Dk doesn't need surgery.

toffee

Reaction score
Sounded like we will see DK in weeks, ready for that push for playoff and beyond. Meantime, we may be well advised to 'rent" a WR for the rest of season? Unless we have someone on practice squad ready to step in.

ivotuk

Reaction score
From 6 years ago:

Torn patellar tendon no longer a career death knell? -- Chris Wesseling Oct 07, 2016

Players have overcome torn ACLs to earn All-Pro selections and even MVP awards. Over the past decade, advanced surgical techniques and accelerated rehab schedules have enabled stars such as Demaryius Thomas, Terrell Suggs, Brent Grimes and Jason Peters to recapture Pro Bowl form following ruptured Achilles tendons -- an injury that had been a death knell for skill-position players earlier this century.

Might we be on the verge of a similar breakthrough in patellar-tendon recoveries, with Cruz, Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham and Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne as the vanguard?

sutz

Reaction score
An IR move would sit him for 4 weeks minimum. They'll have to decide if he needs that much rehab. Always the worry about re-injury or making it worse if he goes back to playing too soon.

Goodwin stepped up well yesterday. 3TE sets seem to be working well. I don't think we need to find someone from outside to fill in.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Patellar tendon injury? No thanks. Put him on IR. Outside players (DB,WR,RB) NEVER recover from Patellar injuries and I mean NEVER.

This is a MASSIVELY different degree of injury from what is reported in that story. Like the difference between a quarterback jamming a finger on an opponent's helmet, and having it cut off and reattached.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Glad its not a tear..Victor Cruz could never really come back from it. Hopefully he is back soon.

Jac

Reaction score
DK is a warrior imho. Wants to practice Wednesday. This is a guy who just got paid.
I get the sense that guys are having fun playing this year and enjoying the ride. I assume he doesn't want to miss out on that.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
After the bye is the best he can hope for probably? He's expensive, so we'll take care of him, and he won't like it very much :)

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is a MASSIVELY different degree of injury from what is reported in that story. Like the difference between a quarterback jamming a finger on an opponent's helmet, and having it cut off and reattached.
That is why I am saying put him on IR to AVOID the more serious patellar injury.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That is why I am saying put him on IR to AVOID the more serious patellar injury.
Now that the IR rules have changed, I agree with you. It's probably best to IR him and name him designated to return.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I think he should hit Wilson up for some of that Wolverine blood!

I like DK to get treatment and recover fully. Knees are tricky anyway, but the man knows his body.

Latest posts