Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
looks like most of the US is buying Belicheat's BS from reading other sites...sheep...all of them! Amazing how this is gonna get swept under the carpet.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
razor150":16w86mvq said:
The Pats fans in this thread are freaking delusonal. Billicheck just explained the process of taking an underinflated ball, by 1 psi, and making it temporarily at the league minimum during testing. He just told you how he cheated, yet you al buy it hook line and sinker. To get under pressure as much as the balls were they had to start below pressure before prepping. So they were purposely under inflating them.

Uh, no. The scuffing/rubbing of footballs is legal as of 2006 or 7. Peyton Manning lobbied the league to allow QB's to prepare the surface of the football so it's not slippery and easier to grip. Every QB does it, it's not illegal or unethical or anything of that nature. Eli Manning has had major articles published about this, Brady described in his presser that they rub down the balls etc. That's what has led to the teams having possession of the game balls before submitting them to the ref.

It sounds to me that nobody realized that doing this raises psi. And even it anyone did, it's not against any rule.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3autu1ug said:
RobBaker7714409":3autu1ug said:
furi0usbee":3autu1ug said:
Hey, credibility shoutout. Richard Sherman is a great player and I'd love to have him playing on my team. Can I get some reciprocation?

I like Brady. He's a winner. He's got a smoking hot wife. He's what every kid wants to be when he grows up. He's won me a crapload of money in fantasy football over the years.

I wish he just would have fessed up & admitted an "Oops!" moment. We got caught with our hand in the cookie jar. Oh well. On to Seattle. I doubt this episode will tarnish his reputation, but there's a small possibility it might if a ball boy comes clean on the house of lies.

If I could show you the emails I sent to my father, I was harder on Brady for lying than most people on this board. I still think he lied. I'm 99.9999999999% certain he knew the balls he presented were well under 12.5 PSI. So he lost some of my respect for sure. But until the NFL says otherwise, or proves otherwise, if this is a case of Patriots presenting under-inflated balls to the refs, and the refs signing off on them and using them, then later on having issues with them, well that's also on the NFL. If Brady or anyone tampered with the balls, you won't hear me defend that ever.
An obvoius fix is to make sure the pressure on game day is in dead center if the allowable range. The upper and lower limits are established with a center pressure in mind. The refs should never entertain requests from teams to set at the lower or upper limit because that defeats the purpose of those limits.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
[youtube]/watch?v=CRSwjhYmAY4[/youtube]

the theme song to this scandal imo.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":17nnr98j said:
[youtube]CRSwjhYmAY4[/youtube]

the theme song to this scandal imo.

Fixed. Leave out the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
when posting Youtube vids and just use the video identifier number inside the Youtube tags.

- bsd RPA

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
I tried to give this place a chance and 5 posts in it's clear to me you guys are just like the rest of the forums on the internet. Fed BS and you eat it up. This'll be my last post at least until the final report comes out but I'll say this:

The Patriots' footballs could've been at, say, 11.5 PSI. They get conditioned, and because of it are at 12.5 PSI. They get measured at 12.5 PSI and are put aside. They get brought outside and deflate to 11.5 due to the friction from rubbing down the footballs wearing off. Then they drop down to 10.5 because of the weather. That would explain why they deflated by halftime but stayed fine towards the end of the game (because they didn't just go through the pre-inspection rub downs).

This would explain why the Colts' footballs did not deflate. If they conditioned their footballs a different way, OR, they conditioned them well before the football game, AND inflated them to 13.5, they would still be within the legal limit if they dropped by 1 PSI just like the Patriots' footballs did.

Of course, it doesn't matter what anyone says, and to about 95% of you guys here the Patriots are cheaters and frauds regardless of facts and what the outcome of the investigation is. I won't hold my breath waiting for anyone at all to say "Guess we were wrong." So to you all, good luck in the days up to and after the Super Bowl, but I wish the worst of luck on your team during gameday.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. According to Belichick a prep procedure of taking balls inflated to 11psi and warming them through "surface prep" until they reach 12.5psi before handing them to the officials explains away the cheating? Wonder how much time was put in by the Patriots over the last week to come up with the "prep procedure" that gets an 11psi ball to 12.5psi.

And now with them providing that prep procedure, I think they should be required to do exactly that and nothing else to prep their Super Bowl balls which test no less than 12.5psi prior to the beginning of prep.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Oh and the graph about the fumbles was completely skewed stats, look it up. Or don't, because it doesn't fit your narrative and you believe anything on the internet to be true.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2how42cs said:
rideaducati":2how42cs said:
50yrpatsfan":2how42cs said:
rideaducati":2how42cs said:
Belichick is used to the local Boston media. I'm positive they all buy this explanation because of their cumulative IQ, but the rest of the nation knows this is TOTAL BS. I can't believe that Belichick thinks EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is this dumb.

