Desean Jackson Released

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":3s51kim4 said:
bigtrain21":3s51kim4 said:
I didn't read much of the thread and I just thought about this today but does anybody think this could be a smear campaign by the Eagles. I was thinking the fanbase would have been really pisses off if they let Jackson go for salary cap reasons but by doing it this way the fanbase was totally comfortable with letting him go.

Another benefit of smearing him is that contenders, who Philly is competing with, might be reluctant to grab Jackson and he might have a better chance to go to a bad team. This of course helps the eagles because they aren't making another playoff team better.

I think that the Eagles would only make themselves look bad if that were true. They also would hurt themselves in other players eyes and that doesn't help them.

Yeah but there is enough information about Jackson out there that it looks bad and it is hard for Jackson to prove a negative which in this case is that he isn't in a gang. I just don't see how it could come back to haunt the eagles in this instance.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3ufe2g7u said:
Marvin49":3ufe2g7u said:
bigtrain21":3ufe2g7u said:
I didn't read much of the thread and I just thought about this today but does anybody think this could be a smear campaign by the Eagles. I was thinking the fanbase would have been really pisses off if they let Jackson go for salary cap reasons but by doing it this way the fanbase was totally comfortable with letting him go.

Another benefit of smearing him is that contenders, who Philly is competing with, might be reluctant to grab Jackson and he might have a better chance to go to a bad team. This of course helps the eagles because they aren't making another playoff team better.

I think that the Eagles would only make themselves look bad if that were true. They also would hurt themselves in other players eyes and that doesn't help them.

Yeah but there is enough information about Jackson out there that it looks bad and it is hard for Jackson to prove a negative which in this case is that he isn't in a gang. I just don't see how it could come back to haunt the eagles in this instance.

I'm sure players can do the same math we are doing here. It only serves to make the Eagles look bad whether they planted it or not. I just don't see the upside.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zguimfc said:
bigtrain21":2zguimfc said:
Marvin49":2zguimfc said:
bigtrain21":2zguimfc said:

I'm sure players can do the same math we are doing here. It only serves to make the Eagles look bad whether they planted it or not. I just don't see the upside.

I told you the upside.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2su5ujkc said:
Marvin49":2su5ujkc said:
bigtrain21":2su5ujkc said:
Marvin49":2su5ujkc said:

I told you the upside.

I know. I just don't think it's worth it.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I am not saying the Chip Kelly walked up to the authors of the article and handed all this information over to them, information which really proves nothing, but looks bad.

It is possible to get this sort of information to them anonymously without being able to tie it back to the eagles in any way.

Throwdown

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1s4mv6eg said:
Ziggyy108":1s4mv6eg said:
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 1h
@DeseanJackson10 and me have been boys since we were kids... No one should be judged by the actions of others! #fam pic.twitter.com/Q7yuxMcz6a
If you hang around with them in the very least you should be "judged" of having poor judgement.

They are reporting that he was asked repeatedly to dissociate himself and did not. He got fired.

thats incredibly narrow minded and ignorant.

How is talking with guys who may have been his best friends since being a kid make him a gang member? it doesn't sound like he put himself in any situation where he or anyone else was going to be put in danger, and that he was in no way involved in any of the dirt they did. Dude might be the diva of divas, but a thug Jackson is not.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I would caution you that we do not have the information available to us that his employers had when they made their decision. When you have the kind of money on the line that they did you do your due diligence.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
latest update ...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 23m
Sounded like DeSean Jackson had a good visit with #Skins tonight. More planned for tomorrow. Number of teams still in play. #staytuned

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Jackson arrived in Washington to meet with the Redskins on Monday evening in a visit that will continue into Tuesday. According to Tim McManus of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, things are already progressing toward a possible deal between the two sides.

McManus cites sources relaying that discussions between the two sides are going “very well” and a source close to Jackson that said it’s a “done deal” with the Redskins.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/31/report-desean-jackson-to-redskins-a-done-deal/

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3qj87crf said:
Jackson arrived in Washington to meet with the Redskins on Monday evening in a visit that will continue into Tuesday. According to Tim McManus of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, things are already progressing toward a possible deal between the two sides.

McManus cites sources relaying that discussions between the two sides are going “very well” and a source close to Jackson that said it’s a “done deal” with the Redskins.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/31/report-desean-jackson-to-redskins-a-done-deal/

April Fool's?

Being in the same division as Philly has to be attractive to him.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I don't think any deal has been signed but all sorts of rumours have come out saying its all but done.

Pretty much how there were a bunch of reports saying Allen to the Seahawks was all but done haha

Marvin49

Reaction score
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna · 37m
Per source: San Francisco has now thrown their hat in the ring for DeSean Jackson. #Redskins #49ers

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna · 12m
Per sources: San Francisco reached out to DeSean Jackson while he was at dinner with Redskins. They want him to visit. #Redskins #49ers

Still not buying it tho...

JZ#1

Reaction score
Why spend the money on DeSean when this is the best WR draft in years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JZ#1":xhfvy4jg said:
Why spend the money on DeSean when this is the best WR draft in years.

Only thing I can think of is if they want to address the need at WR in FA and possibly use a number of those picks to move up for the corner they want.

As I said though, I'm not really buying it. I think he's out of their price range and I'd think he would rather be in a place that he can get more playing time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1e3itjwo said:
@NBCdianna: Per sources: DeSean Jackson has 2 teams making offers. I'm told Cleveland Browns are 1 and they are going hard with offer. #Browns

Ya...same reporter as the Niner rumor.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Redskins and DeSean Jackson still haven’t discussed contract. Team to watch: SF. 49ers have "real but guarded” interest in DJax, per source

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2atcki4s said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Redskins and DeSean Jackson still haven’t discussed contract. Team to watch: SF. 49ers have "real but guarded” interest in DJax, per source
Good for the Niners. Add a guy with issues to a locker room that already has them. Should be a blast to watch.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22s
Agent Joel Segal and members of the #Redskins brass are sitting down now to begin negotiations over DeSean Jackson. #Buckleup