Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

Reaction score
furi0usbee":31el3tvq said:
Alexander":31el3tvq said:
furi0usbee":31el3tvq said:
I'm sure the Patriots didn't need any motivation, but I'm sure they'll put a little more sugar on their hits come next Sunday. I know one thing, I haven't seen this much hate for two teams by the general public/country in a long time. Whatever you want to call this game, it's gonna be entertaining that's for sure. I really like the matchups, and hopefully Seattle injuries can make the day a bit easier.

I'm not going to pretend that no Seahawks fans would ever secretly hope for some Pats injuries to make the game easier, but it's pretty classless to come to our message board and outright admit it.

Did you do that on purpose? I'm clearly speaking of Sherman and Thomas, who already have injuries. I know you probably hate Patriots fans right now, but I would never wish injuries on any player. So I'll accept your apology in your zeal to swat another Pats fan, as I'm sure some of us have deserved it lately.

I have no problem with Patriots fans. Outside of one super annoying visitor (HeatEquation, who probably even annoyed other Pats fans), I think the visiting crowd has been decent. A little too eager to come to OUR message board to lecture us about what we're allowed to believe about deflated footballs, but probably nothing any other fan base wouldn't do.

I do have a problem with someone coming to our message board and hoping that some of my favorite players, some of whom played through obvious pain to get the team to this point, are hurt enough that it affects their performance in game that doesn't come along very often. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be a little pissed off about that. If you have to draw a distinction between "hoping for a new injury" and "hoping an old injury is bad," you're not going to inspire the kind of football discussion you claim you want to have.

djb28

Reaction score
petesuckit.gif

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":21skwi20 said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

How naive to think the league will just drop this because Belichick decided to do another press conference.

I can't wait for the league to react to this by leaking something during media week, provoking all the questions old Billy boy hoped to avoid for the next seven days.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
hawk45":wz8650kd said:
furi0usbee":wz8650kd said:
Scottemojo":wz8650kd said:
Have you seen many occasions where *Seahawk* players have missed tackles trying to strip the football? It does happen of course, but the Seahawks are perhaps the best-tackling team in the NFL.

To be honest, I haven't seen much of Seattle this year. I subscribe to NFL2Go.com, so I will be watching a lot of film this week. I only know from what I read and the highlights, and such. I know they are the defending champs and were good enough to get back. That says most of what anyone needs to know.

The way I look at this game, and I've had some heartache in this game the last couple tries-- if we go out and get beat, it was because another team that deserved to be there beat us. You'll get no sour grapes from me. I mean, in terms of wanting to beat the other guy, I think these are the best two teams to make for a most enjoyable game. Would you really have wanted to beat the Colts? But beat Brady, you guys will be cheering all winter long!

Alexander

Reaction score
furi0usbee":146bqkz4 said:
Do you guys think Pete Carroll may have a hard time keeping this game all business, and not delving into a personal mission to beat his former team/employer? Carroll always had success early in the season with us, but fell off the radar at the end. Obviously he would love to win the game for the game's sake, but I wonder if he will try a little bit harder to show us up.

I'm sure there's a tiny bit of extra satisfaction if he wins, but I'd honestly be surprised if he feels all that different about this year's game than last year's game. If he does, he's hiding it exceedingly well. So I guess my answer is no.

lukerguy

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3t05ihw2 said:
Pats called a pc today.

Very convincing.

I don't normally resort to name calling, but you must be some kind of gullible.

Dear friend,

It's been made apparent that Prince Ahabibi from the Congo as passed away and you are the beneficiary of his million dollar inheritance. All we need is a few thousands dollars as a processing fee and we will quickly send to you your million dollars. Please send us your banking information.

