Dallas - GB

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
This game was NFL Holdathon

IDK if you guys were watching the OL play on that throw by Rodgers but the C and RG both latch onto the DT. One of them hooks him from behind and the other tackles him down lol. It would be more infuritating if it wasnt just expected

Cyrus12

Reaction score
have hated the boys since their runs in the nineties...all that americas team bullshit was sickening...and yes jerry jones is a media whore. love watching them blow it all the time.

evergreen

Reaction score
Rat":9lv5t7lj said:
There was way too much time left for the Cowboys to have spiked it on first down.

This! What a monumental mistake! it's double edged too. It cost them a play that may have extended their drive. And it saved time for GB. Ouch...

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2qm4rjhf said:
This is why I dont get the hate for the Cowobys especially on here. Seahawks have been FAR FAR...FARRRRRR and away the Superior team since moving back to the NFC. The 49er hate I got with harbaugh, two really good teams, same division but how the heck does everyone hate the cowboys so much when they havent won shit in 20 years...it baffles my mind.

Their fans might be annoying but I find Packers or Patriots fans infinite more annoying with having HOF QB play and being spoiled for 15 or so years. I cannot wait until Brady retires and Rodgers is out of the league. That is why the "failmary" was so satisfying. GB fans can go suck it

LOL I've been asking this question for years but I still wonder why we have so many bandwagon fans in 2017. If you're going to be a bandwagoner, the Cowboys are right there with the Cardinals, Lions, or Bengals in terms of sustained success and should be the last teams anybody should bandwagon. A couple of promising seasons in recent memory but nothing to show for it.

Off the top of my head, since the glory days in the 90's, the Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, Steelers, Ravens, Saints, Giants, Eagles, Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Broncos, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Rams have all had sustained success during that time frame which we have yet to achieve other than a couple of somewhat promising seasons with Romo scattered about a largely mediocre Romo era as a team.

Smellyman

Reaction score
KimboBlubbeus":2jj7qxar said:
WilsonMVP":2jj7qxar said:
This is why I dont get the hate for the Cowobys especially on here. Seahawks have been FAR FAR...FARRRRRR and away the Superior team since moving back to the NFC. The 49er hate I got with harbaugh, two really good teams, same division but how the heck does everyone hate the cowboys so much when they havent won shit in 20 years...it baffles my mind.

Their fans might be annoying but I find Packers or Patriots fans infinite more annoying with having HOF QB play and being spoiled for 15 or so years. I cannot wait until Brady retires and Rodgers is out of the league. That is why the "failmary" was so satisfying. GB fans can go suck it

LOL I've been asking this question for years but I still wonder why we have so many bandwagon fans in 2017. If you're going to be a bandwagoner, the Cowboys are right there with the Cardinals, Lions, or Bengals in terms of sustained success and should be the last teams anybody should bandwagon. A couple of promising seasons in recent memory but nothing to show for it.

Off the top of my head, since the glory days in the 90's, the Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, Steelers, Ravens, Saints, Giants, Eagles, Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Broncos, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Rams have all had sustained success during that time frame which we have yet to achieve other than a couple of somewhat promising seasons with Romo scattered about a largely mediocre Romo era as a team.

Kim Kardashian of the NFL. All the hype for no apparent reason.

There are fools who like Kim Kardashian and those with a brain.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1o3bz61e said:
KimboBlubbeus":1o3bz61e said:
Sports Hernia":1o3bz61e said:
KimboBlubbeus":1o3bz61e said:
Not too disappointed honestly since a rookie quarterback has never taken a team to the Super Bowl for a reason. That and the fact that our defense was garbage made it a tall order despite the having the #1 seed.

Hopefully this will leave a sour taste in their mouths for next season and dear God, we have to get a defensive end. No more taking chances on Greg Hardy/Gregory type players.

As for Green Bay, they're extremely flawed but with Rodgers playing the way he is now, there's no reason they can't win it all. All they need to do is win 2 more games not 10.
I know you probably don't want to hear this from someone that has been talking smack about your fanbase and team at times but....

You are the exception to the rule sir when I talk about "cowboy fans".
You seem to have a pretty realistic view of your team. Don't be a stranger.

No worries, this is what opposing fans should expect when going to other team's boards. I'm surprised when visitors freak out and argue when other teams' fans don't see their team through the same rose colored glasses as they do. For me, it's more fun to post on other boards since seeing the same homer opinion after another gets boring.

I've been a Cowboy fan since the early 00's so I didn't see the glory days. I've only witnessed ineptitude and promising regular seasons followed by postseason collapses every time so I'm naturally cynical as opposed to the usual arrogant Cowboy fan bandwagoner. But I am optimistic though since we have a franchise quarterback moving forward.

I encourage you to work with an annoying loud mouthed cowboy fan sometime then. 8) This cowboy fan in this thread seems level headed and realistic, I wish more were like him, unfortunately most I've run into are not.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
mbtitleist":pdtzei3b said:
Does this whole board do nothing but complain about penalties that are/aren't called?

