Denver defense - Overhyped

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
All in all this is a BAD matchup for him. Asking his brother for hints? Eli is average at home and far better on the road.

davidonmi

Reaction score
First off Mizzou, Hali and Houston were not injured in that game, and KC got no pressure, sorry.

Second my prediction is 28-20. But the game will probably be closer than that.
I see a game sort of like the SF game. We trail entering the fourth, and get a TD from our offense to make it 21-20, then we get a TO and step on Denver's throat, something we didn't do against SF (we cannot kick another FG when taking over at the 5, that stuff is really costly in these types of game)
The key is jamming their WR's, no one does it better in the NFL than SEA. And when we jam and instead of peyton holding on to the ball for 2 seconds, make him wait another one or two seconds, and then our pass rush doesn't necessarily have to get sacks, but they have to get pressure.
My biggest concern is not our offense, it's the no huddle and whether or not we'll be able to get our base and nascar packages in at the correct times. If we can't sub, and it gets to where Red is rushing the passer, and McDonald and Bennett are stopping the run we're in trouble.

lsheldon

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1f2evgnq said:
lsheldon":1f2evgnq said:
Mile High is the perfect place for Manning to play now because he doesn't have the arm strength that he once did. He will have a week in NY/NJ to practice before the game, but I bet we see some lame ducks even with the practice time he will have available there. Our secondary will be looking to cash in on those. One area I've been thinking the lower altitude might have an impact is Denver's kicking game.
Correct and I already said that Now factor in Percy given he will be returning kickoffs. I wonder if we win the toss do we defer?

Defer, always defer.

davidonmi

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":x8yhgi7q said:
lsheldon":x8yhgi7q said:
Mile High is the perfect place for Manning to play now because he doesn't have the arm strength that he once did. He will have a week in NY/NJ to practice before the game, but I bet we see some lame ducks even with the practice time he will have available there. Our secondary will be looking to cash in on those. One area I've been thinking the lower altitude might have an impact is Denver's kicking game.
Correct and I already said that Now factor in Percy given he will be returning kickoffs. I wonder if we win the toss do we defer?
yes, deferring got us to the SB, keep doing it

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
davidonmi":1ptka4ux said:
First off Mizzou, Hali and Houston were not injured in that game, and KC got no pressure, sorry.

I see a game sort of like the SF game. We trail entering the fourth, and get a TD from our offense to make it 21-20, then we get a TO and step on Denver's throat, something we didn't do against SF (we cannot kick another FG when taking over at the 5, that stuff is really costly in these types of game)
The key is jamming their WR's, no one does it better in the NFL than SEA. And when we jam and instead of peyton holding on to the ball for 2 seconds, make him wait another one or two seconds, and then our pass rush doesn't necessarily have to get sacks, but they have to get pressure.
My biggest concern is not our offense, it's the no huddle and whether or not we'll be able to get our base and nascar packages in at the correct times. If we can't sub, and it gets to where Red is rushing the passer, and McDonald and Bennett are stopping the run we're in trouble.
Incorrect. They were playing in the game yet got injured in almost back to back plays. I did watch it and I did nearly throw up. But your concerns mirror mine.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lsheldon":1tdllcvh said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tdllcvh said:
lsheldon":1tdllcvh said:

Defer, always defer.
Cool. I just wondered if anyone wanted a guaranteed kickoff for us is all.:)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ioxpsbb said:
lsheldon":2ioxpsbb said:
MizzouHawkGal":2ioxpsbb said:
lsheldon":2ioxpsbb said:

Defer, always defer.
Cool. I just wondered if anyone wanted a guaranteed kickoff for us is all.:)

I prefer returns against tired people, yo. :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
davidonmi":2knjn2gu said:

Incorrect. They were playing in the game yet got injured in almost back to back plays. I did watch it and I did nearly throw up.

aulaza

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":gflxa3b9 said:
davidonmi":gflxa3b9 said:

Incorrect. They were playing in the game yet got injured in almost back to back plays. I did watch it and I did nearly throw up.

