Disappointing Draft

StoneCold

Reaction score
kearly":fm0gp0wx said:
This is how I felt the weekend of the draft in the PC/JS era.

2010: A+. They killed it.
2011: C-. Full of "who!" picks. (Obviously, I was very wrong on this one)
2012: A+++++. Loved Wilson pick to death. Loved the Irvin pick. Thought Wagner would be a very good player. Liked Turbin a lot. Liked Lane.
2013: C+ Michael was exciting, and Hill was under-rated. Hated the rest of that draft. Liked UDFA though.
2014: C-. Only pick I liked at the time was Norwood. In retrospect, I like Richardson though I worry about durability.

So far, I'd give the 2015 draft a solid A. I'd much rather have Graham than DGB. Clark is a very exciting player with pro-bowl upside. Lockett feels like getting Brandin Cooks in the 3rd round. Really exciting draft so far. Seattle is stockpiling future stars rather than filling holes. That's fine by me.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to say either of the picks won't work out. What I think is interesting and would love to know is the why behind the timing. Not saying they were wrong or made a mistake. None of us have enough info to determine that. Clark has baggage and Lockette is undersized. Players we could easily imagine falling to the lower rounds. Perhaps they had inside knowledge on what other teams were targeting and felt these guys wouldn't fall? We'll never know, but I would love to be sitting next to PC and JS while this stuff is going down. That's the real story.

SC

Fade

Reaction score
In a vacuum I like Tyler Lockett, but this team desperately needs starting outside receivers that can beat press coverage because that is all they're going to see.

If you watched Seahawks games last year, teams loaded the box, and played man free, or cover 0 pressing the outside receivers leaving them 1 on 1, and they cant win, not because of speed or separation, but because of size and strength.

Paul Richardson was the fasted WR at the combine last year running a 4.3 40 how many times did you see him take the top off the defense? Hardly ever because he would get jammed, and he was done. Dez Bryant ran a 4.58 40 but it doesn't matter because he is big and strong, if Tony Romo sees 1 on 1 he throws it up even if he is covered because he can out muscle the DB for the ball, that is what Seattle is sorely lacking, and that is why Tyler Lockett makes no sense.

Enter Jimmy Graham really awesome add to to offense, because this will force teams to exclusively go Cover 0 with Jimmy Graham bracketed. Leaving every eligible target outside of Graham 1 on 1 with no help.

The perfect plan would have been use a 2nd round on an outside receiver like Jaelen Strong or Sammie Coates, then in 3rd round draft Frank Clark. Trade up after Eli Harold goes if you are scared he will get taken, then 4th round draft someone like Stefon Diggs or Kenny Bell to be your returner. Keep your extra picks and draft Oline and Defensive depth like crazy = winning the draft imo.

Seattle can still win the draft btw, but they got to knock day 3 out of the park.

They still will not have a receiver who can beat press coverage which = schematic weakness.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I find it funny that the team with one of the best draft records since 2010 is also the most scrutinized team when it comes to the draft since 2010.

Fade

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2lx7h8bi said:
I find it funny that the team with one of the best draft records since 2010 is also the most scrutinized team when it comes to the draft since 2010.

2010-2012 The best drafters easily.
2013-2015 not so much.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Fade":2981ym7x said:
dumbrabbit":2981ym7x said:

2013-2015 not so much.

You can't judge those drafts at all because I'd say above 60% were "redshirted" their first year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SuperFreak":1n0wf0wj said:
HawksSoc":1n0wf0wj said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 7m7 minutes ago
TRADE!
Seahawks get #Pick69 (R3)...
Redskins get:
#Pick95 (R3)
#Pick112 (R4)
#Pick167 (R5)
#Pick181 (R6)

#SeahawksDraft #NFLDraft

That's four picks. I don't dislike the players we are getting but I think JS caved and gave up too much capital.

yes but a net of 3 picks since one was swapped. I agree though that we may have given up a little too much for a kick returner while we need starters for the offensive line.

