Disgusting Performances

Welshers2

Reaction score
OK let's just say it: This run is unacceptable and disgusting!!!! After taking the LEAD in the division and being the hottest team in baseball they have absolutely collapsed. Four losses in a row and 2-7 in the last nine!!! Against very beatable teams. Now they aren't even in the playoffs if the season ended today. This is DISGUSTING. What is going on with this team? Scott, get it together. When the pitching is great the hitting sucks. When the hitting warms up the pitching sucks.

There are no excuses for this. Turn it around down the stretch or heads should roll. This team has shown their potential and they are not leading up to it. You absolutely can not collapse like this at the most important time of the season.

I feel sick. This happens as the Seahawks are disappointing as well. Brutal time for Seattle sports fans.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Big Game Sunday. Suck it up. None of us are disputing how pathetic that 2nd half was. It's over. On to the next one.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Big Game Sunday. Suck it up. None of us are disputing how pathetic that 2nd half was. It's over. On to the next one.
I was talking about the Mariners, maybe you didn't read my post or see what forum it was in.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I was talking about the Mariners, maybe you didn't read my post or see what forum it was in.
You know it's been a bad week when:

It's not clear which Seattle team "Disgusting Performances" applies to! ;) LOL.

I should be a Mariners fan by association with the hawks - but I'm a Jays fan 'cause, well - it's just the law here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, I didn't even notice. Both teams apply. I need coffee. And maybe some Vodka

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At one point fangraphs had us at a 91% chance of making the playoffs. If we somehow blow this then SS and/or Dipoto should go.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Where is the leadership on the players side. Where is the Jay Buhner to jump his fellow players crap when guys are not pulling their weight.

bileever

Reaction score
Tough week to be a Seattle sports fan, that's for sure. Losing to both LA teams. Ugh.

But I would add that this is the beauty of sports, that only by experiencing the lows can you truly enjoy the highs. As I used to tell the teams that I coached, there's no point to winning if there wasn't a chance of losing. Sports are the ultimate zero sum game, half the teams win, half the teams lose.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sports is a rollercoaster. This down part sucks, but that's part of it. Just makes you appreciate the good times more.
Not trying to be negative, but I'm having a really hard time thinking we make playoffs with this team. Hope to be very wrong and I'll be pulling for them every game as always.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There won't be good times this year if they don't start winning a bunch of games

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tough week to be a Seattle sports fan, that's for sure. Losing to both LA teams. Ugh.

But I would add that this is the beauty of sports, that only by experiencing the lows can you truly enjoy the highs. As I used to tell the teams that I coached, there's no point to winning if there wasn't a chance of losing. Sports are the ultimate zero sum game, half the teams win, half the teams lose.
Both LA teams, in their respective sports, were without their top players. That makes losing to them even worse.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Baseball is a stats game. They went on a big run in August. Now they are regressing to the mean, which means 3rd place in the AL, where they've belonged all year.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When I bet on the Mariners, they win. I bet them today for the first time since August. It will happen. I have faith, even though that contradicts my previous post.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Outside of August, this has basically been a .500 team.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Mariners are like a drug addict. Or sugar addict, whichever you prefer. They get really high then crash hard. Time to dust off and get back to it