Well it's easy if the rest of the world actually IS that dumb to believe these total freakin ESPN jackasses like Brunell and Bettis, who were both beaten by the Patriots multiple times in big games.

You've been had, face it. There was no wrongdoing, sorry that ruins your day.

Unfortunately for the Hawks, they're going to have to pay the price for this. NE will have laser focus for this one.

No wrongdoing? Facts say otherwise. I'm sure it will come out eventually because they are now going through a lot of film from years gone by. The Patriots have probably been doing this for quite a while and some team out there has video proof, they just have to find it.

Just the circumstantial evidence of fumbles/play will show the NFL where to start watching the film. The Patriots have fewer fumbles because a flatter ball is easier to keep a hold of for running backs and that alone is an unfair advantage. Brady has had a ball in bad weather that is easier to hold on to because it is deflated. WRs catch the ball easier because it is softer and easier to catch. Again, unfair competitive advantage.

The deflated balls helped more than just Tom Brady and there is ZERO amount of scientific evidence that can prove how it was only the Patriots footballs that lost air pressure.

Face it, your team has been caught cheating...again. That cheating didn't win them the game against the Colts, but there IS a game that it did help them sometime in the past. It could have been a bad weather game where it helped Tommy Boy hold the ball better. It could have been a game where a properly inflated ball would have been fumbled away, or a difficult catch that would have been dropped but wasn't, so the Patriots won the game.

It is you that has been duped. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

None of this deflategate will be resolved prior to next Sunday, and I wouldn't want it any other way. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots with properly inflated balls and they won't be fooled by ineligible players lined up at WR. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots because the Seahawks are the better team.

After the Superbowl and before the preseason, I fully expect fines and suspensions for your beloved coach and/or QB. It could derail next season for the Cheatriots, but then, I won't really care. They'll have gotten less punishment than they deserve either way.

GO HAWKS!

Sorry you're just wrong. Pats are in the clear after today. This was about science all along, not ball boys. Sorry that you and other birthers are in a dither over this.
Yeah you 'prepare' the footballs to induce a 1psi pressure increase just before handing them to the refs, then ask the refs to set them at 12.5psi well before they reach equilibrium. That is a calculated move to have the pressure below minimum allowable standard when the game starts.
I'm glad attention was called to this prior to the SB.

We are shaking in our boots at the thought of your world-beating team unleashing its holy wrath upon us. LMAO old timer.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":2wdafsrd said:
Oh and the graph about the fumbles was completely skewed stats, look it up. Or don't, because it doesn't fit your narrative and you believe anything on the internet to be true.

Since you have apparently already "looked it up", how about proving your point by providing links to your proof?

Laloosh

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1da1z147 said:
I tried to give this place a chance and 5 posts in it's clear to me you guys are just like the rest of the forums on the internet. Fed BS and you eat it up. This'll be my last post at least until the final report comes out but I'll say this:

The Patriots' footballs could've been at, say, 11.5 PSI. They get conditioned, and because of it are at 12.5 PSI. They get measured at 12.5 PSI and are put aside. They get brought outside and deflate to 11.5 due to the friction from rubbing down the footballs wearing off. Then they drop down to 10.5 because of the weather. That would explain why they deflated by halftime but stayed fine towards the end of the game (because they didn't just go through the pre-inspection rub downs).

This would explain why the Colts' footballs did not deflate. If they conditioned their footballs a different way, OR, they conditioned them well before the football game, AND inflated them to 13.5, they would still be within the legal limit if they dropped by 1 PSI just like the Patriots' footballs did.

Of course, it doesn't matter what anyone says, and to about 95% of you guys here the Patriots are cheaters and frauds regardless of facts and what the outcome of the investigation is. I won't hold my breath waiting for anyone at all to say "Guess we were wrong." So to you all, good luck in the days up to and after the Super Bowl, but I wish the worst of luck on your team during gameday.

Your defense is that the other team accounted for the potential drop by inflating their balls to 13.5 in order to be within the allowable range and thereby adhering to the rules? Bravo!

Wonder how your balls "then drop down an additional 1 psi due to weather" in the first half but not in the second (when it surely got colder as the evening went on).

Take a step back and read your post. The logic (or lack thereof), is hilarious!

