Current roster

kearly

Reaction score
Fade":3h7d1ugw said:
Collins over Pope is a bummer, but we're talking about the 4th RB on the roster here.

For me it is mostly that we're going to need a good #2 RB after C-Mike bolts in FA next year.

Procise and Collins aren't completely without talent, but they have looked pretty ineffective in our system. Pope fit the system like a glove and looked like mini-Rawls. It's true that in the short term this isn't a big deal, but looking ahead I think we could really end up regretting losing Pope when we need a #2 RB next year.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2jirpff1 said:
I suspect PCJS just see his talent and even his intensity as redundant, which is less a diss on him and more of a compliment to Rawls and Michael. And since we've got another Pope in Rawls, PCJS figures, why not try Collins and see if we can diversity our RB portfolio even more?

It's certainly possible that this factored into their reasoning. That said, I disagree with the logic. While it's true that Pope is redundant with Rawls and Michael as of today, that redundancy goes out the window as soon as Rawls gets hurt, or next offseason when C-Mike gets a contract from a different team in free agency.

Procise and Collins are essentially being redshirted themselves. If you are going to redshirt, might as well redshirt the best players.

dogorama

Reaction score
kearly":f5gelh4z said:
MontanaHawk05":f5gelh4z said:
I suspect PCJS just see his talent and even his intensity as redundant, which is less a diss on him and more of a compliment to Rawls and Michael. And since we've got another Pope in Rawls, PCJS figures, why not try Collins and see if we can diversity our RB portfolio even more?

It's certainly possible that this factored into their reasoning. That said, I disagree with the logic. While it's true that Pope is redundant with Rawls and Michael as of today, that redundancy goes out the window as soon as Rawls gets hurt, or next offseason when C-Mike gets a contract from a different team in free agency.

Procise and Collins are essentially being redshirted themselves. If you are going to redshirt, might as well redshirt the best players.

Hear what you are saying but I don't think that Pope is like Rawls and Michael. Both of those players have shown that they can catch balls out of the backfield and pass block, Pope has not and his draft profile lists him as lacking in those areas. AC brings a fuller compliment of skills. That, I believe, is the reasoning behind his release.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Simon is Richard Sherman's pet project.....Sherman clearly is in his corner and wants to see him get a 2nd contract and the only way that happens, is if Simon gets his act together and stops getting beaten like a drum here.

I think we will see Sherman matching up against other WR's more often, if you noticed, he did trail a WR in motion away from his normal position, while Shead played the RCB position....Simon wasn't on the field, but the depth of the defense is significantly more balanced if you let Sherman trail a Jordy Nelson or Kelvin Benjamin and let Simon isolate on the RCB position. It would allow Sherman to really tutor Simon by getting more reps in that position, where he gets safety help and has the sidelines as a 2nd/3rd defender.

I think Pete is going to ask a little more in certain games from Sherman, I think Simon can control the boundary vs the slot, where he's too slow and not smart enough as a player, to understand what offensive coordinators are looking to do to him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am not upset (well disappointed but not upset) about them not keeping Pope. It happens.

It will probably bite us in the *ss if bad Michael comes back or we need a KR, but it won't kill us.

I am upset that they are keeping 2 absolute pieces of garbage (not as people, I am sure they are wonderful human beings - but as football players they are trash) on offense that have contributed zero when we desperately need to shore up depth on the defense.

2 useless guys taking up slots for someone that could be useful at a time we need so much in so many places?

Dumb.

dogorama

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3j5xmeyc said:
I am not upset (well disappointed but not upset) about them not keeping Pope. It happens.

It will probably bite us in the *ss if bad Michael comes back or we need a KR, but it won't kill us.

I am upset that they are keeping 2 absolute pieces of garbage (not as people, I am sure they are wonderful human beings - but as football players they are trash) on offense that have contributed zero when we desperately need to shore up depth on the defense.

2 useless guys taking up slots for someone that could be useful at a time we need so much in so many places?

Dumb.

While all that may be true, it doesn't change the fact that John Ross is the fastest human being west of the Pecos.

See how I did that? heh heh

Sealake80

Reaction score
Tharold Simon coming back from injury? Right? Hopefully it's just taking while to get back to where he shines. I see a lot of people talking bad about him here... but I still got my fingers crossed. Anyone.... besides Sherman... think he'll still put it all together?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2yq631zj said:
TwistedHusky":2yq631zj said:
You don't have a problem with keeping Simon over Burley?

That's worse than cutting Pope.

Sure Collins is about as useful as a fishnet condom, but all he costs you is a roster slot. Same with CJ.

But losing effective corners hurts you in GAMES. (note the S...that means more than one)

We lose corners to injury all the time, we struggle with the shifty smaller receivers until we put Burley on them.

Now they are going to violate us, repeatedly.

Schneider just added 1-2 extra losses to this team this year based on the moves he made.
I'm beyond confused that the "humble thug" is still here as well. Burley showed he belonged with his strong play while we had him. Something Simon has NEVER shown. I've never liked Simon. He's definitely worn out his welcome. It's Walter Thurmond all over again.

For the last time, add nauseum, Burley was waived INJURED.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anyone remembers Stephen Williams in preseason, he wasn't a rookie but he was great in those games and had crazy stats. I know alot of fans were excited at the prospect of him being good for us. We kept him for 4 regular season games where he didn't make a catch. Bruce Irvin came back from suspension and Williams was booted out. He went to the Jaguars where he didn't do anything and now is out of the league. That same year we won the Superbowl.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Only move im headscratching at is Burley being cut and Simon staying.

Not too worried about Pope. If Rawls and Michael go down we have bigger problems to worry about than 4th choice rb. Im willing to give alex collins and prosise to develop in the system.

No fb is weird. Wonder if they bring back tukuafu in a few weeks.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarkdominikESPN/status/772825151591346177[/tweet]
........ so ....... rosters are still very fluid.

Latest posts