Defining the Legacy

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":2y580ewz said:
DomeHawk":2y580ewz said:
I totally respect what you are saying but I disagree about the timing. This IS the first day of a new era of Seahawk football. The first page in the chapter that will define the PC/JS legacy.

So this chapter will define the PC/JS legacy? Not the one where they brought us the first Championship in the history of this franchise?

Yeah.. i think so.

If they can this team back to an elite level after losing a generation of hall of famers that were developed on their watch, it speaks volumes of their approach and ability.

if not, there will always be questions about whether they fell into it.

Noone will take away their championship though.

Seymour

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1wq2u8ph said:
I didn't mean to make the emphasis of that one play as I did whether or not the selection of those players was just sheer luck. That really is my question, but bury the head as they say, some people just refuse to acknowledge just what a common perception of the Seahawk's exists around the league.

So, the real question is? Are Pete and JS really that good or were they just lucky?

I think the answer is somewhere between. They are both good at what they do, and they got lucky both. IMO they are good enough to do that again, but it may take longer than the 1st time.

Now that Cable is not blowing 25% of our draft capitol.....he have a shot again. :pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1wy4738u said:
IndyHawk":1wy4738u said:
pittpnthrs":1wy4738u said:
What could have and should have been. People threw the word dynasty around and we ended up being a one hit wonder. Coaches should have been let go immediately after SB 49, but here we are.
Least we hit one..
The Falcons and Cowboys cannot say that.

Cowboys? Might want to check your examples again.

72' 78' 93' 94' 96'

Your right, thats not a one hit wonder, thats a Greatest Hits.

They haven’t even sniffed a Super Bowl this century though. For all the hype and bravado you hear from that team and fanbase all of the time that has to suck. I hear about all of the old dusty and rusty Lombardi’s from the cowboys fans I know. For most of them they had hair back then, and it was 3 ex-wives ago.

Shoot even the crappy 9’ers have at least played in one with a year started with a 2.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Legacy is subjective based on individual point of view. Going back to back Superbowls can be viewed as a defining a legacy. Only two teams have gone to back to back Superbowls in the past decade. Those are Seahawks and Patriots. Both of them lost the 2nd of the back to back.

Having the best scoring defense in the league for 3-4 for straight years, can be viewed as defining a legacy too. It's really how one perceives it.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

hawkfan68":1ssl73z8 said:
Legacy is subjective based on individual point of view. Going back to back Superbowls can be viewed as a defining a legacy. Only two teams have gone to back to back Superbowls in the past decade. Those are Seahawks and Patriots. Both of them lost the 2nd of the back to back.

Having the best scoring defense in the league for 3-4 for straight years, can be viewed as defining a legacy too. It's really how one perceives it.

There's no question that the Seahawks have had a good run, perhaps even great run. AND, I'm not suggesting that one play takes all that away BUT it wasn't just that one play, things really changed after that. I'm not naive enough to believe that it wasn't a combination of factors. That isn't the real question I am posing even though I can see how it can be seen that I might have been suggesting otherwise.

It remains (for me at least), that for PC/JS to really leave w/a lasting legacy, this current edition will have to at least be competitive for division titles. Perhaps not this year but in the hunt for a playoff spot at minimum.

Latest posts