Deflated balls explain why fumbles to plays is off the chart

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tainted legacies for all things Patriots when their fumbles/play returns to normal.

kearly

Reaction score
As is often the case, the cover up is worse than the crime. Even if the NFL gives a slap on the wrist when their investigation concludes, it won't reverse the impact on public opinion.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
kearly":16m17a5v said:
As is often the case, the cover up is worse than the crime. Even if the NFL gives a slap on the wrist when their investigation concludes, it won't reverse the impact on public opinion.

This is where both the Saints and Patriots got the bigger trouble from, particularly the Saints. The league front office is going to make the punishment worse if they effectively believe that they're being lied to.

ringless

Reaction score
I honesty feel that due to the history of Bill, and Brady most likely being involved in breaking the rules the punishment needs to be the most severe ever handed down by the NFL. Looking at the graph one could say they won a lot of close games they may not have won. They most likely played in some playoff games they didn't deserve to be in had they played with normal balls. A loss of this next years entire draft would be what I would hope for but know won't happen. I feel over the course of 7 years of cheating, plus the years before of cheating with spy gate they have stolen a lot of wins from a lot of teams. They have ruined the integrity of the game, and have no morals. It's not fair to the teams that play their hearts out and give every ounce to lose some games bc fumbles didn't happen that would have more often. It's not fair to the fans of those teams, or even to the fans of the Patriots. There is no punishment that can be handed down that can make up for it.

ringless

Reaction score
To add to this I saw that what the patriots achieved fumble wise the last 7 years has a 1 in 16,000 odds of happening. The old GM of the panthers is upset because like he said. It's a culture of cheating. And it's accepted by one of the historically best teams. I'm sure a lot of close 3 pt games that very well could've ended in the oppositions favor instead.

netskier

Reaction score
I would guess that the ball deflation scam would be strictly need to know. Brady might need to know, but not the running backs or receivers. Loose lips sink ships.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Guys, I figured it out. The Patriots inflated their balls and had them measured in the stadium sauna!

BOOM, 80+ DEGREE TEMPERATURE DROP GOING OUT ONTO THE FIELD!

*bows*

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1be4m23z said:
Guys, I figured it out. The Patriots inflated their balls and had them measured in the stadium sauna!

BOOM, 80+ DEGREE TEMPERATURE DROP GOING OUT ONTO THE FIELD!

*bows*

That's science right there folks. Almost as good as Belicheat's scientific method.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
ringless":1dduhe4v said:
To add to this I saw that what the patriots achieved fumble wise the last 7 years has a 1 in 16,000 odds of happening. The old GM of the panthers is upset because like he said. It's a culture of cheating. And it's accepted by one of the historically best teams. I'm sure a lot of close 3 pt games that very well could've ended in the oppositions favor instead.
The amount of fumbles they have at home is even more mind-boggling. They NEVER lose fumbles at home, the deflated footballs perfectly explains it. Their last 12 games at Foxboro they have not lost a fumble. That's almost 1,000 offensive snaps without a lost fumble.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":32lxekb8 said:
The reason I still harbor some doubt is this: if the Patriots have been doing this over the course of years, would you not expect that other players such as the wide receivers and running backs would know this was happening too? Some of these players move on to other teams...don't you think that they would raise this issue and blow the whistle against their former team if they knew this was happening?

I agree with this. If the balls have been deflated for 7 years, that's a lot of hands those balls have passed through. Patriots players would have to know that those balls felt different. I guess it's possible that they knew the balls were softer but still thought they were within specs, but if that's the case why hasn't a single former player come out and said "Yeah, when I was with the Pats the game balls seemed to have more give than normal but I didn't think anything of it until now"? Especially disgruntled players and those who went on to play for rivals.

Just grabbing stats from the first player I thought of, Wes Welker: His last year with the Pats he had 118 receptions and 3 fumbles. The next year with the Broncos he had 73 receptions and 1 fumble. His fumble to reception ratio actually improved when he left the Patriots.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":zkcmuxrr said:
...Just grabbing stats from the first player I thought of, Wes Welker: His last year with the Pats he had 118 receptions and 3 fumbles. The next year with the Broncos he had 73 receptions and 1 fumble. His fumble to reception ratio actually improved when he left the Patriots.
Yeah, Welker turns out to be the anomaly in this situation. Check the Sharp Football dude's analysis. I don't really have the statistical horsepower to say for sure, but it looks like something's definitely up here.

ringless

Reaction score
After reading the patriots forums on the subject I now know that the reason they don't fumble is because Bill
Doesn't allow it. That the amount of wins they have in the last 15 years is as much as a statiscally anomaly as the fumbles. Spygate was not real, but just a misunderstanding of the rules as well. The patriots play within the rules but because there is so much variance in interpreting how rules are understood that incidents like
This happen from time to tome but are within the misunderstood rules

ringless

Reaction score
The funny thing in comparing the "equal annomalys" that they compared over those 15?years. Is they may have been cheating in all of them. What if they won an extra two games per year through cheating. That's a lot of history that never would've been made

blazen2392

Reaction score
Woah. These stats are pretty damning. anyone have a rational explanation for this rather than the usual cheatriots/belicheat explanation? And why hasn't this made its way to the national media? its so incriminating.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
While speculation exists that “Deflate Gate” was a one time occurrence, data I introduced last week indicated that the phenomena MAY have been an ongoing, long standing issue for the New England Patriots. Today, that possibility looks as clear as day.
Nice blog on the subject >>> latest 1-26-2015 update link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/[/urltargetblank]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/559817746293465089[/tweet]

UPDATED-Patriots-Fumble-Rate-Histogram-Comparison-00-06-v-07-141.png

Rates-Compared-Graph-1.png

Rates-Compared-Graph-2.png

Individual-Patriots-Fumbles1.png

Individual-Patriots-Fumbles-after-leaving-Patriots.png

Individual-Patriots-Fumbles-before-vs-after-leaving-Patriots.png

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Jville":2uvfcfyc said:
While speculation exists that “Deflate Gate” was a one time occurrence, data I introduced last week indicated that the phenomena MAY have been an ongoing, long standing issue for the New England Patriots. Today, that possibility looks as clear as day.
Nice blog on the subject >>> latest 1-26-2015 update link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/[/urltargetblank]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/559817746293465089[/tweet]

UPDATED-Patriots-Fumble-Rate-Histogram-Comparison-00-06-v-07-141.png

Rates-Compared-Graph-1.png

Rates-Compared-Graph-2.png

Individual-Patriots-Fumbles1.png

Individual-Patriots-Fumbles-before-vs-after-leaving-Patriots.png

Jville, nicely done now get these to the media. Somehow not a single sole in the media is aware of this info.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
This is beginning to gain traction with the media. The presentation is solid and easy to digest. Statistical analysis may finally have an impact on the average fan/citizen ..... just as the video camera did. I think the data is now out of the bag. No going back now.

Must hear link .... Warren Sharp audio >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12232865[/urltargetblank]

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I guess Sunday's game will be telling. If they fumble 2 or more times, or have more drops than usual, we'll know.

Hawks are franchise crushers. This time, its not our doing.

Go Hawks.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I can't wait for next seasons fumble rates for the Pats. If it comes crashing down to league avg or below I wonder if we can start thinking of BB as never getting in the HOF or Brady too.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Maybe go back 15 years and just look at kick offs. Those balls are the K balls and are under normal inflation. If those numbers are normal then that says alot.