Denver defense - Overhyped

villain71

Reaction score
No offense but you guys are laughable. Your Defense is overated at best because all the teams in the NFC has weak offense. AFC has the best offenses in the NFL so their D appear weak. Expect a blowout like most of the country thinks. Manning will carve your D like butter and we all know Wilson can't score. Expect a lopsided game. Sorry for your team. They will be exposed bigtime with an overated D and a laughable O that can hardly score.

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
villain71":2aicnef8 said:
No offense but you guys are laughable. Your Defense is overated at best because all the teams in the NFC has weak offense. AFC has the best offenses in the NFL so their D appear weak. Expect a blowout like most of the country thinks. Manning will carve your D like butter and we all know Wilson can't score. Expect a lopsided game. Sorry for your team. They will be exposed bigtime with an overated D and a laughable O that can hardly score.

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10
Never go full on retard.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":1qe9dn8i said:
villain71":1qe9dn8i said:

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10
Never go full on retard.

Ooooh yeah! got him! Killshot!

villain71

Reaction score
How you going to score? Lynch? Denver will shut him down to 10 yards all game. You gonna score with Wilson? That's laughable. He will be likely sacked 10 times by the Denver D. Your Sherman?? Pulease.. Denver will run circles around him. Manning will carve you up. Your D isn't gonna do jack. Your D can't even stop Kaepernick from running.

Polaris

Reaction score
villain71":2ydf9x3q said:

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10

Pfft. Please. Seattle stuffs teams to about a THIRD of their normal points per game routinely and when our ones played in pre-season, the story was much the same. Denver might win (any given Sunday) but if they do it will be close (Seattle has never lost by more than a TD since Wilson has been the starting QB).

About the only way a blowout happens if Denver can't score, and you get a Defensive Cascade (which can happen) resulting in a Seattle blowout.

Polaris

Reaction score
villain71":2o1j7lsz said:
How you going to score? Lynch? Denver will shut him down to 10 yards all game. You gonna score with Wilson? That's laughable. He will be likely sacked 10 times by the Denver D. Your Sherman?? Pulease.. Denver will run circles around him. Manning will carve you up. Your D isn't gonna do jack. Your D can't even stop Kaepernick from running.

Your run defense is adequate. That ain't enough to stop Beastmode in the playoffs.

The question you should be asking is how your offense is going to score. Peyton will get his, but I can easily see the Broncos being held to about 20pts or even less. If that happens you lose.

CANHawk

Reaction score
villain71":2krwh3r7 said:

BWAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA....... Thanks man. Laughter is good for the soul. The defense that can't stop TOM BRADY from running it in for a TD is going to hold MARSHAWN LYNCH to ten yards!? I thought only weed was legal in Colorado! Check THIS out. That Defense Marshawn is making his bitch is SIGNIFICANTLY better than yours.

Ten yards... Whooo. That's funny.

villain71

Reaction score
Polaris":qwq95a1c said:
villain71":qwq95a1c said:

Your run defense is adequate. That ain't enough to stop Beastmode in the playoffs.

The question you should be asking is how your offense is going to score. Peyton will get his, but I can easily see the Broncos being held to about 20pts or even less. If that happens you lose.

We may not stop beastmode but beastmode is not at home now is he. He is mediocre away from home so I expect the same at the superbowl. Peyton is going to play his best game yet and he will light the place up. Your "legion of boom" will get carved up trust me. You've never seen an offense like this before. You guys are used to playing weak ass Offense that hardly scores that's why your D looks stellar but in reality its overrated.

Hell even your rival the 49ers is admitting Denver will run circles on your team. Many of them are even relieved they are not facing Denver. 80% of the country predicts a lopsided game. They know Denver will carve you guys up.

plyka

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":p7resnpp said:
plyka":p7resnpp said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":p7resnpp said:
Just to keep this conversation in perspective (not implying this means they're good), stats can be miss leading. ...When you have an offense setting passing records it means the opposing teams are forced to play catchup, I'm inclined to think it's a possibility defenses don't always play their best when up by 20+ points, very likely there was a few cheap meaningless tds scored and that a high octane offense generally means a lack of ball control and leaving your d out there more to get tired out ect.

I've seen this argument before. It seems like it's one not based on any facts. Let's put some numbers out so we can actually get to the heart of the discussion. The Broncos did have the highest point differential, it was 13 points per game. They beat out their opponents by an average of 13 points per game. So you're saying that this causes your defense to allow more points/yards? Well, let's look at the 2nd place in points differential --the Seahawks. The Seahawks won by an average of 11.7 points per game ---so Denver won by an average of 1.3 points per game more than the Seahawks. So how is it that the Seahawks have the #1 defense by the statistics? How is it that the Seahawks, despite having similar leads in the average game, do not allow it to skew the stats?