No. Sometimes, we also like to complain about, and call for the firing of, some of our coaches and coordinators. Perhaps you hadn't noticed?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":34i3cbf7 said:
mbtitleist":34i3cbf7 said:
Does this whole board do nothing but complain about penalties that are/aren't called?

No. Sometimes, we also like to complain about, and call for the firing of, some of our coaches and coordinators. Perhaps you hadn't noticed?
Amen to that Doc, Amen! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Packers are winning it all. Sorry guys, Rodgers is on another planet right now.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":w271g4x2 said:
The Packers are winning it all. Sorry guys, Rodgers is on another planet right now.

I can't agree - Falcons have a good shot against them at home as they can put up points. This may be another shootout typical of the last two Cards-Packers playoff games - both shootouts and the last score wins.

retro74

Reaction score
KimboBlubbeus":rifrk656 said:

Still quite a few Cowboys fans over here in the UK from the older generation as they were good when TV first started showing highlights of games. I hated the Giants more though as Parcells used to get right on my nerves

I'd say that the Patriots are the ultimate bandwagon team over here now though, followed by the Seahawks - there are loads of Hawks fans. Not a scientific study though :)

There seems to be a lot of Dolphin's fans too, a result of people going on holiday to Florida I expect

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":4uytkivj said:
Sports Hernia":4uytkivj said:
Hawk-Lock":4uytkivj said:
Interesting that GB is trying to score with a minute left and two timeouts. Yesterday we got the ball with 53 seconds and had all three timeouts and decided to run the clock and go into halftime knowing ATL would get the ball to start the second half.
Agree! GB was lucky though that *allas wasted timeouts "PC style", or Jerruh's kids could have gotten another score before half.

The funny this is....

GB is leading and gets the ball to start the half, and they tried to move the ball down field.

We were down and knew ATL would get the ball to start the half, and we ran out the clock.
GB understands there is no safe lead with that depleted Packer secondary...

ptisme

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2tdbei2h said:
damn...woulda been game if gb put up 7. a brett favre rogers will never be....
Favre isn't in Rodger's league... I've watched every game both of them ever played....

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
Hard to tell who the favorite is at this point. I could see Green Bay winning it, simply due to the fact that Rodgers will keep their team in it regardless of who they play. They look like the 2013 Broncos offense out there.

Of course we all know what happened to that Broncos team but there's no defense remaining that is even on the same planet as that Seattle defense was. So I can't see any remaining team shutting them down. The Atlanta game will likely be another GB-Dal game where whoever has it at the end wins.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":h89pvgxz said:
KimboBlubbeus":h89pvgxz said:
Sports Hernia":h89pvgxz said:
KimboBlubbeus":h89pvgxz said:
Not too disappointed honestly since a rookie quarterback has never taken a team to the Super Bowl for a reason. That and the fact that our defense was garbage made it a tall order despite the having the #1 seed.

Hopefully this will leave a sour taste in their mouths for next season and dear God, we have to get a defensive end. No more taking chances on Greg Hardy/Gregory type players.

As for Green Bay, they're extremely flawed but with Rodgers playing the way he is now, there's no reason they can't win it all. All they need to do is win 2 more games not 10.
I know you probably don't want to hear this from someone that has been talking smack about your fanbase and team at times but....

You are the exception to the rule sir when I talk about "cowboy fans".
You seem to have a pretty realistic view of your team. Don't be a stranger.

No worries, this is what opposing fans should expect when going to other team's boards. I'm surprised when visitors freak out and argue when other teams' fans don't see their team through the same rose colored glasses as they do. For me, it's more fun to post on other boards since seeing the same homer opinion after another gets boring.

I've been a Cowboy fan since the early 00's so I didn't see the glory days. I've only witnessed ineptitude and promising regular seasons followed by postseason collapses every time so I'm naturally cynical as opposed to the usual arrogant Cowboy fan bandwagoner. But I am optimistic though since we have a franchise quarterback moving forward.

The Yankees and Lakers haven't won a title in years.. you still hate them though.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
C2QVVsZWQAAI yQ

NOT HOLDING THOUGH

Shortly after this frame the DT is promptly tackled to the ground as Rodgers rolls out left

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":30bylhs7 said:
C2QVVsZWQAAI yQ

NOT HOLDING THOUGH

Shortly after this frame the DT is promptly tackled to the ground as Rodgers rolls out left
Definitely holding.
Do I feel bad for not caring because it was against *allas? Nope.
8)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":337g0xmn said:
WilsonMVP":337g0xmn said:
C2QVVsZWQAAI yQ

NOT HOLDING THOUGH

Definitely holding.
Do I feel bad for not caring because it was against *allas? Nope.
8)

I still remember the game against the Jags too where the NFL admited they called 16 calls against the Jags....

16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR GOD SAKES how much more obvious can it get...

Fire these refs or get some unbias ones in GB games