Why are you so adamant about this?? You are simply losing all credibility. Go and look, they were NOT injured in the week 11 game in Denver on Sunday night. They got injured after that as people are pointing out. KC had NO sacks and NO hits on Peyton in that game (according to ESPN). So they were both playing and healthy and weren't able to get pressure. You clearly didn't watch much of Denver this year after all. Or maybe just a bad memory. I watched that game, all the talk leading up to it was about KC's pass rush and Peyton's injured ankles, but none of that came to fruition. Denver does have a good OLine, despite the injuries they've suffered.

aulaza

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1l6bhavx said:
I've always thought the truth was respectful and thinking the Seahawks win 30-20 or 34-24 isn't what I would deem as arrogant but simple truth. I have seen nearly every Denver game this year and what I saw is a team that should view Seattle as a nightmare matchup in nearly every possible way.

Before Kansas City lost Houston and Hali on nearly consequesitve plays they both had that game and were sacking Peyton with regularity in Denver. In Kansas City they still put up a good fight despite still being a shell of themselves because of injury.

This statement proves you have no idea what you're talking about. It's so wrong its funny. Not sure why I've wasted time on this thread...

davidonmi

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2r362ce7 said:
davidonmi":2r362ce7 said:

Incorrect. They were playing in the game yet got injured in almost back to back plays. I did watch it and I did nearly throw up. But your concerns mirror mine.
with all due respect you're making a fool of yourself.
They got injured vs. SD
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracke ... 1124_SD@KC
They also lost top pass rushers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston to injuries, and now face the prospect of playing the Broncos next week without them

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You're right it was San Diego. What do I care given a joke defense gave you all you could handle? I pretty much try to watch anything not involving the AFC WEST so I skim in desperation and sometimes mix up games as a result.

Though I do know Kansas City did pressure him but didn't have the weapons to capitalize.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2jd9j19e said:
You're right it was San Diego. What do I care given a joke defense gave you all you could handle?

KC was the 5th scoring defense in the league, hardly a "joke".

Also, if you want to get into "joke" teams giving someone all the can handle, we can revisit the Texans and Buccaneers games that Seattle played. Seattle has been more succeptable to struggle with bad teams.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":kdjh5uyw said:
Though I do know Kansas City did pressure him but didn't have the weapons to capitalize.

Sure, they did pressure him. But only on an extremely small percentage of snaps. They had a completely healthy defense, so I don't see why you believe they were lacking weapons.

Polaris

Reaction score
Papa-pwn":1nadzek9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1nadzek9 said:
You're right it was San Diego. What do I care given a joke defense gave you all you could handle?

Also, if you want to get into "joke" teams giving someone all the can handle, we can revisit the Texans and Buccaneers games that Seattle played. Seattle has been more succeptable to struggle with bad teams.

KC's 'fifth scoring defense' was smoke and mirrors. They played NOBODY the first half of the season and the monent they hit the strenght of their schedule, they folded.

I called KC at 11-5 when they just made 9-0 and I was ridiculed by many KC fans (and others) and called a hater. Turns out I was dead right.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
plyka":3b1q3fjt said:
aulaza":3b1q3fjt said:
Hawkalypse":3b1q3fjt said:
aulaza":3b1q3fjt said:
I'm sick and tired of the issue of 'strength of schedule'. It is a subject that is discussed ad nauseam about most teams each year. Every year, there are very good teams that people claim 'only have that record because they have an easy schedule'. We see it with the Pats virtually every year, in this thread it just happens to be the Broncos. Guess what? If you win 13 games, you're good.
Than take some meds and go to bed. Your team got to where it is on backs of substandard teams with "mediocre" defenses. Good for fantasy football teams, but it will be a bruising wakeup call when you face us. Understand this, this team is well aware that they need to bring a title back to Seattle and if they have to bury your boy number 18, sack or not, they will.

Its ironic that us Broncos fans were asked to be respectful when coming onto this board, when most hawks fans have been rude and disrespectful. I've always liked Seattle, but the views of fans on here is quite worrisome. I don't want to tarnish all with the same brush here, but the majority of you guys have been arrogant about your team - it reminds me of (annoying) Pats fans and its not cool guys. Lets show some class and be respectful here.

