Disappointing Draft

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Go look at all the CB's and OL drafted the rest of the day. I did. I looked up what PFF had to say about them. Not one of them worth the value that Lockett and Clark are. PFF agreed, calling Lockett a sleeper pick who graded out second only to Amari Cooper and Clark an excellent pick.

So while yeah, I'd like to see us pick up some OL and CB, the fact is there simply wasn't the talent out there at that point in those positions and there was excellent talent at two other positions of need.

So I give today's picks an A+.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It will be a couple of seasons before I'll decide if I'm disappointed in this draft.
Way too soon for me to say how I feel.
I do see good upside on the picks so far. And I've called JS / PC genius in this area.
Not going to "crawfish" at this point in time.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
mikeak":2c88uhm0 said:
^ Yes Cam is a dirtbag. He was caught for theft, his dad tried to extort money for his commitment and he left UF so that he wouldn't get suspended which would have damaged his career BUT he didn't beat someone.

We disagree on how to handle these things. Second round is not how I like to see these things come out. Hopefully he never lays hands on a woman regardless if that would be again / the first time

Theft, extortion, and fleeing are forgivable to you?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Imagine that, someone being disappointed in the draft because the team didn't pick who THEY wanted, and/or the position they wanted. That never happens :th2thumbs:

Graham, Lockett and Clark, pretty solid draft so far. This team is flat out LOADED, and if for some reason Clark didn't work out, so be it. They'll still be the best team in football. And it sounds like a lot of this story is bunk anyway.

I wanted them to take an O Lineman and WR, but there are plenty of good O Lineman available today. It's gonna' be ok, take a deep breathe and let them do their work. What team has been better in the draft than the Hawks since Pete and John took over??

Rob12

Reaction score
Just something to think about:

The Seahawks have completed 25% of their draft. Six picks left... And UDFA.

Just saying.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here are some O Lineman listed still available, in order of ranking etc. Would love to see them draft TWO w/their next couple picks.

15. La'el Collins, OT, LSU: 6-4 1/2, 305 pounds, 5.10 40 (I think he may pull out of the draft and try next year)
42. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh: 6-4 3/4, 309 pounds, 5.12 40
72. Daryl Williams, G, Oklahoma: 6-5 1/4, 327 pounds, 5.34 40
76. Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma: 6-4 7/8, 324 pounds, 5.3 40
85. Tre Jackson, G, Florida State: 6-3 3/4, 330 pounds, 5.49 40
99. Jarvis Harrison, G, Texas A&M: 6-4 1/8, 330 pounds, 5.18 40
106. Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn: 6-3 3/4, 296 pounds, 5.31 40
108. Arie Kouandjio, OL, Alabama: 6-4 3/4, 310 pounds, 5.46 40
113. Max Garcia, OL, Florida: 6-4 1/8, 309 pounds, no 40
126. Corey Robinson, OL, South Carolina: 6-6 5/8, 324 pounds, 5.32 40
138. Jamil Douglas, OL, Arizona State: 6-4, 304 pounds, 5.18 40

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Fade":1h0xkxnb said:
1st for Graham A grade
2nd For Clark A or F high risk high reward
3rd 4th 5th 6th for Lockett a Kick Returner. Doug Baldwin esque slot receiver. that is the head scratcher for me. Stefan Diggs is still available and can give you all the kick and punt returning you need, and you don't need to spend 4 picks on him.

Lets put it this way would you rather have Tyler Lockett or 3rd round OL, +Stefon Diggs, +5th round DB, +6th round OL plus keep your other 6 picks.

but I digress the Fanbois don't want to have discussion. The Seahawks never make mistakes.

Lets pretend their last 2 drafts didn't happen, and this draft is going swimmingly.
Lockett and Baldwin are nothing alike. And Lockett is so much better than Diggs. You don't have to like the pick but just make an informed comment about the player based on what you've actually seen from him, not his height.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vdro1nl said:
I can't even fathom someone comparing Baldwin to Lockett.
Why? Similar size, both run great routes. Same number of arms and legs too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The speed factor and the return abilities. Baldwin is horrible as a kick returner. You're right though, I did the research, and both of them have 2 arms and 2 legs. :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":89hxaz0l said:
The speed factor and the return abilities. Baldwin is horrible as a kick returner. You're right though, I did the research, and both of them have 2 arms and 2 legs. :thirishdrinkers:
the banished one, pe, compares Lockette to Baldwin and Tate's love child. Great routes, big plays.

Fade

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hkei4w3 said:
I can't even fathom someone comparing Baldwin to Lockett.

Both 5'10 180lb savvy route runners best served playing in the slot.

similar body types & athletic metrics. Lockett is a better returner, Baldwin is better at catching the ball away from his body

*comparing him to Golden Tate is laughable.* Golden Tate has a quirky running style that is hard for defenders to track. Also being a former running back he runs with a lot more force and power and is hard to bring down, Then you get into his baseball center fielder back ground and he can track and high point a football phenomenally and it allows him to play bigger than he is.

Golden Tate breaks tackles. Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett don't.