Best regards,

Democratic Republic of the Congo.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Alexander":2efclljr said:
furi0usbee":2efclljr said:
Alexander":2efclljr said:
furi0usbee":2efclljr said:
I do have a problem with someone coming to our message board and hoping that some of my favorite players, some of whom played through obvious pain to get the team to this point, are hurt enough that it affects their performance in game that doesn't come along very often. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be a little pissed off about that. If you have to draw a distinction between "hoping for a new injury" and "hoping an old injury is bad," you're not going to inspire the kind of football discussion you claim you want to have.

What I was saying, and what every Seattle fan would say on this board, is that because a key player(s) will be playing injured, not 100%, whatever you want to call it, I like my chances that much more on that matchup. That says nothing about wanting them hurt, hoping they get more hurt, that simply says I'll take a limping DB any day. The way I wrote it, without having 2-3 sentences after that stating I don't wish harm on a player, maybe that and me being a Pats fan, led you to believe my sentiments were something other than what they were.

In the plainest terms, an injured Richard Sherman looks better on paper to me than a healthy Sherman. Just like you guys would be a bit more upbeat if Gronk was coming in all dinged up. Not wanting him to get hurt or be hurt, but just acknowledging that any star that is not 100% is a better day for you.

I in no way want Sherman, or any player, to be injured in the process of the game.

That is all.

hawk45

Reaction score
furi0usbee":20bbbnvr said:
The way I look at this game, and I've had some heartache in this game the last couple tries-- if we go out and get beat, it was because another team that deserved to be there beat us. You'll get no sour grapes from me. I mean, in terms of wanting to beat the other guy, I think these are the best two teams to make for a most enjoyable game. Would you really have wanted to beat the Colts? But beat Brady, you guys will be cheering all winter long!

It'd be satisfying to see Wilson beat Luck I think, but the Pats are clearly the superior team and Brady is a big game QB so it's hard to argue with any of what you said. Crap I'm nervous and excited now thinking about the matchup again.

:229031_cheers:

Alexander

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3fqojk66 said:
Great question! This will be the fairest NFL game *ever* played. Seattle and Patriots have no fears of cheating in this one! But to answer your question, believe it or not, I am liking this matchup even more than I was looking forward to Green Bay. I see the fast defense you guys have, but I also see matchup problems and size matchups I think we can win. Also, if we can get your D line in a bad rotation and get into our no huddle, and maybe cheat with some eligible ineligible players, I think it can be a good day.

This isn't the first time the effect of the no-huddle on the D-line rotation has been brought up, but it never seems to be much of a factor. I'm honestly not sure why, but if it had a major impact in this game I would be surprised.

Basically, at the end of the day all these gimmicks that many offenses use to exploit weaknesses or gain little advantages don't seem to have much of an impact against the Hawks' defense. At the end of the day, you have no choice but to line and just beat them. If you can do that, you can have success. Otherwise, all the tricks in the world aren't going to be of much help.

vonstout

Reaction score
furi0usbee":34mr1iq1 said:
I'm sure the Patriots didn't need any motivation, but I'm sure they'll put a little more sugar on their hits come next Sunday. I know one thing, I haven't seen this much hate for two teams by the general public/country in a long time. Whatever you want to call this game, it's gonna be entertaining that's for sure. I really like the matchups, and hopefully Seattle injuries can make the day a bit easier.

Sherman has been a full participant in practice. Keep hoping.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Alexander":2urvkfjo said:
furi0usbee":2urvkfjo said:
Great question! This will be the fairest NFL game *ever* played. Seattle and Patriots have no fears of cheating in this one! But to answer your question, believe it or not, I am liking this matchup even more than I was looking forward to Green Bay. I see the fast defense you guys have, but I also see matchup problems and size matchups I think we can win. Also, if we can get your D line in a bad rotation and get into our no huddle, and maybe cheat with some eligible ineligible players, I think it can be a good day.

This isn't the first time the effect of the no-huddle on the D-line rotation has been brought up, but it never seems to be much of a factor. I'm honestly not sure why, but if it had a major impact in this game I would be surprised.

