivers, but who knows... stranger things have happened.

I hate that Nolan Freese made it. I get that he adds an extra dimension to our special teams but the damage of a bad snap outweighs the benefit of a slightly earlier tackle, and it's not like our coverage unit was hurting. We already remember from the Tim Ruskell days how much damage a bad long snapper can do, it can easily cost you a close game. It's maddening to see that PC/JS still haven't kicked their bad habit of getting too "cute" with their decisions.

Really surprised Tuku didn't make it, but it might just be that they are going to open the season with a lot of single back sets and see how it goes before calling him back later. Tuku is unlikely to be signed elsewhere, so they are kind of using him like a 54th spot on the roster. It's weird, but I don't mind it.

And it's pretty ironic, considering that Seattle actually kept TWO fullbacks last year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Burley getting cut confuses me, I am over Simon. Burley was cut with an injury designation, wonder what that is all about.....

kearly

Reaction score
So... two-thirds of our depth at corner is Simon and Powell? Yeah that's not scary or anything...

Elliot sure looked good in game four. I hope he's for real because we are going to need him.

Seafan

Reaction score
kearly":9idipkc7 said:
So... two-thirds of our depth at corner is Simon and Powell? Yeah that's not scary or anything...

Elliot sure looked good in game four. I hope he's for real because we are going to need him.

Not sure how you are figuring that. The team is carrying 5 CBs. Shead, Lane, Sherman, Elliott, Simon and Powell. Terrell has also played there. Depth at CB is not a problem.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Terrell sucks.

We keep him because he is a guy we think can play corner or safety. And he can do both, completely mediocre as possible.

ST is important but not important enough to sacrifice your defensive ability for it.

We are rapidly changing into the Steelers, a team known for defense that put an all everything offense together but couldn't stop a beach football offense with that defense.

We lost one SB because we didn't have Burley, the one CB we had that did best with the small shifty receivers.

But we do have 7 safeties, including some guy not good enough to make the 49ers roster but good enough to stick here? Sure.

The fact that we are willing to sacrifice fundamentals to get some cute advantage that we will probably screw up (this kind of move is more the thing that the Rams coach pulls....cute tricks on ST that don't matter as far as the scoreboard) shows me that this FO is getting a bit too cute and bit too full of itself, right as the rest of the teams are catching up if not passing us.

But don't worry. They won 3 years ago with completely different guys, even if stupid decisions have hurt them 2 years in a row.

At this point, it does not matter. We got what we got. Stupid but we are stuck with it.

What we did is make ourselves a much easier team for teams with elite QBs to beat. So some of the impact of these decisions won't be seen for a bit, since not every team has an elite QB. But the ones that do, are going to gut us like a fish.

I am not worried about our 5th string RB, I am worried about our defense.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I trust our decision makers to come up with a plan that will keep our defense at an elite level.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jjf7zp7 said:
Terrell sucks.

We keep him because he is a guy we think can play corner or safety. And he can do both, completely mediocre as possible.

ST is important but not important enough to sacrifice your defensive ability for it.

We are rapidly changing into the Steelers, a team known for defense that put an all everything offense together but couldn't stop a beach football offense with that defense.

We lost one SB because we didn't have Burley, the one CB we had that did best with the small shifty receivers.

But we do have 7 safeties, including some guy not good enough to make the 49ers roster but good enough to stick here? Sure.

The fact that we are willing to sacrifice fundamentals to get some cute advantage that we will probably screw up (this kind of move is more the thing that the Rams coach pulls....cute tricks on ST that don't matter as far as the scoreboard) shows me that this FO is getting a bit too cute and bit too full of itself, right as the rest of the teams are catching up if not passing us.

But don't worry. They won 3 years ago with completely different guys, even if stupid decisions have hurt them 2 years in a row.

At this point, it does not matter. We got what we got. Stupid but we are stuck with it.

What we did is make ourselves a much easier team for teams with elite QBs to beat. So some of the impact of these decisions won't be seen for a bit, since not every team has an elite QB. But the ones that do, are going to gut us like a fish.

I am not worried about our 5th string RB, I am worried about our defense.
Man, you're on a roll keep it up. That crow better taste good because it's coming right at you like a bullet train.

Latest posts