OP
IrishNW

IrishNW

Reaction score
Seymour":12idx4y3 said:
IrishNW":12idx4y3 said:
Seymour":12idx4y3 said:
That is pretty damn funny. Now even Pete wants to lose? :D

It matters not. We weren't going anywhere in post season.

give me a logical reason why you put the game on blair walsh?

Because we were out of time and downs, needed 3 points to win, and he was the kicker Pete choose to "always compete".

That is Pete's logic, not mine. Pete has shown he will ride his logic into the ground again and again.

This is not accurate, we kicked the field goal with 35 seconds on the clock and timeout left. We didnt even use our timeout to take time setting up for the field goal. We literally rushed blair walsh onto the field to kick the game winner... you cant defend that

Sox-n-Hawks":12idx4y3 said:
blkhwk":12idx4y3 said:
I think he wanted Walsh to win it......confidence boost etc.......

This. He even said it in his post game presser.

Pete's a bullshitter and that makes no sense. Blair walsh is not coming back even if he makes that kick.

trharder

Reaction score
IrishNW":3ik1ju2d said:
[Pete's a bullshitter and that makes no sense. Blair walsh is not coming back even if he makes that kick.
I agree, which is why he was the perfect fall guy.

Seymour

Reaction score
IrishNW":ytukhr4s said:
Seymour":ytukhr4s said:
IrishNW":ytukhr4s said:
Seymour":ytukhr4s said:
That is pretty damn funny. Now even Pete wants to lose? :D

It matters not. We weren't going anywhere in post season.

give me a logical reason why you put the game on blair walsh?

Because we were out of time and downs, needed 3 points to win, and he was the kicker Pete choose to "always compete".

That is Pete's logic, not mine. Pete has shown he will ride his logic into the ground again and again.

This is not accurate, we kicked the field goal with 35 seconds on the clock and timeout left. We didnt even use our timeout to take time setting up for the field goal. We literally rushed blair walsh onto the field to kick the game winner... you cant defend that

Sox-n-Hawks":ytukhr4s said:
blkhwk":ytukhr4s said:
I think he wanted Walsh to win it......confidence boost etc.......

This. He even said it in his post game presser.

Pete's a bullshitter and that makes no sense. Blair walsh is not coming back even if he makes that kick.

I sure can. When does the kicking team call a time out to "let his own kicker" think about it? NEVER!

The other team does that to "ice him", as more time with a kicker tends to put more in his head then they need to do what comes natural to them.

acctingman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1u5l94kc said:
Walsh flat out choked, it has NOTHING to do with anyone BUT WALSH.

Lots beg to differ. This is on the FO and the coach for not keeping Hauschka and signing Walsh.

I mean, who signs the kicker that gave you a W the season before?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Of course they are the ones who were dumb enough to sign the guy. But he still is to blame for missing an easy kick. And Pete wanting to lose is just plain stupid. In no way would Pete ever want to lose a game, ever.