GoPatsSB49":1da1z147 said:

So much for the prior post being your last, eh?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":39imh1lt said:

Except that the pressure differential you are attributing to weather is larger than the weather was capable of producing because, you know, science.

BnKxmLQCQAAoCBF

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1ekt8w4e said:
I love Neil deGrasse Tyson, but that pic's kind of BS since science has literally spent its entire history disproving itself constantly with new discoveries and new knowledge.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b18i39x said:
I think the Patriots literally just made 90% of the country Seahawks fans for the Super Bowl.

"just made"??? The media has just carried out a complete and irresponsible character assassination of Tom freakin Brady, to the point that most of you here bought it all. The country already hates us, we get it. They hate us because of this type of media behavior.

Have you watched Brunell and Bettis on espn? Read the USA Today articles and headlines? Yellow journalism at its despicable worst.

razor150

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2vn0mv8j said:
razor150":2vn0mv8j said:
The Pats fans in this thread are freaking delusonal. Billicheck just explained the process of taking an underinflated ball, by 1 psi, and making it temporarily at the league minimum during testing. He just told you how he cheated, yet you al buy it hook line and sinker. To get under pressure as much as the balls were they had to start below pressure before prepping. So they were purposely under inflating them.

Uh, no. The scuffing/rubbing of footballs is legal as of 2006 or 7. Peyton Manning lobbied the league to allow QB's to prepare the surface of the football so it's not slippery and easier to grip. Every QB does it, it's not illegal or unethical or anything of that nature. Eli Manning has had major articles published about this, Brady described in his presser that they rub down the balls etc. That's what has led to the teams having possession of the game balls before submitting them to the ref.

It sounds to me that nobody realized that doing this raises psi. And even it anyone did, it's not against any rule.

I know the prepping is legal, but they didn't realise that they started off with under regulation pressure while prepping the ball? Bill says the prepping raises the ball pressure by 1 psi, and the balls were 12.5, or league minimum, when tested by the refs. If they started off at the league minimum they would have been at 13.5 during initial testing by the refs. Sorry this comes off as something initentional.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oh Bill, Billy boy, please explain why the 12 th ball was w/in the legal range, but all the other 11 were 2 PSI under? Do different laws of physics apply to that one ball?

How is it that the Colts balls all were w/in the permitted range? Were they in some different climatic zone, or do the laws of physics not apply to them.

Sorry not buying Bill the Science Guy. This time BS does not baffle brains and his calculation still don't work out. To me this is simply a lame attempt to deflect the truth by mumbo gumbo calculations.

Okhams razor applies to this whole situation. Who benefitted from deflated balls? Answer, the Patriots, and in particular Tom Brady and the NE offense. Who last had possession of the balls after they were checked?. Which QB is on record he prefers underinflated footballs? Is there some advantage in wet and windy conditions to having underinflated footballs? Does any of the temperature BS really appear convincing when one of the so-called affected footballs still remained within the mandated range but all the others were close to 2 PSI under inflated? Meanwhile on ther other side of the field all the footballs were apparently totally unaffected by the temperature change horse crap.

Simple answer or as the razor would indicate, the Patriots were caught cheating again, anyone surprised?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":u7934jb8 said:
"just made"??? The media has just carried out a complete and irresponsible character assassination of Tom freakin Brady, to the point that most of you here bought it all.
Shut the hell up. I played with the football in my closet at 12.5 PSI, then deflated it to 10.5 PSI, and the difference is INSANELY NOTICEABLE.

Tom Brady's a liar. FACT. Irrefutable. I don't know if he orchestrated it or not, but about not noticing? Yeah. He's so full of fecal matter, his eyes are brown. Stop being such a biased homer; get the hell out of here with that crap.

Rocket

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ybxkfx3 said:
50yrpatsfan":2ybxkfx3 said:
"just made"??? The media has just carried out a complete and irresponsible character assassination of Tom freakin Brady, to the point that most of you here bought it all.
Shut the hell up. I played with the football in my closet at 12.5 PSI, then deflated it to 10.5 PSI, and the difference is INSANELY NOTICEABLE.

Tom Brady's a liar. FACT. Irrefutable. I don't know if he orchestrated it or not, but about not noticing? Yeah. He's so full of fecal matter, his eyes are brown. Stop being such a biased homer; get the hell out of here with that crap.

Now THIS is scientific... our action reporter can FEEL the difference between 10.5 and 12.5.

Unless the Patriots Homers will concede that Roland is a better QB than Brady, the case is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts