Deep balls on 3rd down

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
One of the positives yesterday on offense was RW throwing to a check down receiver. There had to be at least 6 times were you could see RW cock back ready to bomb it and then decided not to and he either ran or dumped it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":16e1vxpf said:
One of the positives yesterday on offense was RW throwing to a check down receiver. There had to be at least 6 times were you could see RW cock back ready to bomb it and then decided not to and he either ran or dumped it.

It was one of the few times he has had a check down so to me this is big in that Bevel and or P figured out it might be nice to have a check down

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The biggest problem I've seen is Wilson under throwing the deep routes. I think that is partly why we see so many opinions about the deep ball. Wilson see's his receiver has beat his man deep and throws it. The receiver then has to slow down to compensate for the short throw and the DB's catch up causing a jump ball.

The dump off routes are there but if Wilson's first read is deep and he believes his receiver is in position or looks like he will be, he ignores the other routes. Some believe we only send receivers deep and so based on that logic blame Bevel. The problem is it's just not true.

I think it is time to move on from Bevel to be able to make a more honest evaluation of our offense but I won't be the least surprised if it hurts us more than it helps.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1cggwkgm said:
hawknation2017":1cggwkgm said:
Sub-100 yards passing from a QB of Russell Wilson's talent is inexcusable.

Bye Bevell.
A win’s a win and the offense closed it out. Bevell did his part. I’m sure Pete would agree.
You are delusional. Our offense was drug to a win by the defense, kicking and screaming. Bevell did his part in orchestrating a historically bad offensive outing. An offense has not been this bad in a win since 1966, in fact our offense had negative yardage.

But Bevell did his job right?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was actually glad to see him check down a few times instead of just throwing the long ball. And shoot, after the 3rd turnover, they had 6 plus minute drive to really put the nail in it. Offense wasn't great at all, but did what they needed to when it counted.

Latest posts