Basically, at the end of the day all these gimmicks that many offenses use to exploit weaknesses or gain little advantages don't seem to have much of an impact against the Hawks' defense. At the end of the day, you have no choice but to line and just beat them. If you can do that, you can have success. Otherwise, all the tricks in the world aren't going to be of much help.

Well to be fair, the Patriots run a no-huddle as well as anyone, and I can't think of any other QB I'd want in my 2-minute offense. But to your point about rotation and gimmicks, if the Patriots can sneak a player set in there that catches Seattle off guard, hopefully Carroll will call T.O. unlike Harbaugh. But I would think Seattle is going to have to spend much time working and picking up on the various formations Patriots have used thus far, and probably will be working on trying to subvert a few more.

But I don't know how familiar you are with Jamie Collins, but this is a guy who has speed, size, hands, and I wouldn't be surprised if you see him on a few offense snaps. This guy has been a bright spot all year when early on the defense looked like it has some major issues and couldn't get it together.

I doubt the Patriots' bag of tricks is depleted. But I would love see Collins in a few snaps.

Alexander

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2kdbakrg said:
What I was saying, and what every Seattle fan would say on this board, is that because a key player(s) will be playing injured, not 100%, whatever you want to call it, I like my chances that much more on that matchup. That says nothing about wanting them hurt, hoping they get more hurt, that simply says I'll take a limping DB any day. The way I wrote it, without having 2-3 sentences after that stating I don't wish harm on a player, maybe that and me being a Pats fan, led you to believe my sentiments were something other than what they were.

In the plainest terms, an injured Richard Sherman looks better on paper to me than a healthy Sherman. Just like you guys would be a bit more upbeat if Gronk was coming in all dinged up. Not wanting him to get hurt or be hurt, but just acknowledging that any star that is not 100% is a better day for you.

I in no way want Sherman, or any player, to be injured in the process of the game.

That is all.

Well, you did use the word "hopefully," so you can see my confusion. But whatever, I get your point. I appreciate the football discussion.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
vonstout":1y2ugcw2 said:
furi0usbee":1y2ugcw2 said:

Sherman has been a full participant in practice. Keep hoping.

Well, we all know practice is not a game. But as they say, if he's on the field, he's ready to play.

hawk45

Reaction score
Alexander":32xaz8oo said:

I suppose I just view this the same way as the discussion around here around Rodgers's calf prior to our last game. His comment seemed pretty respectful to me and not out of line. The Pats just got an OL back I think although his name escapes me, I certainly won't be doing penance for hoping he's a step slow going up against our defensive line. We need all the help we can get there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
furi0usbee":xw47o1g5 said:
Hey, credibility shoutout. Richard Sherman is a great player and I'd love to have him playing on my team. Can I get some reciprocation?
I really like what your equipment manager has done, gotten away with quite a bit for quite awhile now. He's got mad skillz, would love to have him working for the Hawks. 8)

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Alexander":m4ksov9v said:
furi0usbee":m4ksov9v said:

That is all.

Well, you did use the word "hopefully," so you can see my confusion. But whatever, I get your point. I appreciate the football discussion.

Yes, the "hopefully" line on it's own does lend itself to misinterpretation. It's one of those things where what your are thinking doesn't 100% come out that way in word form. Because that was one of my first posts, and never having posted here, I probably should have laid the groundwork better on my viewpoints.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1yuq41xt said:
furi0usbee":1yuq41xt said:
Hey, credibility shoutout. Richard Sherman is a great player and I'd love to have him playing on my team. Can I get some reciprocation?
I really like what your equipment manager has done, gotten away with quite a bit for quite awhile now. He's got mad skillz, would love to have him working for the Hawks. 8)

I can take it. But this is why I'm *more* pissed at the Patriots than you are. Brady hurts me more than he hurts himself, because I'm the one who has to go around defending these guys.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
And... we already netted a Raven this year... I'd sure like a Seahawk for my aviary!

Status
Not open for further replies.