Artizam

Reaction score
Enough about the O line problems, how many games has Okung and Unger missed the last two seasons? Yes, the team was better with them, but we managed to win more than lose with them out. The O line is a pressing need, but when Schneider comes out and says they wanted three players in the draft, and they got two of them, leads me to believe that they know more about what the team needs than any fan on these forums. When we start missing the playoffs, I'll start to worry and begin to question John and Pete's decisions. In them I trust, they've yet to let me down

brimsalabim

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2tv52o9p said:
mikeak":2tv52o9p said:
chris98251":2tv52o9p said:
mikeak":2tv52o9p said:
I am disappointed that we drafted a guy that beats women

Hope he screws up and gets arrested for something stupid

I guess you were there when it happened and know all the details, we will all trust your insight into this, tell us what really happened please since we like to have the facts before we execute people that beat women or are to stupid to exist.

1) So your expertise tells you he did nothing?

2) She was bloodied

3) Her 15 year old brother said he grabbed her throat and threw her on the floor

4) He was kicked off a Michigan team that needed him

What I do KNOW is that there was enough smoke to not give him the benefit of a doubt. Also theft is 100% confirmed.

Interview w Condotta and all he will say is I put myself in a bad position.... Yeah drunk beating his gf

Your ability to hold a grudge against someone and not realize people make mistakes is disturbing.
If you even listened to the interview you'd realize he is remorseful of his actions and is truly excited to play for the Seahawks.
Your statement about hoping he gets kicked off the team is also very ignorant.

The interview that I read ...linked here on another thread did not sound one bit remorseful. In fact he alluded to blaming the victim while never admitting wrong doing himself. At least he won't have a guaranteed contract though so he will have to keep his $#it strait.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Fade":16tg99fq said:
dumbrabbit":16tg99fq said:

2013-2015 not so much.
2015?! You can't be serious :roll:

seabowl

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":8sqw10nd said:

Best from 2011-2012. Not after that though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chet380":jql5o8m1 said:
A reach for Clark while ignoring OL and CB needs.

Lockett as a PR is OK -- BUT GIVING UP 4 PICKS??!!

Next picks at #130 and #134 :cry:

This is what 80% of people said in 2012.

Can we at least see our draft picks play before declaring a draft a bust? Good god people.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I will be happy to acquire the season tickets of anyone who is disappointed in this draft.

Problem solved.

Fade

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":298xjaem said:
Fade":298xjaem said:
dumbrabbit":298xjaem said:

2013-2015 not so much.

You can't judge those drafts at all because I'd say above 60% were "redshirted" their first year.

Going player by player it is pretty ugly.

1st Percy Harvin F-
2nd Christine Michael D+
3rd Jordan Hill B
4th Chris Harper F-
5th Tharold Simon D
5th Jesse Williams F-
5th Luke Willson C
6th Spencer Ware D-
7th Ryan Seymour D-
7th Ty Powell F-
7th Percy Harvin F-
7th Jared Smith F-
7th Michael Bowie D+

Outside of Jordan Hill I don't see any potential long term starters in the NFL. Maybe Luke Willson maybe.

2nd Paul Richardson C-
2nd Justin Britt D+
3rd Percy Harvin F-
4th Cassius Marsh D career backup
4th Kevin Norwood D Ben Obomanu at best
4th KPL B+ Flashed early before getting hurt I like him (Watch the Giants game)
5th Jimmy Staten F-
6th Garrett Scott F-
6th Eric Pinkins F-
7th Kiero Small F+

Outside of Kevin Pierre Lewis I don't see any potential long term starters in the NFL. Maybe Justin Britt maybe. He was horrible last year. Maybe P Rich if he can stay healthy, but looks more like a #3 to me.

1st Jimmy Graham A
2nd Frank Clark A or F High Risk High Reward
3rd 4th 5th 6th Tyler Lockett C- If he can be the best returner in his draft class. (He cost 4 picks!)

to be continued.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Terrible Draft? One of the best Tight Ends in the league in the 1st Round. A high reward if it works out guy at the END of the 2nd round. And one of the best Special Teams/Returners in the nation in the 3rd round.
Pretty sure the word is SOLID draft.

Fade

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3dxyryz4 said:
Terrible Draft? One of the best Tight Ends in the league in the 1st Round. A high reward if it works out guy at the END of the 2nd round. And one of the best Special Teams/Returners in the nation in the 3rd round.

