Dan Quinn & Mike MacDonald Interviews

Torc

Reaction score
Given their history, I believe that Schneider already knows whether or not he wants Quinn. He's either interviewing him as a courtesy but doesn't intend to hire, or absolutely plans to hire him. Either way he needs to interview multiple candidates anyway.

I just don't know which option it is. :)

I wonder who our Rooney Rule candidates will be.

xray

Reaction score
Dan Quinn would be PC 2.0 , only younger , and without the gum . The organization needs fresh and new . If JS hires Quinn , then it's evident right off the bat , that PC is still whispering in Schneider's ear . imo

hoxrox

Reaction score
Dan Quinn would be PC 2.0 , only younger , and without the gum . The organization needs fresh and new . If JS hires Quinn , then it's evident right off the bat , that PC is still whispering in Schneider's ear . imo
Schneider's a big boy and can make his own decisions. When he hires coach X Y Z, it will be on Schneider and no one else.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
If on Schneider if Quinn turns out to be ATL Quinn without Shannahan. Both will be fired next time.

That said I’m actually surprised Jody isn’t pushing Bieniemy on us..Seems like a hire she would want, just like forcing the Blazers to hire Billups. And now not letting them fire him when it’s clear he’s a terrible HC.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Macdonald & Ben Johnson are the top 2 on my list. This is a good start. Hopefully we hear the name Johnson linked to them in the next couple of days as well.
Same here. I wouldn't be mad at a DQ hire, but I really want to see Ben Johnson here.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
A ludicrous take based on no evidence. Give the man some chance! I'd rather an offensive guy, but it's just stupid to think Quinn is just Pete 2.0.

renofox

Reaction score
DQ's Defense got bitch slapped by the 9ers this year. 42 to something. I don't want that. Besides, I think they are interviewing DQ just to interview him. I believe with the bottom of my heart that Seattle wants McDonald.
Even the Seahawks tore them up.

TD, MissFG, TD, TD, TD, Int, TD, downs, downs, downs... 35 Points.

If the Offense didn't fall apart in the 4th quarter it would have been ~49 points.

DQ has huge talent to work with which, as others have noted, he must have or he will underperform. He won't have that talent for at least a few years in Seattle, and even then only if he makes great player acquisitions.

All the evidence says DQ will get off to a bad start in Seattle. I really, really, really hope he's not the next HC.

JPatera76

Reaction score

If the Offense didn't fall apart in the 4th quarter it would have been ~49 points.

DQ has huge talent to work with which, as others have noted, he must have or he will underperform. He won't have that talent for at least a few years in Seattle, and even then only if he makes great player acquisitions.

All the evidence says DQ will get off to a bad start in Seattle. I really, really, really hope he's not the next HC.

Pete wouyld know Quinns tendencies... as would shanahan sooo its not shocking that former co workers can have an advantage over you. Like Pete over russell.

GemCity

Reaction score

I’m not ready to make that claim but, gotta be honest… I agree.

There’s some goodness to having a Pete protege. Familiarity with the system, city, fanbase, etc…but all of this sits a little close to home.

The thing you said about them having great players on defense - is that due to DQ and his philosophy and scheme(s) or is that due to hitting right in the draft? Not really a question I’m asking but definitely something I’m wondering about.

We definitely hit when we got the LOB.

Are we thinking we can recreate that?

I’m hoping for something new and fresh - Ben Johnson. But, I don’t see him turning down the Washington gig. It’s the perfect scenario for a new HC/prior OC.

I won’t be disappointed if we get DQ. I just don’t know what the advantages would be over keeping PC instead.

With Johnson, it’s clearer as to what those advantages COULD be.

Whatever the case, exciting times ahead.

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
If we get Quinn, don’t expect a new QB anytime soon.

And maybe…that’s the right answer.
That all depends on John and Jody's plans. I'm sure the hiring process will have some influence, but I'm no expert..im just saying even with Quinn, new QB might be a possibility.

GemCity

Reaction score
That all depends on John and Jody's plans. I'm sure the hiring process will have some influence, but I'm no expert..im just saying even with Quinn, new QB might be a possibility.
A possibility…definitely.

Expected? I’m leaning towards no.

While I think we need a QBotF, QB is by far from being the biggest concern on a team with a historically bad defense.

Now if JS likes a guy and we draft one? I’d have no doubt the guys a stud.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Keep in mind we may go after two coordinators, making one HC and the other Asst. HC. That's was what we did to pull in Sean Desai.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Sounds like Washington was the first team to request some Ben Johnson time. Even if we want him, who's to say we are his first choice?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I like the idea of Mike Macdonald with the Seahawks. Let’s rebuild the defense and hunt for a QB.

Looks like Belichick might get the gig in Atlanta.

It’s a no on DQ for me.