Day Five of Training Camp Impressions

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":35pfs6az said:
Great stuff, thanks as always!

The continuing struggles of Sweezy and Moffitt is really concerning. I was hoping (and still am) for big improvement from them this season, as we had serious issues at times pass blocking last season.

As far as Turbin/Michael goes, I still believe Turbin is destined to be the "3rd down" kind of back and Michael will ultimately be Beast Mode's back-up.
I hear ya on the O-line.
I wondered why Alvin Bailey didn't get drafted. Sounds like he's doing well in camp. I know the Seahawks like versatile lineman (and isn't it Cable's practice to field the best 5?) I think Bailey played multiple positions at Arkansas and pre-draft was listed on multiple sites as one of the top guard prospects. Thought he was more a guard, but they have him at Tackle? In any case, great to hear he is apparently playing well and fighting for a position. Maybe he becomes a nice surprise out of training camp.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":mi1xlwcn said:
JazzHawk:

Russell had to improvise a little too much for my liking however.

What does this mean exactly?
As mentioned, it could be the defense was just too stout. But we will face other good defenses. I'd like to see some of the designed plays work as designed without Wilson always running for his life. Could be the defense...or, it could be the O-line and WR's still aren't doing their jobs well enough. Too hard to tell at this point.