Desean Jackson Released

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Him being cut could be as simple as this:

The previous regime gave him 10 million per year, and Chip Kelly thinks that within his scheme Jackson is replacable and not worth it. That's it.

Or we could make it a little sexier and say while the above is true it's also true (and it is) that Kelly and Jackson butted heads last year and that Jackson wants MORE than the 10 million per he's making.

IMO we can tell a very plausible boring story and a very plausible less boring story without getting into the sensationalist hooha of the Eagles cutting Jackson because they found out he was leading a secret double life as Monster Kody.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They can get a Mike Evans, M. Lee or a Cooks through the draft. If anytime is right to release a high priced WR that doesn't fit your team, it is right now. The draft is very deep in the receiver dept. Many options are available.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Some of the brothers need to really cut the baggage they bring to the NFL. Tough upbringing aren't an excuse for poor decisions year after year after year. I wouldn't want the Hawks to get close to him, until after doing due diligence and making sure things are absolutely and unequivocally clear.
I really hope this is not another Aaron Hernandez in the waiting. This would be really sad. Mr. Jackson should work as hard as he can to clear his name and cut ties to whatever might be suspicious.
Brother, it is time to move up the ladder. Don't get stuck in the Ghetto forever. We know how that ends. We all wish Tupac was still around.
Thugs life is not glamorous. Leave it behind.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 1h
@DeseanJackson10 and me have been boys since we were kids... No one should be judged by the actions of others! #fam pic.twitter.com/Q7yuxMcz6a

Atradees

Reaction score
Sign the guy in a heartbeat. One year high salary prove it deal. 8-9 if we can talk him into it. We would be dominate.

Decimation

Reaction score
Atradees":3ct6fycw said:
Sign the guy in a heartbeat. One year high salary prove it deal. 8-9 if we can talk him into it. We would be dominate.
That would be one hell of an offense to watch, but you can pretty much say it's a lock for him to go to the Raiders or Chiefs.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Decimation":21ygrulg said:
Atradees":21ygrulg said:
That would be one hell of an offense to watch, but you can pretty much say it's a lock for him to go to the Raiders or Chiefs.

That looks the way it is headed.

Atradees

Reaction score
Its a shame. They dont even have a qb in Oakland.

We could run the "read option/wishbone" with that much offense.

drdiags

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2two4sk8 said:
Some of the brothers need to really cut the baggage they bring to the NFL. Tough upbringing aren't an excuse for poor decisions year after year after year. I wouldn't want the Hawks to get close to him, until after doing due diligence and making sure things are absolutely and unequivocally clear.
I really hope this is not another Aaron Hernandez in the waiting. This would be really sad. Mr. Jackson should work as hard as he can to clear his name and cut ties to whatever might be suspicious.
Brother, it is time to move up the ladder. Don't get stuck in the Ghetto forever. We know how that ends. We all wish Tupac was still around.
Thugs life is not glamorous. Leave it behind.

In the long run, the idea about rising above your original poverty-level upbringing has value, but depends on what your values are. I wouldn't say all black athletes are hanging in the hood chilling with the old crew. Those that choose to stay close to family/friends/associates that cannot/will not rise out of the conditions they are in, well it is a freedom of choice issue. It is the NFL clubs decision whether those affiliations are enough to put the player off their org's eligible list.

If a farm boy wants to hang with his buddies during the off season he has that choice. If a guy grew up with sportsmen, he is going to feel comfy hanging with them during the offseason. If some black athletes like hanging in the city, partying with folks from the city, he should be able to do so. Now, if those associates are out gunning down folks, the athlete needs to figure out if he needs to step away.

Sherman grew up in Compton and still goes back, probably rubbing elbows with some less than upstanding characters by chance. MRob, probably not. Different background and base of people each player knows. Lynch returns to Oakland. Should he be involved with the community? That is his call.

Sometimes you cannot go home again. Some don't try, others do for whatever reason. Not all of the black athletes are coming from destructive home lives but just like other folks not all of them are mature, well adjusted outstanding citizens. That is why NFL teams monitors their employees and have to decide when enough is enough.

Culliver for the 9ers wasn't hanging with homies when he ran over the bike rider and made his escape. Favre was getting hooked on drugs, not because he was back in Mississippi, just that he had a problem.

I hate to see athletes blow a chance they worked so hard to get, just to let it go because of some misguided sense of loyalty or not selling out, but that is just my 50+ plus years of living talking.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
Love the play of him, but cannot condone or excuse his off the field antics. Let him go somewhere else and be a Prima Donna distraction.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":2guziq60 said:
@DeseanJackson10 and me have been boys since we were kids... No one should be judged by the actions of others! #fam pic.twitter.com/Q7yuxMcz6a
If you hang around with them in the very least you should be "judged" of having poor judgement.

They are reporting that he was asked repeatedly to dissociate himself and did not. He got fired.

MVP53

Reaction score
Question for those who bring up Hernandez; what exactly were the Patriots out for rostrting him?

They got a couple great years of production, then when he screwed up, they cut him.

They were pretty much out a couple thousand replica jerseys & that's about it. Don't think they lost any fans over him.

I bet if you caught them behind closed doors, they'd tell you it was worth it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
brimsalabim":23xiir7r said:
Ziggyy108":23xiir7r said:
If you hang around with them in the very least you should be "judged" of having poor judgement.

They are reporting that he was asked repeatedly to dissociate himself and did not. He got fired.

I dont know about you but my boss doesnt tell me who I can hang out with when Im not on the clock.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If your boss was investing millions of dollars in you he would care.

Subzero717

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3jfga6bq said:
If your boss was investing millions of dollars in you he would care.

He got cut for attitude and work ethic. The timing of "the story" IMO is too coencidental to be legit. Plus its already been picked apart by more credible news outlets than NJ.com. To be honest I dont know, nor have I ever heard of NJ.com before Friday.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I didn't read much of the thread and I just thought about this today but does anybody think this could be a smear campaign by the Eagles. I was thinking the fanbase would have been really pisses off if they let Jackson go for salary cap reasons but by doing it this way the fanbase was totally comfortable with letting him go.

Another benefit of smearing him is that contenders, who Philly is competing with, might be reluctant to grab Jackson and he might have a better chance to go to a bad team. This of course helps the eagles because they aren't making another playoff team better.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1jcv173p said:
I didn't read much of the thread and I just thought about this today but does anybody think this could be a smear campaign by the Eagles. I was thinking the fanbase would have been really pisses off if they let Jackson go for salary cap reasons but by doing it this way the fanbase was totally comfortable with letting him go.

Another benefit of smearing him is that contenders, who Philly is competing with, might be reluctant to grab Jackson and he might have a better chance to go to a bad team. This of course helps the eagles because they aren't making another playoff team better.

I think that the Eagles would only make themselves look bad if that were true. They also would hurt themselves in other players eyes and that doesn't help them.