Let's be frank, this is the excuse of excuses. Denver's defense just is not very good. Your excuse for them is good unless you dig a little deeper and do a little comparison.

Sometimes Common sense and watching football gives a more accurate assessment, stats can be miss leading. And no, that's not what i was saying, Sure the point differential is similar, but the points per game isn't. Denver scored a cap load more then us which you conveniently left out of your comparison of stats, if you can't see how being up by 3 scores could possibly affect the defense then that's fine idc lol cause..
Like I said, I wasn't implying that their D is good, only throwing out that they possibly aren't as bad as they seem. I have no reason to make excuses for them and I hope your right, as I'm ready for sea to light up the scoarboard, which they will need to do.

You're not making sense here. This was the original argument: "When you have an offense setting passing records it means the opposing teams are forced to play catchup." This IMPLIES that the opposing team is DOWN by a lot of points and thus playing catchup. The important stat here is point differential NOT how many points Denver scores. If Denver scores 45, but the opposing team has 65, then it's Denver playing catchup not the other way around. Point differential is the ONLY stat which matters and total points by Denver is meaningless in comparison. Again, with your own argument.

plyka

Reaction score
villain71":b4mod226 said:

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10

Your final score...are you thinking of Denver in the superbowl against the niners? I think you made a mistake, it was 55 to 10 I believe, not 49 to 10.

Polaris

Reaction score
villain71":wwibh0vn said:
Polaris":wwibh0vn said:
villain71":wwibh0vn said:

We may not stop beastmode but beastmode is not at home now is he. He is mediocre away from home so I expect the same at the superbowl. Peyton is going to play his best game yet and he will light the place up. Your "legion of boom" will get carved up trust me. You've never seen an offense like this before. You guys are used to playing weak ass Offense that hardly scores that's why your D looks stellar but in reality its overrated.

Hell even your rival the 49ers is admitting Denver will run circles on your team. Many of them are even relieved they are not facing Denver. 80% of the country predicts a lopsided game. They know Denver will carve you guys up.

The 49ners are bitter. Your defense is wounded. Our team is nearly at full strength. Your run defense let TOM BRADY rush for a TD. That says it all. Take a look at pretty much every advanced stat in football, and please.....ease up on the delusion. It's not good to go "full retard".

As for never seeing, our ones played each other for nearly a half in pre-season. We know how that matchup went. Peyton got his yards and a TD, but it was Seattle that won that match. Seattle has improved since then. Denver has not...and the weighted DVOA stats tell that tale.

Edit PS: Seattle's road record is 6-2 including a SHUTOUT of the Giants in the same stadium the SBowl is about to be played in. That's tied for the best road record in the NFL I believe. If anything the road HURTS your Broncos since you can't rely on the altitude to tire out our defense (unlike what happened to the Patriots). The fact is your Broncos haven't faced anywhere CLOSE to the defense that Seattle will bring, and defense (and power running games) travel.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
I know the media has been fellating you guys all week but tone down the homerism.

HawkWow

Reaction score
villain71":360nwsh2 said:

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10

...and the award for best pot in the country (drumroll) Denver, Colorado!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
villain71":2kmezg85 said:
Your "team" is predicated on the success of one player with perfect conditions. The Hawks don't have to have Russ put up 'three and three' to win. Your team has to have five head have a big game to have a shot. Somethings you just gotta learn except bud, 'the Orange Crush' ain't walking through the tunnel with you guys on the 2nd and Terrell Davis is working on NFL network. No feel good interest stories for Broncos fans at end of this only the empty feeling of what could have been.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkWow":3aq1wdl1 said:
villain71":3aq1wdl1 said:

DENVER 49
SEAHAWKS 10

...and the award for best pot in the country (drumroll) Denver, Colorado!

I don't think that's just pot.....

plyka

Reaction score
villain71":8biroyj7 said:
Polaris":8biroyj7 said:
villain71":8biroyj7 said:

Dude, you're off the rails. I would put the keyboard down, step away for a few hours so you can come up with a rational and intelligible train of thought. In one post you say BeastMode wont get 10 yards in the next you say you can't stop BeastMode. I think the homerism and wishful thinking has you high as a kite.

Jville

Reaction score
Easy guys,

Have fun with your new toy. But try not to break it.

Go Hawks

Polaris

Reaction score
Jville":4ks7yj3d said:
Easy guys,

Have fun with your new toy. But try not to break it.

Go Hawks

Awwww.....but he's so....adorable.....

:lol:

Latest posts