As for the rest of it, lets talk about this match up, comparing who each other has played is a useless exercise. Its not Denver's fault if a) they put up massive yardage on teams and kill their defensive stats or b) they play teams and make them look worse than they are or c) they play teams that are just plain poor, and beat them easily. The mark of a good team is that it trounces the rubbish teams - Denver did that. Denver is a good team, there is no getting around that. Let's talk about this match up, not the regular season - its irrelevant now. Its a shame because this is a great match-up between two very good teams. I believe Seattle is a bad match-up for Denver and I slightly favour them in the game, but it will never be the case that this was not a good Broncos football team, regardless of the result in the SB, which may not be as one-sided as you guys all seem to think.

Seahawks fans are arrogant because they know just how good their team is. Some of us were worried about the niners, because quite frankly they would have destroyed your team. I would have been the biggest ronco fan had the niners won. Deep inside I would have know what you probably know now. The broncos are an average team with a damn good QB. The AFc is incredibly weak. The third best team in the NFC west is most likely the 3rd best team in the entire AFC. Denver played the easiest schedule in the NFL. These are just realities we must all face. You have a bad defense. Your WR group is good. The rest of your offense is mediocre. Yes I said M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E. Worst of all your only strength is the one area where the hawks have a LEGENDARY strength. And worst worst of all your greatest asset has a noodle arm and will be playing outside in jersey in the winter where there is always wind.

"Seahawk fans are arrogant because they know just how good their team is"... That is a terrible excuse, and isn't really a good reason at all.

I don't see any way SF would have "destroyed" Denver.

Denver is much more than an average team. Average teams don't end up with the #1 seed in back to back years and end up in the SB, doesn't matter how good the QB is. The Seahawks nearly lost to the worst AFC team, so I'm not really sure how the AFC is all that weak.

Denver did not, in fact, play the easiest schedule in the NFL. That is an actual reality, I'll let you go do the math on that.

Denver's defense is at the very least average. However recently, they are closer to very good, shutting down every team they've played for the last month or so.

Denver has arguably the best OL in the league, Moreno is one of a handful of RBs to rush for 1000 and catch 500. The offensive depth is outrageous as well. The entire offense is fantastic, which is why they are arguably the best of all time, scoring the most points in history.

Mediocre didn't have to be spelled.

You say Seattle has a "legendary" strength, but they were barely the best defense this year. They allowed .8 less points per game than the #2 defense. They aren't in the discussion for all time best defense. Denver, on the other hand, scored over 10 more points per game than the #2 offense. Denver is easily in the discussion for best offense of all time. Denver's offense is better than Seattle's defense. One is an all time great, the other is barely the best this year.

So is Peyton a great QB or no? You tried to pump him up to discredit the rest of the offense, but in the last sentence you try to undermine his abilities. Strange

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
Polaris":3cl9z951 said:
Papa-pwn":3cl9z951 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3cl9z951 said:

KC's 'fifth scoring defense' was smoke and mirrors. They played NOBODY the first half of the season and the monent they hit the strenght of their schedule, they folded.

I called KC at 11-5 when they just made 9-0 and I was ridiculed by many KC fans (and others) and called a hater. Turns out I was dead right.

I don't need to defense their standings. They are what they are. 5th ranked scoring defense. People can nit pick stats all they want, and try to make them seem more or less important, but you know what they say about opinions

Polaris

Reaction score
Papa-pwn":29vtv1of said:
Polaris":29vtv1of said:
Papa-pwn":29vtv1of said:
MizzouHawkGal":29vtv1of said:

I don't need to defense their standings. They are what they are. 5th ranked scoring defense. People can nit pick stats all they want, and try to make them seem more or less important, but you know what they say about opinions

Actually they aren't. There is a lot LESS to KC than meets the eye.

At the end of the season, KC looked like the following by weighted DVOA:

17.4% for #9 in the NFL (17.4% for #7 unweighted)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

On defense they had a pathetic second half of the season finishing with a -2.2% overall weighted DVOA (and that's when Denver faced them) for #13 in the NFL (-6.7% unweighted which shows how badly KC fell off the cliff the second half of the season).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

You will notice that at week nine when KC went 9-0 the DVOA of their past opponents was an overall -18.4% which was DEAD LAST in the league. Given that they finished with the 11th hardest schedule, I think that tells us everything we need to know about KC.

Smoke and Mirrors.