I agree so far a solid draft, but Seattle has to do damage day 3 or it could turn into a bad draft.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Fade":1w4dbmr8 said:
SoulfishHawk":1w4dbmr8 said:

I agree so far a solid draft, but Seattle has to do damage day 3 or it could turn into a bad draft.
If it's solid so far and we get 3 contributors then it's a solid draft period

CPHawk

Reaction score
Fade":2sxw0483 said:
In a vacuum I like Tyler Lockett, but this team desperately needs starting outside receivers that can beat press coverage because that is all they're going to see.

If you watched Seahawks games last year, teams loaded the box, and played man free, or cover 0 pressing the outside receivers leaving them 1 on 1, and they cant win, not because of speed or separation, but because of size and strength.

Paul Richardson was the fasted WR at the combine last year running a 4.3 40 how many times did you see him take the top off the defense? Hardly ever because he would get jammed, and he was done. Dez Bryant ran a 4.58 40 but it doesn't matter because he is big and strong, if Tony Romo sees 1 on 1 he throws it up even if he is covered because he can out muscle the DB for the ball, that is what Seattle is sorely lacking, and that is why Tyler Lockett makes no sense.

Enter Jimmy Graham really awesome add to to offense, because this will force teams to exclusively go Cover 0 with Jimmy Graham bracketed. Leaving every eligible target outside of Graham 1 on 1 with no help.

The perfect plan would have been use a 2nd round on an outside receiver like Jaelen Strong or Sammie Coates, then in 3rd round draft Frank Clark. Trade up after Eli Harold goes if you are scared he will get taken, then 4th round draft someone like Stefon Diggs or Kenny Bell to be your returner. Keep your extra picks and draft Oline and Defensive depth like crazy = winning the draft imo.

Seattle can still win the draft btw, but they got to knock day 3 out of the park.

They still will not have a receiver who can beat press coverage which = schematic weakness.

Load the Fn box, and Graham will kill them. It's stupid that people keep ignoring our first pick, Jimmy.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Fade":3s1mi1kw said:
SoulfishHawk":3s1mi1kw said:

Seems like you think every player, or a majority of them, picked from every round must become starters or at least valuable contributors in order for the draft to be "good." Sure, that would be the top-end ideal, but it's rare that this happens for any team. Plus, as has been said numerous times, we wouldn't in reality add 11 new players to our already-stocked roster. Spend the picks for good value, which we did.

Hawks already have a very good team already, and when (assuming) the defensive backfield heals up, they'll continue to dominate, as they bring Tharold Simon along. The offense and field-position battle just got better with Jimmy and Lockett, and the pass-rush will be more solid. We could pick up a couple mid-round O- or D-linemen, or even UDFAs, and I'd be thrilled with the whole draft.

Nothing disappointing about any of it.

Go Hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mike 4G":30a9x204 said:
I would have rather we gone OL and CB as well.
yeah, Schneider and the rest of that stupid ass bunch in the Draft Room....Obviously gotten stupid over the last few days. :lol:

razor150

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1s7dj6oj said:
razor150":1s7dj6oj said:
The D is fine. Could it use more depth? Sure, and not just at DE. Our offense is broken, and it's piss poor performance throughout the post season wasn't because of injuries. Unlike the defense in the Super Bowl, it was relatively healthy.
:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Our offense is broken?! BWAHAHAHAHA Ok...I guess a top 10 offense that also happens to rank #1 in rushing is "broken"

Seriously, where do you people come from?!

Please, the only thing this offense is good at is rushing, and our #1 rank in the rushing offense is because of Russell Wilson running because he has no where to throw the ball or he is getting no protection And bolts from the pocket. It is like you don't even watch this teaM despite claiming to such a "smart" fan. The only thing that makes this offense work even in the slightest is Wilson's ability to avoid the rush. You fine with that? Good for you, I am not. This offense is going to get Wilson hurt, and despite how great our defense is we won't even sniff the playoffs with our back up QB. That is assuming we get Jackson back, it is even worse if it s someone else. We've already seen the differece between Jackson and Wilson.

Latest posts