Largent80

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1u9lcv63 said:
Terrible draft so far. DV scumbag and a no value trade for another small WR. So disappointing

I will be willing to bet all the opposing QB's will be hating the Clark pick, and the opposing special teams coaches will love seeing the #1 college returner lining up to catch kicks.

Yeah, real terrible so far..... :roll:

Chawks1

Reaction score
chet380":3bljwls6 said:
A reach for Clark while ignoring OL and CB needs.

Lockett as a PR is OK -- BUT GIVING UP 4 PICKS??!!

Next picks at #130 and #134 :cry:

I like Tyler Lockett a lot. Excellent PR/KR. Probably best in the draft. Has ability to be a Ty Hilton type at WR. Can really help take the top off the passing game. Creates open space for Graham. But very expensive. Next guy I would have taken to fill that role was Ty Montgomery who was picked by Green Bay before our assigned 3rd so JS/PC made the right call.

Frank Clark extremely talented but I can't support anyone that lays a hand on a woman. Especially 6'2" 270 lb athlete.

Largent80

Reaction score
Judging people on here say is a dispicable act that people have these days. If you weren't there, then you don't know what happened. Clark was grilled by JS and the entire scouting dept and investigators.

Brahn

Reaction score
mikeak":3gmqa4v6 said:
^ Yes Cam is a dirtbag. He was caught for theft, his dad tried to extort money for his commitment and he left UF so that he wouldn't get suspended which would have damaged his career BUT he didn't beat someone.

We disagree on how to handle these things. Second round is not how I like to see these things come out. Hopefully he never lays hands on a woman regardless if that would be again / the first time

This is a football team, not a social club. They pick players to WIN games not to be the role models the media and some fans want them to be. If they have a great personality then great that's a bonus. But it is not as warranted as a player with ability.

People forget we had a team of super nice guys who were unable to play football under Ruskell. I will gladly take Humans with character flaws. As long as they can play the sport I am paying to see. I am not paying to solely support their personnel lives. I will raise my own children with values and morals myself, not from a Nike ad.

We are talking about young men under the age of 25. They are going to make mistakes. The fact you would punish a young man (Who you do not even know) for an incident in his young life for the remainder of his life is just sad. We have all made mistakes growing up, I am sure you are no exception. The problem is we will "Justify" our actions while condemning those of another.

If it becomes a track record as an adult I would start to worry. Hell I find failing a drug test at the combine to be a bigger red flag in this instance. You may ask yourself yeah right how? The fact is no one was testing Clark when the incident happened. It could be heat of the moment actions, still not validating his actions as DV is a bad bad. But to know you are going to be tested and still give no crap, red flag all day.

And to all this talk of "Rewarding" the guy for DV. How about the fact they are rewarding him for the time he has spent, training and not getting fat like 70% of Americans. It is not the job of corporations to punish people for the legal or moral systems.

You can not like a person because of your perceived point of view. But to wish someone (You do not know) to suffer in life because of mistakes they have made when young and did not involve the death or crippling of someone, in turn does not make one a great person of character themselves.

We are talking about a 21 year old college kid, not Aaron Hernandez.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Chawks1":1qrf8yec said:
chet380":1qrf8yec said:
A reach for Clark while ignoring OL and CB needs.

Lockett as a PR is OK -- BUT GIVING UP 4 PICKS??!!

Next picks at #130 and #134 :cry:

I like Tyler Lockett a lot. Excellent PR/KR. Probably best in the draft. Has ability to be a Ty Hilton type at WR. Can really help take the top off the passing game. Creates open space for Graham. But very expensive. Next guy I would have taken to fill that role was Ty Montgomery who was picked by Green Bay before our assigned 3rd so JS/PC made the right call.

Frank Clark extremely talented but I can't support anyone that lays a hand on a woman. Especially 6'2" 270 lb athlete.
How do you feel about women who hit men?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
mikeak":myv9qxd2 said:
chris98251":myv9qxd2 said:
mikeak":myv9qxd2 said:
I am disappointed that we drafted a guy that beats women

Hope he screws up and gets arrested for something stupid

I guess you were there when it happened and know all the details, we will all trust your insight into this, tell us what really happened please since we like to have the facts before we execute people that beat women or are to stupid to exist.

1) So your expertise tells you he did nothing?

2) She was bloodied

3) Her 15 year old brother said he grabbed her throat and threw her on the floor

4) He was kicked off a Michigan team that needed him

What I do KNOW is that there was enough smoke to not give him the benefit of a doubt. Also theft is 100% confirmed.

Interview w Condotta and all he will say is I put myself in a bad position.... Yeah drunk beating his gf

Your ability to hold a grudge against someone and not realize people make mistakes is disturbing.
If you even listened to the interview you'd realize he is remorseful of his actions and is truly excited to play for the Seahawks.
Your statement about hoping he gets kicked off the team is also very ignorant.

grizbob

Reaction score
We're doomed I tell ya, the best Front Office in the NFL has suddenly lost all their marbles and .net has all the answers. If only they were smart enough to look here for their draft solutions :sarcasm_off: :lol: