David Hsu on the future of the coaching staff. (rumor)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1xdwy2lu said:
IrishNW":1xdwy2lu said:
I think we should probably consider all rumors at this point. It cant hurt anything and at least its interesting.

The two coaches hes talking about are Eagles QB coach John Defilippo and Packers QB coach Alex Van Pelt.

Both are solid choices.

Hopefully they move quick and don't wait for Bevell and Cable to interview with other teams.
Your local librarian or mailman are solid choices compared to the current OC.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ntnjfwe said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2ntnjfwe said:
IrishNW":2ntnjfwe said:
I think we should probably consider all rumors at this point. It cant hurt anything and at least its interesting.

The two coaches hes talking about are Eagles QB coach John Defilippo and Packers QB coach Alex Van Pelt.

Both are solid choices.

Hopefully they move quick and don't wait for Bevell and Cable to interview with other teams.
Your local librarian or mailman are solid choices compared to the current OC.

The librarian could easily make the Gameday Girl post in the Shack. That's some solid value

Beren

Reaction score
Open question for those more informed that me: by when could we reasonably say we could expect a coaching change if it's to happen at all? As in, if Bevell keeps his job for another week for instance - is it pretty safe to say he's going to be the OC next year?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Beren":1bik5kil said:
Open question for those more informed that me: by when could we reasonably say we could expect a coaching change if it's to happen at all? As in, if Bevell keeps his job for another week for instance - is it pretty safe to say he's going to be the OC next year?

OR The front office is holding out on firing him until they identify a replacement.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1rcr8eyl said:
Beren":1rcr8eyl said:

OR The front office is holding out on firing him until they identify a replacement.
I don't know but IF its a done deal, I would expect something probably tomorrow.

If they have lost confidence in any of the coaches or feel the players have, they have to be replaced. I'm not sure its something you wait on. If they are moving on my guess is JS has had a list for some time now. Its not as if Sunday would have saved or sealed him.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

randomation

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":m7vunlse said:
Main Source=Siouxhawk

If that was the main source then we would be hearing about how Bevell was being elevated to assistant HC for his brilliant work

johnnyfever

Reaction score
randomation":32767m25 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":32767m25 said:
Main Source=Siouxhawk

If that was the main source then we would be hearing about how Bevell was being elevated to assistant HC for his brilliant work

Funny how we haven't seen sioux at all since we missed the playoffs. If Bevell is fired and Sioux disappears, we will finally know for sure they have been one in the same.

Kinda like acfan boned out never to be heard from again after the trade.

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Schneider is a very smart man. He knows what he can and can't do, so takes the best route.

And he's correct about Russell Wilson. MVP candidate, most TDs in the NFL. 80 percent of his team's offense, set a Record for most TDs in the 4th quarter (you know, when it's toughest to score a TD), all while playing behind a garbage Offensive Line with NO running game...

Is there a QB that could have produced better behind this line? When the Defense is on your side of the line of scrimmage as soon as the ball gets there?

John Schneider is correct.

And we do need to shake up the assistant coaching staff, or this team will become a shadow of it's former self, and a carbon copy of Pete's Post-Champion Trojans.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
The only way I see Bevell & Cable leaving is if Pete is fired/retires. Sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":22xc7vbn said:
John Schneider is a very smart man. He knows what he can and can't do, so takes the best route.

And he's correct about Russell Wilson. MVP candidate, most TDs in the NFL. 80 percent of his team's offense, set a Record for most TDs in the 4th quarter (you know, when it's toughest to score a TD), all while playing behind a garbage Offensive Line with NO running game...

Is there a QB that could have produced better behind this line? When the Defense is on your side of the line of scrimmage as soon as the ball gets there?

And we do need to shake up the assistant coaching staff, or this team will become a shadow of it's former self, and a carbon copy of Pete's Post-Champion Trojans.

Is he? I question that sometimes personally.

This is a quote from this spring.

We feel like we have one of, if not the, best offensive line coach in the league, right? He feels like he can put you (a reporter) out there, you know what I mean? Not really. No, he’s got a very positive mindset in teaching people and coaching them up.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...aft-preparation-and-learning-from-navy-seals/

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if Bevell got replaced by a more creative OC, but I also wouldn't be shocked if it made no difference.

Still think they should look at Paul Chryst.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are only a small number of individuals who know for sure whether David Poo is lying through his teeth.

crosfam

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":216ygtr9 said:
I wouldn't be shocked if Bevell got replaced by a more creative OC, but I also wouldn't be shocked if it made no difference.

Still think they should look at Paul Chryst.

When is he last time a highly successful, top tier NCAA Head coach left for an NFL coordinator job? It doesn't happen. If you have an OC/DC opening, it almost always is a promotion for a position coach, or you hire a former HC or OC/DC who needs a rehab opportunity for one reason or another.

I really like David Shaw or Kyle Wittingham for the Seahawks, but both would have to be offered the HC job to do it. Shaw might even want complete personnel control like Pete got.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ivotuk":32pcotgm said:

I'm lost on the post champion SC you are referring to? They had 1 off year when a true freshman started at QB. I hear a lot of people talking lately, Colin Cowherd, about how this is like the demise at SC. There was literally a single off year.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Davis Hsu??? I had no idea who this guy was until I looked him up online. A blogger??? LMAO.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow way to go out on a limb, we aren't getting rid of Pete or RW!?!? Wow. Does this guy have inside sources on if the Pats plan to move on from Brady?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Subzero717":2t9rkdmb said:
ivotuk":2t9rkdmb said:

I'm lost on the post champion SC you are referring to? They had 1 off year when a true freshman started at QB. I hear a lot of people talking lately, Colin Cowherd, about how this is like the demise at SC. There was literally a single off year.

Yup, good post. Carroll had SEVEN-consecutive Top 4 finishes at USC, and then in his last year, he had a freshman QB and an injury-decimated defense that went 9-4 (but still led their conference in scoring defense and beat Matt Ryan in their bowl game). Next year he went to Seattle and the rest is history.

This is Carroll's big opportunity to prove that narrative incorrect by reviving the Seahawks and leading them to another championship before he retires. Unfortunately, I think he needs a better play caller for that to happen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BigBill1945":4hie97re said:
Davis Hsu??? I had no idea who this guy was until I looked him up online. A blogger??? LMAO.
Watch the use of the blogger word. I had a fellow poster go apecrap crazy on me a few months back when I called Hsu “a blogger”. 8)